Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_price)
    I should imagine that you could be asked a question like this from a tough interviewer, but your answer would unlikely be expected to be any more than what it does (i.e. price options) and a more detailed explanation of what an option actually is.

Also, just so you know: something being "nobel prize winning" is absolutely no grounds on which to say that it is beyond the scope of an explanation for someone our age. I'm doing physics and we cover plenty of things that were nobel prize-worthy at the time.

Just because something requires immense intelligence to discover does not by any means suggest that it requires much intelligence to explain/use.
    Fair enough. Thanks for the help with the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eli5k)
    Could you be asked to explain the Black-Scholes Model if you apply for S&T or is that something not to worry about?
    Answer: its the model where you mould a player to have both viera and scholes attributes to create a 'black scholes' aka Paul pogba

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Assuming Deutsche Bank only accept final year students for their full-time programme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am also interested in this, anyone has experience with it from previous years? It doesn't specify graduation year in the job description for an internship, but in role search only graduate roles come up for final year students.

ReputationRep:
    Am I right assuming that GHL doesn't accept applications for SA, but only FT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    Am I right assuming that GHL doesn't accept applications for SA, but only FT?
    No, they definitely take on SAs. Apply via Freshminds

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a question. Say you clear the first round and are invited to a phone interview, would you be invited to the next round based on your performance just during that interview or will they look at your CV, CL, tests etc. again?

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys applying to the big four as well? If so, for audit or transaction advisory services/corporate finance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    No, they definitely take on SAs. Apply via Freshminds

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I did that, but only graduate scheme was open, SA choice wasn't available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    Yeah, I did that, but only graduate scheme was open, SA choice wasn't available.
    Not open yet then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvestMD)
    Is this question a joke?

You haven't achieved anything if you haven't graduated yet...there are no half-way prizes.
    I thought it referred to the grades we were getting currently when it said achieved. Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vader9280)
    I have a question. Say you clear the first round and are invited to a phone interview, would you be invited to the next round based on your performance just during that interview or will they look at your CV, CL, tests etc. again?
    why would it matter? Its different at different banks, some take the entire application into account some just the interview performance

ReputationRep:
    does anyone else think deutsche banks application and website takes the proverbial p iss? they're in free fall you'd at least think they'd make it easier for people to apply

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Is there a thread for 2017 graduate applications/consulting applications?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanboi)
    Hey guys,

Is there a thread for 2017 graduate applications/consulting applications?

Thanks
    Nah, but feel free to make one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Nah, but feel free to make one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I was planning to but want to make sure there isn't a duplicate thread out there.

Please find the link below to the 2017 Consulting summer internships/Graduate scheme:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4271366

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the WSO technical guide or the BIWS technical guide? WSO only sells stupid and useless bundles and I can't seem to purchase just the guide

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Lazard after SJT
    Don't really see how an SJT is a good judge of fit...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not but it's a great way to filter applications...

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that sucks... was it the standard SJT?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bad luck man. Do you think there was a screening beforehand or did it come through straight away?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.