Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    We had an internet safety day where they told us they'd been on all our twitters and facebooks and and people were told to remove certain info, they also thought someone in year 7/8 appeared to be speaking to people on twitter they shouldn't do o.O the whole thing was incredibly awkward tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is actually a little bit creepy I'd be so annoyed if my college did that 😳😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Every department in my school has twitter, and the school as a whole :lol:

it sometimes post useful information like when school is closed just as i'm about to set off there :lol: and come crunch time is used as out of school revision to contact some teachers (mostly maths) also shares some student work or organisations which isn't bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeFailFish)
    Mine just pull you into the office and interrogate you on why it was inappropriate.

Haha

That would be so much better...

In a way it seems kind of stalker-ish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Considering what some teenagers do nowadays, would schools even want to follow their students? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Considering what some teenagers do nowadays, would schools even want to follow their students? :lol:
    That is actually an alarmingly good point :P
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I'm not sure they're supposed to. Absolutely not with their personal accounts, I'm not sure about school accounts though, they shouldn't be following pupils really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)
    I'm not sure they're supposed to. Absolutely not with their personal accounts, I'm not sure about school accounts though, they shouldn't be following pupils really.
    I think I also heard a 'rule' about teachers not being allowed to add students on Facebook, and vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I think I also heard a 'rule' about teachers not being allowed to add students on Facebook, and vice versa.
    I think that's just good practice really. Like, the teacher-student relationship can sometimes walk a fine line and things like Facebook would probably make it cross the line. It's normal at my school though to add your teachers once you leave.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Evening guise :hi:

Attempted to cook a roast dinner today. Burnt an oven glove in the process but the lamb was soooo good :coma:

Re the whole Twitter thing, every department in my school has an account. They put the mock exam timetable up on Twitter (they never emailed it to us or gave us paper copies, Twitter was the only way to access it) which was ****ing stupid given that 1) I use my account once per 100 years and 2) not everybody has an account and 3) the internet filters block the entire website :rolleyes: . **** logic. A couple of years ago the head of year for the year group below mine created a fake account and added loads of students on Facebook. She then print screened their profiles and showed them in assembley :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)

Attempted to cook a roast dinner today. Burnt an oven glove in the process but the lamb was soooo good :coma:

Re the whole Twitter thing, every department in my school has an account. They put the mock exam timetable up on Twitter (they never emailed it to us or gave us paper copies, Twitter was the only way to access it) which was ****ing stupid given that 1) I use my account once per 100 years and 2) not everybody has an account and 3) the internet filters block the entire website :rolleyes: . **** logic. A couple of years ago the head of year for the year group below mine created a fake account and added loads of students on Facebook. She then print screened their profiles and showed them in assembley :lol:
    I've been through a lot of internet safety talks and the only thing that I've learnt from all of them is how stupid people can be :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I've been through a lot of internet safety talks and the only thing that I've learnt from all of them is how stupid people can be :lol:
    Pretty much :lol:

To be fair, I think that the staff have also learnt lessons from us... some kids in the year below me found a load of teacher's profiles and told them what they'd seen .

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much :lol:

To be fair, I think that the staff have also learnt lessons from us... some kids in the year below me found a load of teacher's profiles and told them what they'd seen .
    There's a club near our school which our pupils go to when there are big parties, particularly the end of year one. I heard a teacher went there at like 1AM or so and was taking pictures of pupils there :lol:

ReputationRep:

My school actually does a fair bit through Twitter. The principal has his own account (I follow him!) and usually posts pictures of the top achievers each year with their grades on results day.

Aside from that, I have one of my old History teachers on Facebook who just left this past year. Rather odd, that.

ReputationRep:
    What I heard about a teacher's profile scarred me... His twitter
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bude8)
    There's a club near our school which our pupils go to when there are big parties, particularly the end of year one. I heard a teacher went there at like 1AM or so and was taking pictures of pupils there :lol:
    Ermmm If that wasn't school grounds then that's a bit dodge...

(Original post by Robertus)
    My school actually does a fair bit through Twitter. The principal has his own account (I follow him!) and usually posts pictures of the top achievers each year with their grades on results day.

Aside from that, I have one of my old History teachers on Facebook who just left this past year. Rather odd, that.
    I can't be ****ed with Twitter to be honest I have an account but don't follow anything related to my school. I don't have any teachers on Facebook either. The way I see it, I have a professional relationship with them, which is entirely separate from the relationship I have with my mates and I wouldn't want those boundaries to blur
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    What I heard about a teacher's profile scarred me... His twitter
    Most of the teachers at my schools changed their privacy settings when they caught wind of what the younger kids were doing Good thing, too, I don't wanna be hearing about that

ReputationRep:
    Most of the teachers at my schools changed their privacy settings when they caught wind of what the younger kids were doing Good thing, too, I don't wanna be hearing about that
    :lol:

But this teachers bio, was like teacher by day, sex devil by night or something

ReputationRep:
    Excuse the dub, but this is literally the sweggiest thing I have ever seen. #dressinggown
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    :lol:

But this teachers bio, was like teacher by day, sex devil by night or something
    Charming. One of our sub teachers was telling the world about all the girls he was shagging so clearly teachers have uncontrollable urges.

ReputationRep:
    Charming. One of our sub teachers was telling the world about all the girls he was shagging so clearly teachers have uncontrollable urges.
    Oh Jesus

See I dunno if I'm fine with that lol

I'm all for open teacher student friendships/relationships

But that's a bit dodge

ReputationRep:
    Oh Jesus

See I dunno if I'm fine with that lol

I'm all for open teacher student friendships/relationships

But that's a bit dodge
    I think there's a fine line that needs to be drawn when it comes to the student-teacher relationship.

I do believe it's important for people to have open discussions with their teachers though. As long as it doesn't cross into much too personal territory. I think one of my school's Classics teachers, who will be taking my class next year, struck the right balance with this. He's a lovely guy, you can easily have a chat with him about anything from academia to contemporary music, but he keeps certain things private and maintains a good level of authority over everyone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.