The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2009/10 Watch

lfc4life
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by roryq)
im joint 3rd :cool:

come on chaps i don't even like/watch the english prem!
Fixed :cool:

Though tbf I'll be deducted 4 points for double transfers.

Edit: uhh third isn't you, your Irish the 2 third places are me and an English guy.
roryq
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lfc4life)
Fixed :cool:

Though tbf I'll be deducted 4 points for double transfers.

Edit: uhh third isn't you, your Irish the 2 third places are me and an English guy.

oops, i must be looking at a different league set up on here then! :o:

i think i am...:woo:
kai4321
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't know who to change to be honest - my team isn't great but there's no one that I can change in without having to change a few others and therefore losing points.
The Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm confused. I've just made two transfers and when I've gone to confirm it says the points being deducted are zero. Why are the transfers free?
The Sherminator
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by The Stig)
I'm confused. I've just made two transfers and when I've gone to confirm it says the points being deducted are zero. Why are the transfers free?
You didn't make a transfer last week; its a new rule, if you don't make a transfer one week, it rolls over for ONLY one week, which you just unknowingly yet fruitfully utilized
The Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by The Sherminator)
You didn't make a transfer last week; its a new rule, if you don't make a transfer one week, it rolls over for ONLY one week, which you just unknowingly yet fruitfully utilized
Ahh right, cheers. That's a good addition this year.
cunningstunt87
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm feeling lucky today!
kai4321
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've only got one player playing today - not much diversification.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by The Sherminator)
Damn.. I should start trying to use this more often. Usually I want to drop a defender/midfield/striker and change from a different position and it used to always cost me 4 points!
Although had to use my last 2 weeks worth of subs due to injuries.
Yawn-er
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
*wildcard*

Bad times. Bad times.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Damn. Song doesn't start. :fuhrer:
good mermington
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
sweet, I was considering getting him in but I always got the feeling he might be rotated out
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Song won't play against the teams where the clean sheet is a banker, so he is kind of redundant even at that price.

Despite having to start McFadden I am confident of a good week. Starting tomorrow...
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)
Song won't play against the teams where the clean sheet is a banker, so he is kind of redundant even at that price.
Uh, why not? :hmmmm2:

Jerome, Larsson and Mendy also don't play. :facepalm:
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by geoff_yin)
Uh, why not? :hmmmm2:

Jerome, Larsson and Mendy also don't play. :facepalm:
Just because against teams like Portsmouth, Burnley, Hull, etc there is less reason to play an out-and-out defensive midfielder to protect a back four who are unlikely to be seriously tested.

The DM comes into use against a team that will offer an attacking threat that needs to be nullified further up the pitch, so Song would come in but at the same time these attacking sides are more likely to score so he has less chance for a clean sheet. Today's formation is what I would expect to see against the relegation fodder but you could replace Diaby with any of Rosicky, Nasri, etc.

An Arsenal fan may be of more worth to you here but that's my opinion anyway!

5 players on the pitch for me today, a United cleanie would start me off nicely.
Danny the Geezer
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Diaby as skipper anyone?
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ugh! I subbed off Malbraque cos it said he's injured but he's playing! :mad: Waste a sub *grumbles*
And i miss out on his assist!
/hates this game
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)
Just because against teams like Portsmouth, Burnley, Hull, etc there is less reason to play an out-and-out defensive midfielder to protect a back four who are unlikely to be seriously tested.

The DM comes into use against a team that will offer an attacking threat that needs to be nullified further up the pitch, so Song would come in but at the same time these attacking sides are more likely to score so he has less chance for a clean sheet. Today's formation is what I would expect to see against the relegation fodder but you could replace Diaby with any of Rosicky, Nasri, etc.

An Arsenal fan may be of more worth to you here but that's my opinion anyway!

5 players on the pitch for me today, a United cleanie would start me off nicely.
No matter, we just conceded.
.Andrew.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:hahaha:

Kaboul of all people.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Rooney and Berba add goals for Utd...
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (398)
91.71%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (36)
8.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed