Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ah, thanks a lot for the clarification bud! Are you planning on sending it tonight then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defragmentation)
    Ah, thanks a lot for the clarification bud! Are you planning on sending it tonight then?
    Yeah - Still a bit confusing since you'd expect it to be automatic invite considering the time frame. (like Freshfields)

Will send tonight, and hope to get the test invite on Monday..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Yeah - Still a bit confusing since you'd expect it to be automatic invite considering the time frame. (like Freshfields)

Yeah, it's going to be a rather tight schedule!

ReputationRep:
    Got my first invite! FINALLY! its by Mayer Brown and I got a reply in a day! (Efficient, eh?)

Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vacschemesmisery)
    Got my first invite! FINALLY! its by Mayer Brown and I got a reply in a day! (Efficient, eh?)

Any tips?
    Congrats

ReputationRep:
    Currently filling out an application that has two separate sections for work experience and vacation schemes. Seeing as I only really have 2 non-legal jobs to put in work experience, and have completed no formal vacation schemes, do you think it is okay to put my legal work experience that I have done under the work experience section and leave the vacation placements blank? The vacation placement section only allows for 2 to be entered. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    On application form they asked to describe interests and activities, and a question below asked to talk about a task/project in which one did well in. Is it ok to talk about the same task in both questions? Or would it best to think of another example in a task that I did well in?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard any news about the Slaughter's Easter Schemes? Or know someone who has Offers/rejections etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Was So Funny!)
    Has anyone heard any news about the Slaughter's Easter Schemes? Or know someone who has Offers/rejections etc
    Have heard nothing and don't know of anybody who has either, I imagine they will start reviewing from Monday as a lot of graduate recruitment teams won't be returning until then.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, sorry for another post!

I just been invited to take Verbal, Numerical and Inductive Online Reasoning Tests. I have never done these before, if anyone could provide some tips as to what each entails and/or any free websites on which I can practice these?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swimmer)
    Hi guys, sorry for another post!

I just been invited to take Verbal, Numerical and Inductive Online Reasoning Tests. I have never done these before, if anyone could provide some tips as to what each entails and/or any free websites on which I can practice these?

Thanks
    Hey - websites I find useful are:

http://www.shldirect.com/en/assessme...ple-questions/

https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/

Hope they are useful

ReputationRep:
    Guys when answering commercial awareness questions do you have to put the source you received the information from?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily.

The only time I could see it being necessary is if you are quoting someone else's opinion or theory on the matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Hey - websites I find useful are:

http://www.shldirect.com/en/assessme...ple-questions/

https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/

Hope they are useful
    Thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swimmer)
    Thanks so much!
    You're welcome

ReputationRep:
    I have a quick question regarding entering academics - on most applications you have to enter the subject, grade and year taken. However, I re-took a couple of papers in one A-Level and, as a result, I achieved a grade higher in that subject.

But - I'm not entirely sure how to enter this on the form. Should I enter "Subject, date e.g 2008, grade e.g B" then add the subject again as "Subject, 2009, A". Or should I simple enter it once with the year I re-took the papers? I would really appreciate any help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)

Just gave grad recruitment a call. If we apply after 5 today, the test will be sent to us on Monday and we have till midnight on that day to complete it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    I have a quick question regarding entering academics - on most applications you have to enter the subject, grade and year taken. However, I re-took a couple of papers in one A-Level and, as a result, I achieved a grade higher in that subject.

But - I'm not entirely sure how to enter this on the form. Should I enter "Subject, date e.g 2008, grade e.g B" then add the subject again as "Subject, 2009, A". Or should I simple enter it once with the year I re-took the papers? I would really appreciate any help
    I did this also but only re-took one paper. What I've been doing is putting 'Biology, 2014, A' when all my others are 2013, then usually there is a box where you can include any extra information/mitigating circumstances and this is where I've explained it. So long as it doesn't affect whether you met their minimum requirement (typically AAB) initially then I can't see it being an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unsworth)
    I did this also but only re-took one paper. What I've been doing is putting 'Biology, 2014, A' when all my others are 2013, then usually there is a box where you can include any extra information/mitigating circumstances and this is where I've explained it. So long as it doesn't affect whether you met their minimum requirement (typically AAB) initially then I can't see it being an issue.
    Thank you that is really helpful

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Does anyone know how the interview process at Mayer Brown for a vac scheme is? Is it just an interview with grad recruitment team, or is there a verbal test etc.?
    Thanks a lot!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.