Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any suggestions for of mice and men questions for AQA
    and kinder transport questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellamoon_22)
    What is everyones timing for each essay i do purple hibiscus part a then b then Dna essay so 25 min writing and 5 min plan for each?
    Lol I spent 11 minutes on of mice and men in June 2015 exam and got a high A in that exam, almost an A* - even though I misread the essay question for Of Mice and Men and literally had 0 quotes for part (b), and I rushed it quite badly. I don't know how - I went home crying, but got a high A in that exam :O.

Section A - 45 Minutes, Section B - 45 Minutes.

Plan if you want, definitely don't waste more than a few minutes on it.

If you know you can write a better answer/essay (which will give you more marks) for one of the sections than the other, then you could spend a few more minutes on that section and take some time off the other.

ReputationRep:
    Any suggestions for of mice and men questions for AQA
    and kinder transport questions

ReputationRep:
    Can someone mark this please... A mark and where i can improve would be much appreciated
    How does Priestley present the divide between the youngerand older generation?Priestley resents the older generation to be quite foolishas Birling states, ‘the famous younger generation who know it all’. Birling ridiculesSheila and Eric at the end of the play with this quote before the phone ringsin an attempt to make a mockery of them and the emotions that they feel. Sheilaand Eric feel at the moment that there is still some responsibility that shouldbe taken and all should not be forgotten about. He makes a mockery of thesefeelings and suggests that they should forget about the events that have occurred.This shows a man that is heartless and uncaring towards others, as long as hissocial image remains intact. It portrays an image to the reader, of a man thatis self centred and only cares about power, not other people’s feelings. Thisideology of making sure the social image remains intact is different to theones the younger generation posses as is seen with the character of Sheila. Herrepetition of the phrase ‘I remember’ shows that she remembers everything theinspector said, and also learnt something from the events, unlike the oldergeneration. It is in fact Mr Birling who is acting like a child (the youngergeneration); attempting to make jokes during a time where their responsibilitiesand actions should be evaluated. Priestley uses a character like Mr Birling toshow how the older generation should learn from their mistakes and not actoblivious to the facts, just to maintain social power. The younger generation is also seen challenging the oldergeneration, due to their differences in views; capitalist views that are heldby the older generation. A prime example of this is Eva Smith who notablyrebelled against Mr Birling, as she was suggested to have ‘had a lot to say-fartoo much’. The fact that she ‘has a lotto say’, shows that Eva spoke out more than most girls at the time did. This wouldbe frowned upon by Mr Birling as this would go against his authority. It is evidentthat Mr Birling feels challenged as he says that she had ‘far too much to say’.If the younger generation would speak out of line they were seen to be disobedient.The use of the hyphen is used to show a pause in his speech. The pause emphasisesthat Mr Birling remembers her well; because she went against him. Priestlychooses to use a character like Eva Smith to represent the younger generationto display that the older generation has to be challenged and questioned. Analternative reason of using Eva Smith may have been to prove the struggles thatthe younger generation have in expressing themselves and making themselves heard.Eva Smith is dismissed from the factory, which highlights how the youngergeneration is suppressed by the older generation, but an aspect of social classalso come into play, as Eva had to listen to her boss, who was sociallysuperior than her. The division between the two generation has been portrayedby Priestly to show how the younger generation is understand of the situation,no matter the person involved, however the older generation fail to do so. Hehas used dramatic irony throughout the play to show how the older generation,who are supposed to be ‘wise’, are in fact heartless in their views, and notsmart at all, as at many times it is seen they do not understand the situation.However, the younger ‘famous younger generation’ represented through characterssuch as Sheila and Eric, are seen to be more appreciative of the events.

ReputationRep:
    Looool no time left bro

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick little reminder:

If you don't think you have enough time to finish what you wanted to write, make a little note at the end like:

If I had enough time, I would have talked about:
    And then make quick points beneath

You WILL be credited for it!

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone omG

ReputationRep:
    You can use PEEEL
    P= your point so for example 'writer/author/poet portrays the idea of love through words
    E= your evidence ; this is evident when they say.......
    E: explain your quote what is it suggesting ?
    E: explore : zoom in on a specific word in the quote and tell us what that could suggest and another connotation
    L: link back to the question
    Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck!! Argh I am freaking out!!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'm already at school

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! Hope you all get the question you wanted

ReputationRep:
    Soo turns out we may be starting at 9:30 -.- got more minutes of last second revision.

ReputationRep:
    Well that was awful:/

ReputationRep:
    That wasn't too bad, although I got the impression that they were clutching at straws to find a new question for Kindertransport - 'some audiences find 'Kindertransport' a very emotional play...' ???

ReputationRep:
    M9 wot chatting. Lennie's a lady

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Was the first question on the Crucible to analyse the role of TWO women or one?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else completely mess up timings?
    I did so badly for OMAM

ReputationRep:
    haha

ReputationRep:
    IM SO HAPPY THOSE QUESTIONS WERE SO GOOD💗

(I loved WIB and OMAM)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.