Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=trustmeimlying1;67708424]Lel didn't think that one through, eejits!

(Original post by Miss Dior)
    Nope, too frightened about it..
    Eventhogh I hated the hospital, the staff, and its location but just want a hospital to accept me 😂

St. Georges seemed really impressive I thought...is it in a rough area or something?
    Yh tooting us kinda rough

ReputationRep:
    Anybody get a response from kingston

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Offer from Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
    Well done!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neldee95)
    Well done!!!
    Thanks! I've put them on hold - waiting to hear back from UCL Partners (reserve list) and The London Collaboration now.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from the NW panel? Panel 3 for Wythenshawe and Stockport

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chemistry145)
    Anyone heard from the NW panel? Panel 3 for Wythenshawe and Stockport
    They said either Friday or Monday we should know The waiting game meeh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holistic_pharm)
    As in today and this coming Monday or the next? 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharm6213)
    As in today and this coming Monday or the next? 😭
    Yes today or coming Monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holistic_pharm)
    Ok Thanks

ReputationRep:
    This is probably the wrong place to post this. But i wanted your guys advice on Pharmacy and how you found studying it/ jobs etc.

I applied for Pharmacy to start in 2014, but listened to the wrong people and switched my degree and regretted it ever since, its 90% unlikely i can go back to studying it but just wanted ur advice. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonathanAston2)
    This is probably the wrong place to post this. But i wanted your guys advice on Pharmacy and how you found studying it/ jobs etc.

I applied for Pharmacy to start in 2014, but listened to the wrong people and switched my degree and regretted it ever since, its 90% unlikely i can go back to studying it but just wanted ur advice. Thanks
    You can still do pharmacy, depending on the course you're doing you might be able to transfer? Don't quote me on it though. It's a really good degree I know people slate it because of the jobs and cuts etc but if you work hard and maybe get yourself in with a company early, or just make sure you have a lot of experience when it comes to applying to jobs, you'll be fine I would recommend it it's never too late to go back! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharm6213)
    You can still do pharmacy, depending on the course you're doing you might be able to transfer? Don't quote me on it though. It's a really good degree I know people slate it because of the jobs and cuts etc but if you work hard and maybe get yourself in with a company early, or just make sure you have a lot of experience when it comes to applying to jobs, you'll be fine I would recommend it it's never too late to go back! Good luck!
    Thanks for the optimism, but its impossible to enter anything except 1st year of Pharmacy and id have to pay first years tuition fee by myself - for which i have no money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonathanAston2)
    Thanks for the optimism, but its impossible to enter anything except 1st year of Pharmacy and id have to pay first years tuition fee by myself - for which i have no money.
    Then, I would say let it go and focus on your current degree..
    Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Hope interviews etc are all going well for all of you. Did anyone apply to 2 or more out of these: St George's, Croydon, Epsom & St Helier. If yes, did you have a joint interview for them or was it separate interviews for each? If they were separate did they ask the same set of questions for each interview?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    I am from Tooting and it is not rough at all. Plus St Georges is near Tooting Broadway which is busy all the time.

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview from London Collaboration and i dont know how to prepare for it. Can somebody please recommend anything. It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meee.)
    Hey guys. Hope interviews etc are all going well for all of you. Did anyone apply to 2 or more out of these: St George's, Croydon, Epsom & St Helier. If yes, did you have a joint interview for them or was it separate interviews for each? If they were separate did they ask the same set of questions for each interview?

Thanks in advance!
    Hey

Not really in the best position to say (since i havent attended any of their interviews) but 2 of my friends both attended the panel interviews, for different trusts (one applied to St georges and the other Epsom/Kingston). Having asked them both, the questions were really similar, if not the same.

Hope this helps (but again, i cant say for definite!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imhassan1)
    I have an interview from London Collaboration and i dont know how to prepare for it. Can somebody please recommend anything. It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Hey,

Had my interview for both KSS and TLC yesterday. It wasn't bad at all! Don't worry much about clinical, it's mainly scenario based. There was a nunber of general interview questions, so prepare for those.

Hope it helps!

ReputationRep:
    anyone else have TLC interview on wednesday?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.