Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The lines for registering for skill test are open for 2014 -2015.But can we book it before the submission of our application?Why do they need an evidence of our application submission?That's a bit odd i believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siffatsaad)
    The lines for registering for skill test are open for 2014 -2015.But can we book it before the submission of our application?Why do they need an evidence of our application submission?That's a bit odd i believe.
    If you are going to send an application on 21st November then your tests have to be booked for after that, so you have proof that you applied. It's let me book them so I don't think it matters, plus you can always reschedule them if you submit your application later etc. I don't maybe it's just so they know you've applied

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    If you are going to send an application on 21st November then your tests have to be booked for after that, so you have proof that you applied. It's let me book them so I don't think it matters, plus you can always reschedule them if you submit your application later etc. I don't maybe it's just so they know you've applied

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've booked mine in December though x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've booked mine for the same day, because I have so little spare time at the moment! Going for 9th December, gives me a couple weeks to get through the application form, just in case! Feel nervous now!

They need proof of our application, because you can't sit the tests without having applied to be on a course, since the tests are designed only for ITT applicants.

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to those who have just booked! At least now you know what you have to prepare for.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ergh I've got an exam on 13th December, how am I going to juggle revision for that AND skills tests AND essays :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_cook92)
    Ergh I've got an exam on 13th December, how am I going to juggle revision for that AND skills tests AND essays :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
    are you an undergrad?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So much do to in final year! Thankfully majority of my essays are due in November so I have a bit of time to focus on the skills tests (mine are 14th and 21st December) but then I have coursework and exams the beginning of January!

We can do it though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    are you an undergrad?
    Yeh, I just hope I can manage everything alongside the application :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChelseyElla)
    So much do to in final year! Thankfully majority of my essays are due in November so I have a bit of time to focus on the skills tests (mine are 14th and 21st December) but then I have coursework and exams the beginning of January!

We can do it though!
    It's not just me then, so annoying how everything seems to come at once! Oh well, as you said we can do it, I just need to get better at multitasking lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I don't think I'm going to be able to do these tests before January. I have no free time as it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's not just me then, so annoying how everything seems to come at once! Oh well, as you said we can do it, I just need to get better at multitasking lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Treat it as practice for job applications next year!!!

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Quick Q: Do applications to teaching providers for PGCE get sent to all universities at once or do they get sent to your chosen universities in order of when they reject you? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think the new system sends them all at once?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think they first sent to your first choice and in the same order to the second and third choice if the university doesn't acaccept them respectively

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madl24903)
    Hi guys,

Quick Q: Do applications to teaching providers for PGCE get sent to all universities at once or do they get sent to your chosen universities in order of when they reject you? Thanks
    They get sent to all at once this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    They get sent to all at once this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Skills tests booked for December, a week apart. Nervous! Gonna go buy some skills test revision books this afternoon and start practising

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for those who have booked their skills tests already. Does anybody know a roundabout month that interviews usually take place? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by womanonamission)
    Good luck for those who have booked their skills tests already. Does anybody know a roundabout month that interviews usually take place? Thanks!
    It very much varies, they start pretty quickly and then extend several months in to the new year. Again, everything is up in the air this year as providers will have to figure out how to deal with up to 3x the number of applications, so I'd imagine interviews may well take place in 'waves'. But when they would be will depend on how many applicants they have, how many spaces they are allocated etc.

xxx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.