Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junnie)
    Hey actuarial science applicant here hope we both get what we deserve
    Where else are you applying? How are your gcses, a levels?

ReputationRep:
    Does the two week email come in exactly 2 weeks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blvnk)
    Maths, bio, Econ and RE; got 4As

you?
    Maths, further, his and econ - 4A as well

is LSE your number 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d37zoptimistic)
    Where else are you applying? How are your gcses, a levels?

Manchester east anglia ucl cambridge

gcse: 8a 8a*

as: aaabb
    a2: a

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h_1411)
    Anyone applied for economic history? Got the 2 week email last week so should be hearing from them soon 😔 nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've applied for economic history and I've just started my 2 week email :/ if you don't mind me asking, what's your predicted grades and which subjects are you taking?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chots)
    1/12 get an offer
    Hahaha holy crap - i applied without even knowing this!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chots)
    Does the two week email come in exactly 2 weeks?
    No. Mine came in 10/11 days. They say two weeks so they have that much time to get back to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercieo)
    I've applied for economic history and I've just started my 2 week email :/ if you don't mind me asking, what's your predicted grades and which subjects are you taking?
    I got the 8 week emai lalmost 2 weeks ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gcseboy1997)
    I got the 8 week emai lalmost 2 weeks ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you applying for economic history?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Politics, anyone heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    Are you applying for economic history?
    Yep and economics and economic history

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hate waiting! My predicted grades are AAB - Maths, Geography and Economics wbu? Also are you applying for economics at other unis?

ReputationRep:
    Hate waiting! My predicted grades are AAB - Maths, Geography and Economics wbu? Also are you applying for economics at other unis?
    Same! It's the last uni that I'm waiting for! I have the same but in economics, history and classics. I've applied for economics for all my other unis, and you?

ReputationRep:
    Same! It's the last uni that I'm waiting for! I have the same but in economics, history and classics. I've applied for economics for all my other unis, and you?
    Hope we get the offer ! and same i'm waiting for 2 more offers (for economics)

ReputationRep:
    guys please reply to this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2979641

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kurofune)
    I'm applying for Economic History. Is it a relatively small course? (I'm an international student and I haven't been able to find ANYONE who is either going to apply for it or is currently studying it.)

hey im also applying for this course.
    can you please answer this question about economic history http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2979641

also can i switch to pure economics as a masters degree after my bsc in economic history??

ReputationRep:
    Can we just stop with the 'will I be accepted?' questions? We don't know. We can't answer you. Stop asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilysmith123)
    can you please answer this question about economic history http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2979641

also can i switch to pure economics as a masters degree after my bsc in economic history??
    Hi! I honestly have no idea-why not try asking LSE themselves? They might seem like the ones that can answer it best.

ReputationRep:
    Hope we get the offer ! and same i'm waiting for 2 more offers (for economics)
    Same! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilysmith123)

To answer your last question: No, I don't think you can. As a BSc Economic History, you won't have enough background in quantitative methods and economic theory so as to do a standard masters in economics. You could do some sort of a postgraduate foundation in order to qualify for economics masters, though. There are different universities with different policies, so there might be other options, but the most likely situation is as outlined.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.