The NBA 2016-17 Thread - Season begins tonight!

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Hmmmmmmm I wonder how long you guys have been dubs fans? :holmes:
    I ain't gon lie...I've been with Warriors for 6 minutes. But truth is, I'm really old skul. My die-hard supporting years were exhausted when TSR was barely cracking its milk teeth. I was with Knicks back when Reggie was making counting sheep at night impossible for Ewing and crew. I watched most of my Top 10 members up there actually play then-current seasons. So it's not like I'm a joy-riding fan. I'm now mostly an entertainment-seeking fan, more than a runs-in-the-blood supporter. And which team is more entertaining to watch in the league right now?
    But you got me there...and that gif by @Malevolent couldn't have been more perfectly timed and fitting
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I aint done with him though....loading up my counter...

ReputationRep:
    Actually leads nicely onto a discussion as to why you support the team you do. I expect we'll get a lot of people supporting X team cause of a favourite player but we shall see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Actually leads nicely onto a discussion as to why you support the team you do. I expect we'll get a lot of people supporting X team cause of a favourite player but we shall see
    Come on man too soon for the topic change! Im still writing up my top 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Come on man too soon for the topic change! Im still writing up my top 10
    I SHALL GIVE IT A BIT LONGER SORRY.

I just realised I still haven't written my top 10 either so I'll do that too

ReputationRep:
    I SHALL GIVE IT A BIT LONGER SORRY.

I just realised I still haven't written my top 10 either so I'll do that too
    I demand 36 hours for some of the meatier topics

ReputationRep:
    I demand 36 hours for some of the meatier topics
    Granted!

Also good news for OKC fans, Westbrook is expected to announce his signing of a contract extension (3 years) today.

ReputationRep:
    Granted!

Also good news for OKC fans, Westbrook is expected to announce his signing of a contract extension (3 years) today.
    I shall be the NBPA for this forum.

ReputationRep:
    Granted!

WB you the real MVP! Tbh it's still his best chance for a ring I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    WB you the real MVP! Tbh it's still his best chance for a ring I think.
    Yup, unless he somehow found his way into the Dubs or Cavs, I'd say it's the best spot for him.

I shall be the NBPA for this forum.
    I am ok with this.

ReputationRep:
    Im still writing up my top 10
    Oh boy...I can imagine the players on that list. Being a Heat fan, it would come as no surprise if you had clowns like Sam Bowie up there. If someone said their favorite movie of all time is Finding Dory, it would be safe to project that their top 10 films list might be a little underwhelming, no?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just stirring a hornet's nest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kendrik Lamar)
    I ain't gon lie...I've been with Warriors for 6 minutes. But truth is, I'm really old skul. My die-hard supporting years were exhausted when TSR was barely cracking its milk teeth. I was with Knicks back when Reggie was making counting sheep at night impossible for Ewing and crew. I watched most of my Top 10 members up there actually play then-current seasons. So it's not like I'm a joy-riding fan. I'm now mostly an entertainment-seeking fan, more than a runs-in-the-blood supporter. And which team is more entertaining to watch in the league right now?
    But you got me there...and that gif by @Malevolent couldn't have been more perfectly timed and fitting
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I aint done with him though....loading up my counter...
    Cool man. Appreciate the honesty!

ReputationRep:
    Oh boy...I can imagine the players on that list. Being a Heat fan, it would come as no surprise if you had clowns like Sam Bowie up there. If someone said their favorite movie of all time is Finding Dory, it would be safe to project that their top 10 films list might be a little underwhelming, no?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just stirring a hornet's nest
    Wait did i say Finding Dory is my favourite? :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Wait did i say Finding Dory is my favourite? :zomg:
    You might as well have, being a Heat fan

ReputationRep:
    You might as well have, being a Heat fan
    Bleh I thought i legit said Finding Dory was my favourite film at some point in time.

ReputationRep:
    Top 10 for me:

1) Michael Jordan
    2) Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    3) Lebron James
    4) Magic Johnson
    5) Tim Duncan
    6) Wilt Chamberlain
    7) Larry Bird
    8) Shaquille O'Neal
    9) Bill Russell
    10) Hakeem Olajuwon

ReputationRep:
    Malevolent when you do your top 10 I better see Kobe up in that b**ch

ReputationRep:
    As I'm sure we've all seen, it's official now, Russell Westbrook has signed his new contract.

3 year, ~$85.7million. Breakdown as follows:

2016/17 - ~$26.5mil
    2017/18 - ~$28.5mil
    2018/19 - ~$30.6mil w/ PLAYER OPTION.

ReputationRep:
    It all makes sense now

ReputationRep:
    my Top 10:

1-MJ
    2-SHAQ
    3-Kobe
    4-Lebron
    5-AI
    6-Big O
    7-Melo
    8-The Mailman
    9-Chuck
    10-Grant Hill

Can't really explain why im a Knick, Maybe because of Melo. but i was a fan before Melo arrived.
    Stephon Marbury and his crossovers attracted me already there.

ReputationRep:
    Fan of the Knicks now because of Rose as everyone knows. Not too upset really because now there's a good chance I can watch him play, making a trip to Chicago just for the Bulls always had me a bit meh but there's a lot to do in NY I imagine. Hopefully this year or next at the latest Noah is one of my favorite players too and Porzingod is a hit with everyone.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.