ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Got that 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh but I just realised that was the answer to the volume one lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anorris13)
    AH really, that would be great. I didn't need it for an A* as M2 and FP2 went well and I took S2 last year, but it is more for personals satisfaction
    What modules do you need +90% in for A* overall? (You in general, not personally)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    -1 for not writing I_1????

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trooken)
    What modules do you need +90% in for A* overall? (You in general, not personally)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your top 3 A2 modules.

ReputationRep:
    Na he cant handle it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well ****. Need to know if I've got high enough mark for the A*. How do you think this paper compares to last year? Didn't have time to do any papers.

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy to write a mark scheme if I have the questions. Anyone can upload the paper guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trooken)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You need to average 90 UMS over 3 A2 module, so M2 S2 FP2 FP3, presumably M3 etc and S3 etc although I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soundhippo)
    Your top 3 A2 modules.
    Ok. I also did S2 last year with a high mark, and FP2 and M2 went better than FP3, so hopefully I'm alright

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    -1 for not writing I_1????

Posted from TSR Mobile
    -2 I suspect but not sure

(Original post by ThatPerson)
    Well ****. Need to know if I've got high enough mark for the A*. How do you think this paper compares to last year? Didn't have time to do any papers.
    Think it was slightly harder than last years, boundaries one or two marks lower I reckon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    I only did last years but i thought last years was nice and this was harder. So i reckon 61 A* 67/68 for 100UMS. U have got that dw.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i'm post A-level so the UMS for those modules matters...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skitee)
    -2 I suspect but not sure

Think it was slightly harder than last years, boundaries one or two marks lower I reckon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh that does seem reasonable. Kll.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    First half was generally trivial, second half was generally hard.

For the definite integral reduction proof I sort of did 2 iterations and then was like "therefore the answer". I did get how n being odd affected it though.

Didn't get the area being independent of t. That's 3 marks lost. Think I had the wrong formula for 0.5bh so I ended up with tanh2t.

For the part before that I had like 2 pages of working and crossing out (for 3 bloody marks). Sorry examiner.

For the last part of the last question, I stopped as soon as I had a formula in terms of hyperbolic double angle formulae. Assuming I did this right, would I lose any marks for not rearranging for a Cartesian equ? On second thoughts though, I just used m as the gradient of the line joining the two points on the ellipse, but I think it would be the perpendicular to this.

What would about 67-69/65 be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cogito.)
    Anyone remember the Q2, i think it's a very easy integral - sinhx i think? and answer in terms of e?
    It ended up being the integral of cosh x. The final answer was 12/5 - e/2 + 1/2e

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where are you getting these grade bounderies from?
    I have just googled it and last year it was 75 for 100 ums so what am i not getting here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Extel)
    I have just googled it and last year it was 75 for 100 ums so what am i not getting here?
    Last year was 69/75 for 100.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)

For the definite integral reduction proof I sort of did 2 iterations and then was like "therefore the answer". I did get how n being odd affected it though.

Didn't get the area being independent of t. That's 3 marks lost. Think I had the wrong formula for 0.5bh so I ended up with tanh2t.

For the part before that I had like 2 pages of working and crossing out (for 3 bloody marks). Sorry examiner.

For the last part of the last question, I stopped as soon as I had a formula in terms of hyperbolic double angle formulae. Assuming I did this right, would I lose any marks for not rearranging for a Cartesian equ? On second thoughts though, I just used m as the gradient of the line joining the two points on the ellipse, but I think it would be the perpendicular to this.

If n was even then you would have needed I_0, which introduces π/2 into your final answer.

Think I've got the same marks as you. I reckon 65 will be anywhere between 85-95 UMS, although probably towards the higher end of the range, although don't want to get hopes up lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)

67 or so would defo be an a* maybe full ums... The reason why the being odd didn't affect it for you was because you didn't end up doing I1 so you wouldbhave lost a couple of marks there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Extel)
    hope this helps
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Edexcel Grade Boundaries.pdf (194.1 KB, 144 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)

Why would it be perpendicular?! Since it was the line through the 2 points you choose - I don't see why it would be perp.?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 13, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.