Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys how are you? First post here and great to soak in all the info here
    I am an international student and have applied to 3 different options at LSE.

i have been reading away and am under the impression that LSE only offers you one offer at one time. I have currently received the 5 week email for all 3.

How does LSE choose which offer to give to you first???

Thanks
    Tokey

(posted here and new thread not sure re forum rulres where it should go )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donniee)
    My friend has one for finance and management, it seems there must be a few people with offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Owh....when he got the offer? And how is the offer like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.H.)
    Owh....when he got the offer? And how is the offer like?
    A week or so ago? AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.H.)
    Hey, I'm applying for the same course too! I got the 5 week mail but no follow up ever since. What about you?
    hug!
    got the 5 week email too.
    Also no follow up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelly61566)
    I applied on the 18th of Sept., so more than a month before you did, and I got the two weeks email nearly 3 weeks after I applied. So I wouldn't worry too much at this stage. As far as I know everybody get a two week email.

"rolling basis" means they're processing the applications as they come through, so normally the earlier you apply the earlier you hear back, although they do have the right to keep your application in a 'gathered field' and leave the decision until March.

And I'm an international applicant too I'm from Australia.
    Yeah thats sort of what i thought haha Im from NZ

So im guessing its CIE exam weeks there as well? i have further maths pure exam in like 2 days :/ Im so screwed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james0527)
    Yeah thats sort of what i thought haha Im from NZ

So im guessing its CIE exam weeks there as well? i have further maths pure exam in like 2 days :/ Im so screwed
    Nope, no idea what CIE is haha. I'll be getting an OP at the end of the year and my final exams are in a week!! best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelly61566)
    Nope, no idea what CIE is haha. I'll be getting an OP at the end of the year and my final exams are in a week!! best of luck!
    Hey whereabouts in Australia are you from? NSW by any chance? I'm in the middle of hsc exams right now so want a stress buddy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuqi96)
    Hey whereabouts in Australia are you from? NSW by any chance? I'm in the middle of hsc exams right now so want a stress buddy
    Sorry! I'm from Queensland. But I think everyone here can relate to exam stress! :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how many people have offers for Law and who don't use TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Could this potentially be the rumored 'LSE offers Tuesday'? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schlili)
    Oh hi there When did you send off your application? I'm sure you'll get your 5 weeks mail soon
    At the very deadline, on the evening of the 14th :P
    My 2 weeks end tomorrow though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fgfgfg)
    Could this potentially be the rumored 'LSE offers Tuesday'? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :O what's 'LSE offers Tuesday'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hvrey)
    I wonder how many people have offers for Law and who don't use TSR.
    Hopefully not too many

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I think all departments take different times to respond to applicants. I applied for philosophy and economics and received the "thank you for applying to lse" email on 15 October. They sent the "I am currently reviewing your academic qualifications and personal statement" email today.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebell_flames)
    I completely agree

I'm just really worried about LSE as I've applied for straight maths everywhere else, so I've barely written anything about econ in my PS, so I'm scared LSE will hate me for it

Best of luck with your applications and lets hope we hear from them soon!!
    You don't need to mention any Econ if you're applying for Maths w Econ, as they'd obviously expect you to have applied for Maths everywhere else. Besides, the PS is read solely by the Maths department, which would prefer to see more of their own subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    You don't need to mention any Econ if you're applying for Maths w Econ, as they'd obviously expect you to have applied for Maths everywhere else. Besides, the PS is read solely by the Maths department, which would prefer to see more of their own subject
    I really hope you're right! Everyone on TSR seems to think this, and yet their website clearly states otherwise, so I'm still worried. I've now convinced myself that every uni but Warwick is going to reject me (I hate waiting so much!!!)

ReputationRep:
    I really hope you're right! Everyone on TSR seems to think this, and yet their website clearly states otherwise, so I'm still worried. I've now convinced myself that every uni but Warwick is going to reject me (I hate waiting so much!!!)
    have u not got a warwick maths offer yet? i would have thought they should just give it to everyone straight away as some have got them, and im sure you have the AAB predicted requirement (and its realisitc)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceKidd)
    have u not got a warwick maths offer yet? i would have thought they should just give it to everyone straight away as some have got them, and im sure you have the AAB predicted requirement (and its realisitc)!
    No, still haven't received it. But I'm targeted 5 A*s including maths and further, so I'm not too worried, but I really, really want my first offer! (been waiting for 28 days, although I only added Warwick on Track a week after that)

ReputationRep:
    No, still haven't received it. But I'm targeted 5 A*s including maths and further, so I'm not too worried, but I really, really want my first offer! (been waiting for 28 days, although I only added Warwick on Track a week after that)
    Oh ive gotten 2 offers after 2 and a half weeks....i was honestly expecting to wait till like february/march till offers/rejections came through! Cant believe theyre so quick sometimes...must be annoying for you eh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceKidd)
    Oh ive gotten 2 offers after 2 and a half weeks....i was honestly expecting to wait till like february/march till offers/rejections came through! Cant believe theyre so quick sometimes...must be annoying for you eh!
    Oh wow! MORSE and what's the other one? You must have had an amazing profile, receiving offers so quickly! May I ask what you had in you ASs/GCSEs and A2 predictions? (couldn't find you in the stalking pages )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.