Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King86)
    Hi, i received no correspondence at all. I chased them a lot and all i ever got was "we'll contact you when your application progresses".

My pre employment checks passed 2 weeks ago, i'm not expecting to hear anything for atleast another 2 weeks
    That sounds painfully familiar! How many weeks from provisional to pre employment checks passed?

Thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pmyef1)
    That sounds painfully familiar! How many weeks from provisional to pre employment checks passed?

Thanks again!
    It was a little over 3 months i think. Try contacting DBS to see if they have submitted an applicatiok for you. They didnt even submit mine until 2 months after they said they were doing their pre employment checks.

Which band have been offerred?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King86)
    It was a little over 3 months i think. Try contacting DBS to see if they have submitted an applicatiok for you. They didnt even submit mine until 2 months after they said they were doing their pre employment checks.

Which band have been offerred?
    They haven't submitted an application, I just called. My provisional offer was the 12th July, do you not think I have a hope until October earliest then? I have to find a house in Nottingham!

HO operational delivery caseworker, yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pmyef1)
    They haven't submitted an application, I just called. My provisional offer was the 12th July, do you not think I have a hope until October earliest then? I have to find a house in Nottingham!

HO operational delivery caseworker, yourself?
    I think it will october at the earliest for me, so you may be later than that.

Yea same, HO

ReputationRep:
    Hello. Appreciate some advice please...I received my formal offer yesterday, with a start date of 5th September, which LESS THAN 2 WEEKS away!!I'm currently don't work for the CC, and am required to give my current employer 4 weeks notice.I've have emailed and called HMRC and all they said is "we have passed message onto vacancy holder"..who I don't think will bother responding..Any advice how to proceed?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from the higher officer caseworker roles advertised in June this year? Had an interview on the 22nd of July, but haven't received any correspondence since :|

ReputationRep:
    Same boat as u. I had interview in July for the June vacancies but was told the last date of interviews for Croydon was 17th Aigust so we should start hearing results around end of August. Which location did u apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doll Parts)
    Have they told you how the training is structured yet? I just want to understand if Annual Leave has to be booked at specific times around training/tutorials etc.

They're going to think I'm a right one, wanting to book leave as soon as I get there

I leave my current job on Thursday; scared now, it all feels too fast and too vague!

Is Liverpool your location?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone knows which office we will be based for Greater London posts and what sort of study, day to day work will be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayho)
    Is Liverpool your location?
    Yep; Imperial Court, 5th Sept.

ReputationRep:
    Same here, see you there.

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on 22nd July too at Stratford in London for June campaign. Was told that last interviews are until 17th August and will be informed after that so hopefully something will be sent out this week... Wait Wait...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iffy146)
    Same boat as u. I had interview in July for the June vacancies but was told the last date of interviews for Croydon was 17th Aigust so we should start hearing results around end of August. Which location did u apply for?
    Oh I see, didn't realise interviews would pan across almost 5 weeks. I agree, fingers crossed should hear back by end of next week.

I applied for Leeds, start as an Officer caseworker in September, so not sure how it'd work if I got ho. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayho)
    Great. I'd heard that a lot of the training was moving to a training provider, and wasn't all in-house now?
    Mine is by modules and learning checks. Leave doesn't seem to be a problem!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sljca)
    Mine is by modules and learning checks. Leave doesn't seem to be a problem!!

Perhaps they're changing the training later on for other starters.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys can I get some advice please.

I applied for the tax graduate scheme and unfortunately I didn't make it to the assessment centre and around April I got an email informing me that I have the chance to take on the officer grade role. Last week I received an email telling me that I got a provisional offer and need to pass the pre-employment checks.

I was wondering how long this would take and when am I looking to start?

Its for the Tax Professional & Operational Delivery Officer Caseworker in London.

Anyone else in the same situation?

Any help will be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daj19)
    Hey guys can I get some advice please.

I applied for the tax graduate scheme and unfortunately I didn't make it to the assessment centre and around April I got an email informing me that I have the chance to take on the officer grade role. Last week I received an email telling me that I got a provisional offer and need to pass the pre-employment checks.

I was wondering how long this would take and when am I looking to start?

Its for the Tax Professional & Operational Delivery Officer Caseworker in London.

Anyone else in the same situation?

Any help will be much appreciated.
    It took around four weeks for me to receive a provisional offer to checks being completed and being given an official offer. I would imagine a November start date would be likely due to the time involved in completing checks and allowing people enough notice in their current jobs. Although in the TSP thread people have been given early September start dates despite checks only being completed mid August.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pukahontas)
    If anyone has been successful with a posting at a location that will be transferring to Croydon then the new location has been confirmed today as 1 Ruskin Square and the move will start from Summer 2017 rather than April 2017.
    Hi, how did you find out your location might be transferred?
    In my offer email they did say look at annex 1. But there was no attachment. Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minty1616)
    Hi, how did you find out your location might be transferred?
    In my offer email they did say look at annex 1. But there was no attachment. Lol
    It was reported in the media but I work for HMRC so saw it on the intranet. The London offices will be closing over the next few years and will relocate to either Croydon or Stratford. This is a national plan, almost all offices will close over the next 5 years and new locations in the UK's largest cities will be opened.

ReputationRep:
    For the HO June vacancy I contacted the department regarding the outcome. I was told results would be provided early September.

Poll
Are you going to a Festival?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.