The Student Room Group

Applying to Study Law 2016

Scroll to see replies

anybody heard from nottingham yet? it's been two weeks since that weird LNAT e-mail...
Anyone heard from Leicester recently? ?
yeo cheeky wee offer from durham
Reply 843
Original post by sebklaine
anybody heard from nottingham yet? it's been two weeks since that weird LNAT e-mail...

I just got an interview letter from Oxford which is my first indication of how the LNAT went, so hopefully we should hear in the next week or so. If not guess we're being 'gathered and held'
Just got a rejection letter from Oxford St Anne's for Law...I'm really confused by that since I was invited to interview for Law at St Hilda's last year (didn't get an offer bc I totally screwed up the interview), and I thought my application this year was a lot stronger. I'm really wondering now if they rejected me bc I wouldn't able to attend interviews in person this year.
Applying for Law with French Law at Liverpool, Sheffield, Leeds(offer pending, applying through access to Leeds) or Westminster
Anyone else applying??
Offer from Warwick for Law with Study Abroad in English :smile:
Reply 847
Hey guys, i applied for one of the law llbs at KCL and for the dickson poon scholarship - do you know if we will hear if we have an offer for the llb before the 1st of december, in order to also receive a scholarship? Or will offer of a scholarship constitute an offer to study there? bit confused
Hey so I have applied for Law with German and have got 3 offers to Warwick ,Kent and just received Birmingham.
I previously read somewhere you can email the uni to find out your LNAT score, does anyone else know if you can do this? Thanks!
Original post by cf99
Hey guys, i applied for one of the law llbs at KCL and for the dickson poon scholarship - do you know if we will hear if we have an offer for the llb before the 1st of december, in order to also receive a scholarship? Or will offer of a scholarship constitute an offer to study there? bit confused

Hi - did you apply for the first round of scholarships? If so, I did too and am yet to hear anything. However, saying that - a few people on here who have also applied for the first round of scholarships HAVE heard back, so I am not entirely sure what is happening with it all tbh :frown:
Reply 850
Original post by Adam THFC

If you don't mind me asking, what are your predicted grades?
Original post by Adam THFC

well done!! I really want Durham
Do you guys think it’s a bad idea to chase up my unis for an update on my application? Getting a bit fed-up waiting around endlessly.

QMUL emailed me saying they’d process my application in a 4-week turnaround. It’s gone over that mark now.
Nottingham say that in the case of a high LNAT score from a candidate, they sometimes lower entry requirements for LLB Law from A*AA to AAA/AAB
was wondering how good do people think the score would have to be to ascertain this lowered offer? 26? 28? 30+?
Original post by jamesstudent
Nottingham say that in the case of a high LNAT score from a candidate, they sometimes lower entry requirements for LLB Law from A*AA to AAA/AAB
was wondering how good do people think the score would have to be to ascertain this lowered offer? 26? 28? 30+?

I'd guess maybe 28 and above would be a high score for them, I'm just praying I'll hear back soon. My initial application acknowledgement said I'd know within a month :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sop10
If you don't mind me asking, what are your predicted grades?

A*A*A #banter
Original post by Velvetgh0st
I'd guess maybe 28 and above would be a high score for them, I'm just praying I'll hear back soon. My initial application acknowledgement said I'd know within a month :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh man! I wouldn't worry about, good luck!
Anyone who has any questions, I'm in my first year at Durham doing Law :smile: Feel free to reply or message me about anything at all :smile:
Original post by jamesstudent
oh man! I wouldn't worry about, good luck!

Thank you, you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
UCL rejectee checking in..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending