Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    I never really understood saying this. It's like saying that some people in Zimbabwe are as rich as some in the UK - yes it's true, but the general rules still apply; people in the UK are richer. There's a tendency on TSR to assume that all generalisation is automatically bad, which is simply untrue. Of course there are individual differences.
    No don't get me wrong, it's not automatically a bad thing! It's just the context in which it's used.

ReputationRep:
    The closer we get, the more worried I become. I really don't know what to expect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuya)
    Hmmm, first time I've had this feeling. I was pretty confident with my GCSEs so, I didn't care then.
    Is this necessarily a sign of bad nervousness - like a sign I did bad or something?
    Nervousness is always a worry that you might do worse than you'd hoped - but how you feel has nothing to do with whether you did well or not

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I've been way too confident; haven't even got a plan B for if I get less than ABB

I 100% am not going to my insurance >:C

ReputationRep:
    This has probably been asked a million times but when does track update on results day? Is it as soon as 12 am or is it later like 8 am?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate113855)
    I feel like I've been way too confident; haven't even got a plan B for if I get less than ABB

Would that be a plan B, or a Plan BBB? :getmycoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    This has probably been asked a million times but when does track update on results day? Is it as soon as 12 am or is it later like 8 am?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Between 6 and 8am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate113855)

Worst case scenario; you have to resit some modules and reapply OR you go to a uni you arent completely happy with.

It's not really that bad, is it? Compared to people who can't/don't go into further education or people who wouldnt even dream of ABB.

for example, I ate a grape this morning thinking it was seedless but it had seeds and i didnt like it. This got me thinking; why didnt I eat an orange instead? Even if the orange had seeds, at least I would have been more prepared. But then the orange could have been sour, and I inadvertently made the correct decision with the grape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aptenodytes)
    for example, I ate a grape this morning thinking it was seedless but it had seeds and i didnt like it. This got me thinking; why didnt I eat an orange instead? Even if the orange had seeds, at least I would have been more prepared. But then the orange could have been sour, and I inadvertently made the correct decision with the grape.
    Cool story, bro.

ReputationRep:
    What time are people planning on getting up to get results? I'm thinking at 7 so hopefully track will have updated by the time I'm ready to leave for school at 8 to get there for 9

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kath_igidbashian)
    What time are people planning on getting up to get results? I'm thinking at 7 so hopefully track will have updated by the time I'm ready to leave for school at 8 to get there for 9

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've had my alarm set for 8.00 for most of the holiday. I see no reason to change that for results day. It also prevents me getting up at 6.00 and refreshing 1000 times - I only have to check once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly 3:41am. But you have to hurry as it is only online for 3 Plank times. You will need to use the same timing system as Luke Skywalker did when he destroyed the death star. Unless you are also a jedi.

Spoiler:
    Show
    my guess would be ~7:30am

ReputationRep:
    Probably a stupid question, but is CCC the actual average? I've never seen anyone who genuinely couldn't do better than that...

ReputationRep:
    Feeling as if I should have worked just a little bit harder :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColourDog)
    Weird to think the universities have our results now... :s

Feeling as if I should have worked just a little bit harder :/
    It is weird to think that, given they don't have them yet.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where you'd stand if you applied for a different course through clearing? (If you don't get grades for firm etc)?
    Is it allowed?

ReputationRep:
    I've had my alarm set for 8.00 for most of the holiday. I see no reason to change that for results day. It also prevents me getting up at 6.00 and refreshing 1000 times - I only have to check once.
    I would do this if I had the luxury of not having to travel for an hour in total to get to my school, we get results at 9 and I want to get it asap

ReputationRep:
    It is weird to think that, given they don't have them yet.
    I thought they got them a week before results day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColourDog)
    I thought they got them a week before results day.
    Nope. I think UCAS might get them around today. Universities get them at the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I think UCAS might get them around today. Universities get them at the weekend.
    Ah. I've been fed lies...:unimpressed::sly:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.