The Commons Bar Mk XIII - MHoC Chat Thread

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I think that Geoff Boycott should be on Question Tome. No-one can start an argument quicker. No idea of his politics though.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting to see Bernie Sander's older brother, Larry, standing for the Greens in Witney. The media attention and name recognition could help them there at Labour's expense.

ReputationRep:
    I think James Delingpole would make a good QT guest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Interesting to see Bernie Sander's older brother, Larry, standing for the Greens in Witney. The media attention and name recognition could help them there at Labour's expense.
    I can't see them winning at any rate but I agree it will definitely help them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I can't see them winning at any rate but I agree it will definitely help them.
    Of course, it'd be a massive shock if it's anything other than a very, very comfortable Tory victory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    They sadly confirmed Bernie wouldn't be coming over for the by-election

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    It wasn't presented as a fact that you can't go over it and indeed I have seen no evidence that it's impossible to collect more than 38% GDP in tax, He stated that we shouldn't aim for more in tax because it hasn't been done before not that it's impossible to do.

Obviously there is a mathematical limit on how much tax one can collect as a percentage of GDP for the simple fact that the government then spends the money domestically and they tend not to tax themselves.
    You seem to be missing what has already been said several times PEOPLE HAVE TRIED TO GO OVER 38%

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You seem to be missing what has already been said several times PEOPLE HAVE TRIED TO GO OVER 38%

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When was 38% reached?

ReputationRep:
    A few sources reporting that Corbyn has won 65% of the vote and increased his mandate.

Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    Now let's watch Labour collapse...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    61.8% for Corbyn, now let's see if we get another SDP situation.

ReputationRep:
    61.8%

Looking forward to 20 more years of Tory Rule

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the Labour Party would like to present to you today: How to run the worse coup in history!

Time for everyone to get behind Corbyn now. For better or for worse, he's here to stay - whether he can or cannot win a General Election, we need to give him the best chance possible to win as many seats as possible, whilst also of course ensuring we don't become a fully republican, pacifist or otherwise unelectable political shambles.

ReputationRep:
    I was on tv a couple times in the crowd when Corbyn was reelected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    61.8%

Looking forward to 20 more years of Tory Rule

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It sucks.
    The rest of the MPs now however should either put up or shut up. Either serve for him or resign from the party.

Still depressing though. He'll never be voted out from Labour leader.

ReputationRep:
    Tories all over the country are cheering today. I even did a fist pump.

Amusingly Mock the Week came up with a good joke about Corbyn being Father Christmas.. He has a beard, he promises people lots of presents.. and adults laugh at you for believing in him.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to Corbyn, commiserations to Labour.

(Original post by Rakas21)
    Tories all over the country are cheering today. I even did a fist pump.

Amusingly Mock the Week came up with a good joke about Corbyn being Father Christmas.. He has a beard, he promises people lots of presents.. and adults laugh at you for believing in him.
    If he had a fishing rod in his hands he would look like a Gnome...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    If he had a fishing rod in his hands he would look like a Gnome...
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    I was on tv a couple times in the crowd when Corbyn was reelected
    I was on tv at a Barnet game last season. We lost sadly.*

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to the Tories on their victory in the 2020 and 2025 general elections

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.