Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah.97)
    has anyone applied to queen mary?
    I have! Applied on the 20th of October

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get a master's in Economics with a bachelor's in Economics and Politics?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from Leicester, applied on the 20th and offer received on the 28th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    I know! Maths, further maths, chemistry and economics you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I should have taken aha, but did french instead of chemistry in the end

Posted from TSR Mobile

has anyone applied to queen mary?
      Yes, I did: have you received an offer? Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
      What do you guys think the chances are of people from the same school (one just started their gap year, the other in year 13) applying for Economics at the same university both getting an offer?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by a320airbus97)
      Congratulations on your offer! When did you send your application and when did you receive your offer if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by oreoenthusiast)
      What do you guys think the chances are of people from the same school (one just started their gap year, the other in year 13) applying for Economics at the same university both getting an offer?
      Already happened in my school for Bath depends on grades and personal statement though I guess!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by danialani_)
        Congratulations on your offer! When did you send your application and when did you receive your offer if you don't mind me asking?
        You have misunderstood my previous post: I was answering whether or not I had applied to Queen Mary, not if I had received an offer (which I haven't yet).
        What other universities have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by oreoenthusiast)
        Why would universities care - last year, there were 10 people who applied to the same course at the same uni and all get offers.

Unis aren't going to discriminate against you if you go to the same school, admission is based on your application alone.

ReputationRep:
        Has anybody applied/going to apply to do Economics & Finance?

ReputationRep:
        No not yet, Just my username and password for the portal. I applied to Warwick, queen Mary, Nottingham, leeds, Manchester

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by 29Bilal96)
        ah okay, got any offers yet?
        and pembroke, although i reckon its a long shot with a B in FM...worth i try i guess
        which unis did you apply to?
        No
        You can always impress at the interview! Tbh, Cambridge is a bit of a long shot for me too!
        Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol- quite a common combination

ReputationRep:
        Just got an offer from queen Mary!!!!! AAA including maths

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by sr234)
        No
        You can always impress at the interview! Tbh, Cambridge is a bit of a long shot for me too!
        Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol- quite a common combination
        ah well, hope for the best i guess :P
        yeah thats if i even get called for an interview though...and yeah i guess.
        woah looking at those unis though you probably have a really strong application...but aren't they all A*AA offers?

Just got an offer from queen Mary!!!!! AAA including maths
          Congratulations! May I ask what your predicted grades are, and when you sent your application?

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by 29Bilal96)
          ah well, hope for the best i guess :P
          yeah thats if i even get called for an interview though...and yeah i guess.
          woah looking at those unis though you probably have a really strong application...but aren't they all A*AA offers?
          whats your UMS average out of curiosity? cos thats what will determine whether you get an interview

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by groovyd97)
          whats your UMS average out of curiosity? cos thats what will determine whether you get an interview
          meh

ReputationRep:
          Congratulations! May I ask what your predicted grades are, and when you sent your application?
          A*AA I'm politics, maths & economics respectively, sent it on the 15th Oct
          Thank you 😊

ReputationRep:
          I was predicted that tbf, but still? I wouldn't have applied either if I knew I could get that offer, I feel like it must be a mistake

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.