Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackemforever)
    Probably that our country should issue breeding licenses, with only those deemed to be suitable as parents will legally be allowed to have a child.

So if you are not financially able to support a child, or have no concept of how to raise a healthy child, or have a criminal past, or have any kind of disease or genetic abnormality that is likely to be passed on, or meet any one of a number of other criteria that would classify you as undesirable, then you shall not be issued with a breeding license and having a child would result firstly in the child being taken off you and secondly with you being sentenced to a lengthy spell behind bars.

And yes, this post is absolutely serious.
    I think they tried something like this in the late 1930s to mid 1940s in Germany.. Were you good mates with di canio by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    even people like me who are too sick to work? How lovely of you
    Why should I pay for your illness? Btw if you were working or under 18 when you became too sick to work then the NHS should pay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earthworm)
    I think they tried something like this in the late 1930s to mid 1940s in Germany.. Were you good mates with di canio by any chance?
    Difference is that to me what makes somebody unsuitable to breed has **** all to do with their race or religion, but everything to do with what they are like as a person and their current life standing.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Why should I pay for your illness? Btw if you were working or under 18 when you became too sick to work then the NHS should pay.
    Would you be saying the same if you suddenly woke up one day and became seriously ill? It can and does happen to people. I was 24 when I started to become seriously ill, although, it was clear from the age of 7 that something wasn't quite right.

ReputationRep:
    all religions == ****

ReputationRep:
    Would you be saying the same if you suddenly woke up one day and became seriously ill? It can and does happen to people. I was 24 when I started to become seriously ill, although, it was clear from the age of 7 that something wasn't quite right.
    I pay tax (and work hard to do so) so it wouldn't apply to me. You could get health insurance. Pay for it out of your massive incapacity benefit or whatever its called now.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I pay tax (and work hard to do so) so it wouldn't apply to me. You could get health insurance. Pay for it out of your massive incapacity benefit or whatever its called now.
    Except, I can't get health insurance due to the serious illness I have, which can and does kill.

You clearly have no idea at all of serious illnesses, do you?

Oh, and disability benefits aren't actually that much. Not by the time you take into the actual cost of having a serious illness.

ReputationRep:
    Except, I can't get health insurance due to the serious illness I have, which can and does kill.

You clearly have no idea at all of serious illnesses, do you?

Oh, and disability benefits aren't actually that much. Not by the time you take into the actual cost of having a serious illness.
    Actually I my wife and nephew have had recent experience of serious illness, don't assume you know someone's story by knowing their politics. Also is my wife was paying tax!..oh and my wife's income support allowance was a fair wack. If we lived in social housing we would have had more disposable income then we do working!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on JSA should have to work for 2 days a week on community improvement type projects to earn their money.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I my wife and nephew have had recent experience of serious illness, don't assume you know someone's story by knowing their politics. Also is my wife was paying tax!..oh and my wife's income support allowance was a fair wack. If we lived in social housing we would have had more disposable income then we do working!
    yeah. like, for example, someone who's been ill since they were very young and hasn't had the opportunity to work.

also, disability benefits are not only not enough to live on but also very easily taken away for months at the slightest notice. your idea, I'm afraid, is ****ing moronic. it's also very selfish, that you would not want to pay for your healthcare when you're the one who actually could. it makes no logical sense.

my controversial view: private schools should be abolished as soon as possible.

also top rate of tax should be at least 65 pence to the pound.

ReputationRep:
    Received Pronunciation, my accent, is the true voicing of the English language. Every other accent of English, be it regional or international, is a mere accent, a variation of the main theme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackemforever)
    Probably that our country should issue breeding licenses, with only those deemed to be suitable as parents will legally be allowed to have a child.

So if you are not financially able to support a child, or have no concept of how to raise a healthy child, or have a criminal past, or have any kind of disease or genetic abnormality that is likely to be passed on, or meet any one of a number of other criteria that would classify you as undesirable, then you shall not be issued with a breeding license and having a child would result firstly in the child being taken off you and secondly with you being sentenced to a lengthy spell behind bars.

And yes, this post is absolutely serious.
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VannR)
    Received Pronunciation, my accent, is the true voicing of the English language. Every other accent of English, be it regional or international, is a mere accent, a variation of the main theme.

True voicing how? Accent and actual grammar/syntax arent related.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamix.forllz)
    True voicing how? Accent and actual grammar/syntax arent related.
    I should clarify. I mean the dialect, not just the accent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musie Suzie)
    You'd need a new and huge alphabet then (i.e. a different symbol for all the different ways a vowel can be pronounced depending on context, rather than just the one), or to use the IPA, but people's actual pronunciation would still vary.

You can tell I'm a phonetics geek
    I'm fine with varying pronunciations to a reasonable degree, but this one is pushing it:

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guills on wheels)
    yeah. like, for example, someone who's been ill since they were very young and hasn't had the opportunity to work.

also, disability benefits are not only not enough to live on but also very easily taken away for months at the slightest notice. your idea, I'm afraid, is ****ing moronic. it's also very selfish, that you would not want to pay for your healthcare when you're the one who actually could. it makes no logical sense.

my controversial view: private schools should be abolished as soon ass possible.

also top rate of tax should be at least 65 pence to the pound.
    Its not that moronic. There are plenty of countries where there is no free at the point of use healthcare at all. If you read my earlier post I said that kids, those who have been ill since being kids and those who were paying tax until they get too ill to work should get NHS healthcare.

What defines a private school, what about private tutors? Nurseries? Also its my money, why cant I spend. It on my kids education?

ReputationRep:
    Its not that moronic. There are plenty of countries where there is no free at the point of use healthcare at all. If you read my earlier post I said that kids, those who have been ill since being kids and those who were paying tax until they get too ill to work should get NHS healthcare.

What defines a private school, what about private tutors? Nurseries? Also its my money, why cant I spend. It on my kids education?
    like in America, where it's bankrupted millions.

private schools are fee-paying schools, excluding nurseries and universities (obviously).

you shouldn't be able to spend it because anyone who is in a position to be able to be spending that money is doing it in such a way that they can ensure that their child will have the same position of privilege when they are older. It completely excludes the 99% of the population who can't afford that, and ensures that those at the top stay at the top. if we are to have equal opportunities from the beginning in the UK (which is key to a fairer community) then it is paramount that no child should receive a better chance at privilege when they are older simply because their parents are lucky enough to pay. it isn't fair, and stagnates a society already lacking in social mobility.

ReputationRep:
    True but its still my money and my kid... I think you have a very valid point about educational disadvantage and I hate that fee paying schools have charitable status and avoid tax. I just think state schools should be better, spend you 65% top rate on schools?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zimbo97)
    That is very authoritarian! Throwing people in jail because of views they have in private definitely has no place in a liberal democracy. We can all say that racism and homophobia are obnoxious and ignorant but forcing censorship on those who hold those views undermines the liberal base from which we say they are detestable.
    if hypocrites want to go to jail, so be it... And liberal democracy doesn't work.... I'd say only people from groups not oppressed should publically air bigoted beliefs.
    Catholic ideology has changed with common sentiments over time. When there was vehement anti-semitism it orchestrated the Inquisition, when there was the rise of Protestantism is contributed to the fighting of Lutherans...
    It has? Or the current pope only has? It should at the very least apologise for all it has done....
    So you would essentially be labelling the previous 2000 years as evil, jut because the people at the time were not holding 21st Century opinions.
    That is ridiculous.
    Also why should you punish today's Catholics for the actions of people living hundreds of years ago?
    Jesus himself mentioned the sins of the father...

Why do you say Britain was as much to blame for WW1? I get how you could argue Austro-Hungary, Russia and even Serbia but Britain was desperately suing for peace right up until Germany marched threw Belgium for war against France.
    Because our country dismissed a German effort to end the naval race. The causes of WWI are a LOT more complex than just "the Germans started it.." Perhaps if you project such smartness, you should realise life situations aren't black and white...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Anyone on JSA should have to work for 2 days a week on community improvement type projects to earn their money.
    Agreed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.