Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

[2016] Fastest and slowest offer senders watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziggyystardust)
    Congrats!!! I have an offer from Exeter for English too - it's my first offer
    I'm waiting on Durham, St. Andrews, UCL and Oxford for an interview
    Where have you applied to? xx
    You too! I'm waiting on Durham, Edinburgh and Oxford for an interview too. Also have an offer from York which is reassuring! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    Why, if it's your preferred choice?
    It was going to be my firm for the wrong reasons; it's fairly local and I thought the campus was pretty but apparently they're one of the last universities to give out offers. No point waiting if I have an Uncondtional from Uni of Birmingham (which was going to be my insurance anyway).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanchiacook)
    Attachment 476389
    Spanish with International Business. Was the first acknowledgement email I received out of my 5 choices.
    I sent my application on the 13th of October and have had no acknowledgement email from them but I just got an offer yesterday for English. What's you offer conditional to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reader106)
    It was going to be my firm for the wrong reasons; it's fairly local and I thought the campus was pretty but apparently they're one of the last universities to give out offers. No point waiting if I have an Uncondtional from Uni of Birmingham (which was going to be my insurance anyway).
    Fair enough if you are happy with Birmingham (especially as its unconditional!) - but why not just sit back and see what happens? No rush to confirm your choices - I didn't push that button until around April time when I applied. I'd take your time - in case you have a change of heart - I have seen this happen.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got anything in relation to Paramedic Science ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm an American, and I've received two answers so far.

I've applied to:
    • Cambridge, King's College (nothing yet, but that's assumed lol)
    • University of Edinburgh (I interviewed with them about two weeks ago in Washington, D.C., but nothing yet)
    • King's College, London (a rejection, they thought my maths were too low...? :-( )
    • University College London (A conditional offer)

ReputationRep:
    Applied to Bristol for BSc Virology and Immunology on the 14th of October and received an offer within a week!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by julia.mp)

I've applied to:
    • University of Edinburgh (I interviewed with them about two weeks ago in Washington, D.C., but nothing yet)
    • King's College, London (a rejection, they thought my maths were too low...? :-( )
    It'd help if you said what course you've applied for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    It'd help if you said what course you've applied for
    Oops, sorry. I actually applied for different subjects at every university. They're all related, though. I also forgot to say I applied to St. Andrew's. Sorry again!

KCL - plain Psychology
    Edinburgh - Cognitive Science
    UCL - Psychology and Language sciences
    Cambridge - Psychological and Behavioural sciences
    St. Andrew's - Psychology and Philosophy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsarchie)
    Applied to Bristol for BSc Virology and Immunology on the 14th of October and received an offer within a week!
    I applied for that course! Still haven't heard back -.-
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Oops, sorry. I actually applied for different subjects at every university. They're all related, though. I also forgot to say I applied to St. Andrew's. Sorry again!

KCL - plain Psychology
    Edinburgh - Cognitive Science
    UCL - Psychology and Language sciences
    Cambridge - Psychological and Behavioural sciences
    St. Andrew's - Psychology and Philosophy
    No problemo! It's just that here in the UK, different departments deal with applications - it's not a central decision as it is at many colleges in the US.

Cognitive Science looks so cool btw! Did you go for the humanities one or the one based in the informatics department?

ReputationRep:

I've applied to:
    UCL > KCL so congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by falloutboyyy)
    The only Bristol I have been told of in my sch so far is sociology so don't worry xxx
    I managed to get an offer from Bristol of Philosophy and Economics in mid October which was nice..

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything for sociology or politics courses yet? I've just applied for 4:

Durham - Combined Honours in Social Sciences
    Durham - Sociology
    Birmingham - Politics & Sociology
    Cambridge - HSPS

Anyone know anybody that's had offers for these courses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    No problemo! It's just that here in the UK, different departments deal with applications - it's not a central decision as it is at many colleges in the US.

Cognitive Science looks so cool btw! Did you go for the humanities one or the one based in the informatics department?
    Oh, huh! I had no idea. I assumed the admissions department was just one singular group of people. The more you know! Thanks for this helpful tidbit :-)
    And thank you! I love cognitive science. I actually just took a course in it at Johns Hopkins in July. It was fabulous. I went for the MA, btw. BSc for everyone else though, I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3110)
    UCL > KCL so congrats
    Hahah, thank you! I was surprised when KCL told me no and UCL told me yes, to say the least.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Oh, huh! I had no idea. I assumed the admissions department was just one singular group of people. The more you know! Thanks for this helpful tidbit :-)
    And thank you! I love cognitive science. I actually just took a course in it at Johns Hopkins in July. It was fabulous. I went for the MA, btw. BSc for everyone else though, I believe.
    Oh no, each subject department has a group of admissions tutors that look after the applications for that specifc set of courses. It's very rare that anyon outside of that group will see your application. No worries, there are a few differences between the two systems, and it can be quite confusing to say the least haha

Oh wow! Johns Hopkins is really good, one of my cousins went there for med school - he absolutely loved it. Was the course part of a summer programme? Ah, right, that's the less cool one. (I'm a CompSci applicant, I apologise for any bias haha ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlohaCharlotte)
    I applied for that course! Still haven't heard back -.-
    When did you apply? It was my fifth choice as I've applied for medicine, I was surprised cause their website stated that applicants with personal statements clearly directed at medicine/vet med/dentistry shouldn't expect to hear much for a bit. Let me know when you hear any good news!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesyP123)
    Has anyone heard anything for sociology or politics courses yet? I've just applied for 4:

Durham - Combined Honours in Social Sciences
    Durham - Sociology
    Birmingham - Politics & Sociology
    Cambridge - HSPS

Anyone know anybody that's had offers for these courses?
    I have a Social Policy offer from LSE and an Economics and Politics offer from Bristol, so not your exact courses but similar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3110)
    I have a Social Policy offer from LSE and an Economics and Politics offer from Bristol, so not your exact courses but similar
    What is your offer from LSE??

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.