Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I will take the draw. Chelsea wont get 3 points away at Old Trafford

ReputationRep:
    Very lacklustre after a brilliant opening. I didn't even recognise that Arsenal team with all the intensity they were showing initially. Particularly Rosicky who I thought was great.

All in all, I can't say I'm that disappointed with a draw. I thought we'd lose, so I guess that's a positive.

...But, really, Sagna ffs. Still can't lift a cross beyond the first man and keeps making ridiculous mistakes. Infuriating :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    As the season draws to a close, I feel this is another disappointing season. I think whether or not we make the champions league, I want Wenger to go. I hate the style of football we're currently playing as it is just plain boring. Half our players don't deserve to be called footballers and we couldn't even beat a united team that were doing their best to let us win without making it obvious.

Maybe we can get Bayern Munichs leaving manager. I don't think I'm going to waste any more of my time watching Arsenal this season. They provide less entertainment than a 0-0 at Stoke, at least that has some comical value.

ReputationRep:
    Can we just qualify for the Champions League first... You can complain afterwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea got basel, united and spurs in the space of 7 days. Bound to drop some points.

ReputationRep:
    if arsenal win their remaning 3 games.. the only scenario where they dont go through is this:

Chelsea beat united,
    Spurs beat chelsea...

In that arsenal finish 5th,

But if united beat chelsea, then arsenal will finish 4th, behind the winner of spurs/chelsea, or 3rd if they draw (or they drop points in other games)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    As the season draws to a close, I feel this is another disappointing season. I think whether or not we make the champions league, I want Wenger to go. I hate the style of football we're currently playing as it is just plain boring. Half our players don't deserve to be called footballers and we couldn't even beat a united team that were doing their best to let us win without making it obvious.

Maybe we can get Bayern Munichs leaving manager. I don't think I'm going to waste any more of my time watching Arsenal this season. They provide less entertainment than a 0-0 at Stoke, at least that has some comical value.
    Honestly what were your expectations for this season ? There's nothing wrong with our style of football its been tried and tested, the players in the team are inferior and that's not Wenger's fault. Man U played quite well in the second half, they were trying to win

ReputationRep:
    Not too bad considering Spurs drew yesterday as well. We should do it now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Honestly what were your expectations for this season ? There's nothing wrong with our style of football its been tried and tested, the players in the team are inferior and that's not Wenger's fault. Man U played quite well in the second half, they were trying to win
    Sorry but it's the manager's fault to go out and get the best players possible with the resources that he has. Wenger's always spent well-below what he can afford to and the same was probably true last year. If the players aren't good enough then it's Wenger's fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    if arsenal win their remaning 3 games.. the only scenario where they dont go through is this:

Chelsea beat united,
    Spurs beat chelsea...

In that arsenal finish 5th,

But if united beat chelsea, then arsenal will finish 4th, behind the winner of spurs/chelsea, or 3rd if they draw (or they drop points in other games)
    In the tottenham vs chelsea . we can can afford chelsea to win the match or draw. Along as we win our last 3 matches.

ReputationRep:
    Patience with Sagna has finally reached its end. He has been simply dire all season and todays game just summed it all up. The penalty aside, how he finished all 90 minutes was astounding with some of the tackles he was flying in with. Onto the penalty, sloppy backpass which happens. But don't chase it back and fly into the back of van Persie with the ref a mile away, only ever one conclusion.

Time to go Sagna, you were a top servant for us but your mind has been elsewhere all season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Sorry but it's the manager's fault to go out and get the best players possible with the resources that he has. Wenger's always spent well-below what he can afford to and the same was probably true last year. If the players aren't good enough then it's Wenger's fault.
    That's the thing Wenger's has had no money to spend because of the stadium move and he's been out spent by the the oil teams who pay crazy money. Don't forget Wenger spent 40 mil this summer we didn't expect to lose RVP or Song. Wenger has done his best with limited resources, its amazing what he has done for us. This summer Wenger has real money to spend and the right players will be coming in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I expect a bit more fight, to at least be outsiders for a trophy, not losing to Bradford and Blackburn in the FA and Capital One cup.

There is something wrong with our style of football. It has one nothing. Barcelona are finding out that their style doesn't work when Messi isn't playing well. You can't just be good at passing.

Sagna's defo leaving, his performance was one of an unhappy man, who's either being forced out, or doesn't want to be here anymore. A shame he won't win any trophies with us

I'm not convinced a draw is a very good result. To be honest, I can see Chelsea beating United at Old Trafford, and then if Spurs beat Chelsea at WHL (which I think is also entirely plausible) we miss out on top four.

ReputationRep:
    We will beat QPR, they've already been relegated.

Wigan and Newcastle will be tough.

If we win every game, then it's likely we go through.

Totenham have to play chelsea! Chelsea also have united, but united have won the PL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    Maybe we can get Bayern Munichs leaving manager.
    you mean that old man who is retiring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    I expect a bit more fight, to at least be outsiders for a trophy, not losing to Bradford and Blackburn in the FA and Capital One cup.

There is something wrong with our style of football. It has one nothing. Barcelona are finding out that their style doesn't work when Messi isn't playing well. You can't just be good at passing.
    Once again inferior tools. Wenger fielded strong team in both those games, the players failed him. Wenger revolutionised the way arsenal played, before he came we played dire football that's how the whole "one nil to the Arsenal" tag came along, we would only win by 1 or 2 goals. Our style of pay works best when the right tools are in place, we saw that in the past we went a whole season unbeaten there nothing wrong with Wenger's tactics its just players who are not good enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    I'm not convinced a draw is a very good result. To be honest, I can see Chelsea beating United at Old Trafford, and then if Spurs beat Chelsea at WHL (which I think is also entirely plausible) we miss out on top four.
    The game's at Stamford Bridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    I think you have to put in into the perspective that most people would have expected Spurs to win yesterday and us to lose today. It's all ifs and buts at this stage, but I'm confident that we can win our last 3 matches which will make it tough for the other teams. To be honest if we don't win all three we probably don't deserve top 4.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.