The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Any history of art students still waiting for offers?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by RebeccaLK
Wow I can't believe he was rejected by so many unis!! Even if his PS was bad…
Predicted grades: 17,5/20 on the French Bac (I think thats somewhere around A*AA/A*A*A)
LNAT: 29
I think you need something on your application that makes you stand out (I spent a year at boarding school, so as well as french qualifications I have GCSEs and AS)
What about you?

I know right! It was pretty shocking. And damn, no wonder they accepted you! :smile: I heard the FB is even harder than IB. My predicteds are 40/45 ib points with 766 at HL, (if that doesn't mean anything to you it translates to A*AA for my 3 higher level subjects) and my LNAT is 27. Well I have quite a few things that make me stand out, I won first and second place in two regional writing awards last year, and I have experience participating in mooting competitions as well as doing a 3 week internship at a law firm this summer. I've done quite a bit of charity work as well, which helped to shape my personal statement alot since it was based around the theme of justice :smile:

PS: I'm terribly sorry if I sound conceited!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by amritsg
It seems like UCL generally focuses on the performance in the essay instead of just the mcq result. A poor performance in the essay could see someone with high mcq points not receiving an offer and vice versa.

Makes sense!
Original post by laviniafasano
Any history of art students still waiting for offers?

I am :/ starting to get slightly worried now...
Original post by rosemana
I am :/ starting to get slightly worried now...

When did you apply?
Original post by emiliehill95
When did you apply?

Early November.... I sent an essay questionnaire on the 15th December. I have got all my other offers so I'm just waiting for UCL :smile: what about you?
Early November.... I sent an essay questionnaire on the 15th December. I have got all my other offers so I'm just waiting for UCL :smile: what about you?

Ahh thats a long time, i'm taking a year out so I already have my grades but i applied on the 6th, sent my questionnaire on the 16th and got my offer on the 27th. I wouldn't worry too much, you've got a while yet before the decision deadline.
Original post by emiliehill95
Ahh thats a long time, i'm taking a year out so I already have my grades but i applied on the 6th, sent my questionnaire on the 16th and got my offer on the 27th. I wouldn't worry too much, you've got a while yet before the decision deadline.

Congratulations!! When did you get your offer? I know a few people (doing history and history of art) who still haven't got offers, so I'm not too worried... :smile:
Anyone going to the HPE open day on the 25th of Feb?
Congratulations!! When did you get your offer? I know a few people (doing history and history of art) who still haven't got offers, so I'm not too worried... :smile:

27th of Jan :smile: yeah sure you'll be fine, just keep calm about it!
Original post by perphation
Hello! Congrats everyone! I'm applying for Oxford but I wouldn't count on getting in, if I do, I'll most probably firm Oxford instead. If I don't, I'm not really sure if I should firm UCL or Durham, since UCL is more reputable for arch and anth but I feel that I'm better suited to the environment at Durham.

I'm an international student so it's not really feasible for them to carry out an interview. I did get a questionnaire though.

I have an offer to study anthropology at UCL! not sure whether to firm it or Durham. Good luck!
Reply 851
Original post by Ashaheen17
Anyone going to the HPE open day on the 25th of Feb?

yeah, assuming you are?
Hey All after 3 months of hard writing I finale got an offer from UCL for physics.
I'm so happy, the conditions are my French Baccalaureate with 14/20 overall with 15/20 in both Maths and Physics. This is not so hard to get I'm so happppppyyyy !!!
I wish good luck to all of you :smile: was waiting since November 17th but don't worry your offer will come soon :biggrin:
Reply 853
Anyone applying for management science?
Original post by SairaD
yeah, assuming you are?

Yeah
Out of interest, how long did it take you guys to get your offer through on track/portico after attending open day?
Original post by wkit11
The open day is on 27th of Feb but I don't want to go to the open day on a Friday :frown:

PS sorry I got the offer for Maths with Economics

The Mathematics Department open day is on the 11th feburary. You can check that on the invitations options on the ucl portico.
Original post by imusti96
The Mathematics Department open day is on the 11th feburary. You can check that on the invitations options on the ucl portico.

There are several ones ob different dates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by imusti96

There are a few days spread over different dates. I am going to the Friday one - Feb 27th.
Original post by Anthrostudent
I have an offer to study anthropology at UCL! not sure whether to firm it or Durham. Good luck!

Ahahaha I'm facing the same dilemma right now. I can't decide between UCL and Durham - UCL seems more attractive in terms of its course and location, but it's much pricier as well. :/

Quick Reply

Latest