The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aamna-
What subject are you guys most scared for? For me, it's Physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would be physics but there's ALWAYS low grade boundaries so probably English literature as it is subjective and French because of my coursework

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
in terms of whether i'm going to pass or not: admaths and economics
but i'm also worried about chemistry and computing because i really want to get A*s in both and i know if i don't, i'll have missed it by a small margin

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which exam boards did you do for chemistry and computing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
Would be physics but there's ALWAYS low grade boundaries so probably English literature as it is subjective and French because of my coursework

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, let's hope so. Even then, they'd have to be ridiculously low for me to get an A/A*. Good luck for English Lit and French - they can be quite demanding, I did them last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
@sahil19 - you will be beaten soon iA.
Original post by Aamna-
Haha, let's hope so. Even then, they'd have to be ridiculously low for me to get an A/A*. Good luck for English Lit and French - they can be quite demanding, I did them last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep thanks, good luck to you too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aamna-
Which exam boards did you do for chemistry and computing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ocr for both (gateway for chem)

Posted from TSR Mobile
ocr for both (gateway for chem)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did OCR for computing too. How did you do on the controlled assessments?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aamna-

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know your not asking me gut I'm bored

I found the exam easy but the controlled assessment quite hard (hence why it's impossible for me to get an A* because I got 2 low-mid As but I think I'll get an A overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aamna-

Posted from TSR Mobile

44 in A453 and 43 in A452 so i only need a low A to get an A*
the exam was pretty good for me too, although on the way there i heard someone say 'they won't ask about arrays in the algorithm, that came up last year'
hopefully the grade boundaries are in my favour, it's been the subject i've worked the most on - i was actually working at a C standard around December time lol
Everyone on here predicts to **** A*'s and I'm only going to get one (Maths obviously). But I don't care I guess. I'm worried I won't pass subjects though or get the required for next year, while people on here worry they won't **** enough A*'s
Original post by Mac117
Y'all stressing out like "15 days to go", and I'm here like "2 days, it's FIIIIIINE" whilst dying inside.

What I was predicted:
8 A*s 2As (German A, Add Maths)

What you think you'll get:

8Fs and 2 Us lmao
jk 5-6 A*s 2-3As 1-2Bs (yay disappointment)

Feelings on results day?
Terrfied, trying to play it cool. Not working, so I just let anxiety flow through my vains.

I'll make an update in two days, probably on the IGCSE thread tho. Good luck to all of you, I'd die if I had to wait any longer.

Don't know if I did an update on this thread, but here it goes - I got 7A*s 1A 2Bs (one of which might to up to an A as it's 1% off). Guess it ain't that bad after all.
The other B is irrelevant (Native German) and the A is a "meh" since it's English lit. Could've been better, could've been worse. Can't complain much.
at the rate new pages are being added, this thread will probably be 100+ pages long by the time we get to the 25th
I found the IGCSE English Language Extended (0522) Marksheme if anyone wants to see it here
Reply 853
What you think you've got:

worst case: 6 A* (Maths, art, biology,rs, further maths,latin) 5 As (drama,history, english lang, english lit, classical civilisation)

realistic: 8 A* 3As (english lang, history, drama)

best case: 1 A* distinction (Further maths) 9 A* 1A (english lang)

Predicted grades:

For some reason they didn't tell us our predicted grades! D:

What you've actually got:

I don't know yet but will find out soon! :frown:

How are you feeling about results day?

Really nervous because I worked really hard so would be extremely disappointed if I got bad results.

How are you going to open your results?

by email

What A levels are you doing?

Maths, latin, religious studies and art

or possibly history instead of latin depending on my results

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)

I don't think so but you never know! I can't wait to see everyone's though :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ExoIceCream99
Everyone on here predicts to **** A*'s and I'm only going to get one (Maths obviously). But I don't care I guess. I'm worried I won't pass subjects though or get the required for next year, while people on here worry they won't **** enough A*'s

Well, it depends entirely on the person's individual goals and their expected progress. If I'm predicted 10 A*s, then obviously something like 6 A*s means I haven't met my target and I've underperformed. If I'm predicted 10 B's, then a C will mean I've underperformed and an A means I've done better than expected.

I know some posts on tsr may seem petty to other students, but we all have different expectations of ourselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
I know your not asking me gut I'm bored

I found the exam easy but the controlled assessment quite hard (hence why it's impossible for me to get an A* because I got 2 low-mid As but I think I'll get an A overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found it the other way around haha, but that's probably because I didn't revise at all for the exam. I'm counting on my controlled assessments to pull me through, considering they are worth 60% of the final grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
44 in A453 and 43 in A452 so i only need a low A to get an A*
the exam was pretty good for me too, although on the way there i heard someone say 'they won't ask about arrays in the algorithm, that came up last year'
hopefully the grade boundaries are in my favour, it's been the subject i've worked the most on - i was actually working at a C standard around December time lol

Wow, I hope you get that A*! Moving from a C to an A* must not have been easy. And yeah, the a algorithm in the back wasn't the nicest question; I spent about twenty minutes on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
11 days for grade boundaries release
12 days for results
The thread is moving fast now, I guess we will make around 100-150 pages
Original post by Aamna-
Well, it depends entirely on the person's individual goals and their expected progress. If I'm predicted 10 A*s, then obviously something like 6 A*s means I haven't met my target and I've underperformed. If I'm predicted 10 B's, then a C will mean I've underperformed and an A means I've done better than expected.

I know some posts on tsr may seem petty to other students, but we all have different expectations of ourselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But I worry other people will be nervous to talk in this chat because people who have been predicted A*'s will be like oh no only got 7 A*'s what the hell I failed. And some people won't even get any C's. It's sad

Latest