Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Atmosphere at the Emirates was absolutely toxic today, never seen anything like it. Booing at half time etc just embarrassing really. Wenger will have got the message loud and clear at FT though, if he didnt realise that most AFC fans arent accepting his bollox any more then he will now.

On the game I thought we were actually terrible, terrible refereeing or not. Fair result would have been 2-2 given Rosicky's chances and the terrible penalty shout.
    Walcott just hasnt improved as a player , completely as one dimensional against tight defenses as he ever was and always will be. Ramsey still cant make a proper forward pass and is not good enough as a starter, not without Arteta wet nursing him anyway. Giroud cant seem to get his head on balls he should be burying. Jenkinson was hopeless, just fundamentally lost. Sagna is finished as well, completely over the hill and now a long term passenger/liability.

Cazorla clearly not fit so fair enough, but he too was 2/10/

Rosicky/Wilshere actually very good. AOC fine before injury.

So looking at the squad we have one average striker, a shortage of wingers and the ones we have are all one-dimensional and inconsistent, no recognized DMs at all, 2 RBs who arent up to it, not enough CBs and 2 injury prone LBs and a GK who has a new found desire to abandon his post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99ja02)
    At least give him some credit for finally getting rid of so much deadwood. Jeez you guys were complaining when we still had them now he gets rid of them you are still complaining - give the man a break.
    Getting rid of the deadwood in the worst manner possible. What logic is there in shipping them all off and bringing in no actual replacements right before the beginning of the season. All while watching so many of our players dropping like flies.

I believe it's telling that we're supposed to be happy that he's getting rid of deadwood, even if it's in such a backwards and counter productive way. What the **** is going on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    As the poster above me says, our defeat today was not down to our transfer window or squad depth. We should have won that game no matter what. And our team on Wednesday, injuries or not, should be strong enough to beat Fenerbache. Suggesting otherwise if just looking for excuses tbh.
    Yh we should of won the match but the whole point of arguing transfers and dept is that come 1-1 and we look at the bench instead of seing frimpong and gnarby we see some worldclass or capable of changing a game players who we can bring on to score a goal or get a grip of the game for the times when things are not going our way. Its like if city were losing in this match they would be able to go to the bench and get dzeko/jovetic/nasri etc to call up on because the manager made sure he has viable and capable options on the bench should anything happen to his first team or thinbgs arent playing oit on paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    As the poster above me says, our defeat today was not down to our transfer window or squad depth. We should have won that game no matter what.
    This is true. This defeat isn't a sign of transfer failings. What it is a sign of I'm not sure tbh.

And our team on Wednesday, injuries or not, should be strong enough to beat Fenerbache. Suggesting otherwise if just looking for excuses tbh.
    Although you were unlucky with injuries today, Wenger should have bought backups and must take some blame for the fact that your squad is so thin now, which must be seriously jeopardising the next two matches. I hope he'll buy and you'll weather the next weeks until then, but you have to admit this is a situation that could have been avoided. Edit: That said, if you'd won today and nobody had got injured, nobody would be talking about it, granted. Unfortunately sometimes hoping for the best doesn't work out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    TBH if it were a couple of seasons ago I could see where u r coming from with the board thing bt the fact gadizis said we have money to spend and will buy as well as wenger sayin we will buy I think lots of ppl are angry at wenger for not buying when he said he would so I dont think we canfault the board in regards to signings tbh as it seems that wenger is the making them or not making them should i say
    I don't know, if we had someone like David Dean in the boardroom to take care of transfers we wouldn't be in the mess that we are in right now. Wenger could list the names that he wanted and would leave all of the transfer business with him. Wenger's brain must be scrambled from constantly getting scrutinised about his transfer policy and having to concentrate on his current group of players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Atmosphere at the Emirates was absolutely toxic today, never seen anything like it. Booing at half time etc just embarrassing really. Wenger will have got the message loud and clear at FT though, if he didnt realise that most AFC fans arent accepting his bollox any more then he will now.

On the game I thought we were actually terrible, terrible refereeing or not. Fair result would have been 2-2 given Rosicky's chances and the terrible penalty shout.
    Walcott just hasnt improved as a player , completely as one dimensional against tight defenses as he ever was and always will be. Ramsey still cant make a proper forward pass and is not good enough as a starter, not without Arteta wet nursing him anyway. Giroud cant seem to get his head on balls he should be burying. Jenkinson was hopeless, just fundamentally lost. Sagna is finished as well, completely over the hill and now a long term passenger/liability.

Cazorla clearly not fit so fair enough, but he too was 2/10/

Rosicky/Wilshere actually very good. AOC fine before injury.

So looking at the squad we have one average striker, a shortage of wingers and the ones we have are all one-dimensional and inconsistent, no recognized DMs at all, 2 RBs who arent up to it, not enough CBs and 2 injury prone LBs and a GK who has a new found desire to abandon his post.
    Good post mate. I agree with a lot of it. We need to stop dancing around the issues and stop purchasing products and tickets until something changes.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ffs

Now Nile Ranger has signed for Swindon, we're ****ed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FabiusMaximus)
    Good post mate. I agree with a lot of it. We need to stop dancing around the issues and stop purchasing products and tickets until something changes.
    Dunno, might just be the time for AW to move on. And that's tough for me to say as I worship the guy. They wont offer him a new contract at this rate but I definitely wouldnt sack either, no point. Better for him to finish the season and then for all to admit he's taken things as far as he can. Ideal situation is to actually face up to our issues now and bring in the players we can afford...

I mean, there are actually so many issues atm that arent even getting a look in amongst everything else.
    1)Sagna absolutely terrible so last season werent a one-off. Jenkinson not good enough either.
    2)Walcott having probably his worst ever game for Arsenal and no one to come in to replace him either.
    3)One injury away from Frimpong at CM/CB today
    4)RB at LB after 30 minutes on day 1
    5)totally unfit Cazorla playing 45 minutes
    we could go on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    He was perfectly within his rights to leave, get over it. He never said anything bad about the club (from what I recall) he just played out his contract and left.
    Yes he did, he was criticising the manager nearly as soon as he left.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with Zurich about the atmosphere being toxic. To be fair I thought the crowd was good for the first half and around where I was (NB upper) the booing at half time was directed towards the ref rather than the players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    You're Loving this aren't you? It is pretty funny seeing gooners go into meltdown tbh
    Think everyone is.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno, might just be the time for AW to move on. And that's tough for me to say as I worship the guy. They wont offer him a new contract at this rate but I definitely wouldnt sack either, no point. Better for him to finish the season and then for all to admit he's taken things as far as he can. Ideal situation is to actually face up to our issues now and bring in the players we can afford...

I mean, there are actually so many issues atm that arent even getting a look in amongst everything else.
    1)Sagna absolutely terrible so last season werent a one-off. Jenkinson not good enough either.
    2)Walcott having probably his worst ever game for Arsenal and no one to come in to replace him either.
    3)One injury away from Frimpong at CM/CB today
    4)RB at LB after 30 minutes on day 1
    5)totally unfit Cazorla playing 45 minutes
    we could go on...
    I think he needs to go to. But in a gentlemanly fashion. He needs to resign himself. To have the board sack him would be really sad.

What can be done though? A team that's stretched without ample backup. I still don't understand why he doesn't play Podolski. He didn't even play today until the end ffs.

Turkey will be interesting. If we lose the Europe stuff then it will all kick off big time because without a sugar daddy our main source of income is our success (or lack of it). Perhaps being out of the CL is what will wake the board up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soul of Mischief)
    Agree with Zurich about the atmosphere being toxic. To be fair I thought the crowd was good for the first half and around where I was (NB upper) the booing at half time was directed towards the ref rather than the players.
    Heard some genius say he wanted 'that cnut wenger gone by Monday' 5 minutes before KO and another say the loss was 'a good thing'. The 'Spend some ****ing money' chant gave me goosebumps for the wrong reasons...

Emotional for lots of fans like me who grew up hearing 'AW's Magic Hat...' every week instead...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FabiusMaximus)
    I think he needs to go to. But in a gentlemanly fashion. He needs to resign himself. To have the board sack him would be really sad.

What can be done though? A team that's stretched without ample backup. I still don't understand why he doesn't play Podolski. He didn't even play today until the end ffs.

Turkey will be interesting. If we lose the Europe stuff then it will all kick off big time because without a sugar daddy our main source of income is our success (or lack of it). Perhaps being out of the CL is what will wake the board up.
    Genuinely baffled me this. How did Walcott do 90 minutes having such a terrible game and Poldi got 2?

Whats even worse is that TW was on the left half the time.

Even forgetting about the whole transfer debacle, AW's ****ed it right up today tactically.

Nah let me have some CL footie at least. Bad enough that we cant win something, let me at least see some proper teams come to the Emirates. And its a long way back once you're out...

ReputationRep:
    Genuinely baffled me this. How did Walcott do 90 minutes having such a terrible game and Poldi got 2?

Whats even worse is that TW was on the left half the time.

Even forgetting about the whole transfer debacle, AW's ****ed it right up today tactically.

Nah let me have some CL footie at least. Bad enough that we cant win something, let me at least see some proper teams come to the Emirates. And its a long way back once you're out...
    It's just the same short sightedness we've come to expect. I know Podolski can't make it through a full game but not playing him when we were 2-1 down is criminal.

That ref though........I'm sure he was taking cash from someone. Nobody could be that bad. Not even Phil Dowd.

The big problem is indeed as you say, if we drop out of the real Europe into the ****ty Europe then how do we get back without a sugar daddy? If we don't make it in then that could be it for 10+ years. Hopefully, we'll get a couple of decent players in for a good price but I remain doubtful.

ReputationRep:

This fella is bang on the money. Nothing but the truth

ReputationRep:
    Heard some genius say he wanted 'that cnut wenger gone by Monday' 5 minutes before KO and another say the loss was 'a good thing'. The 'Spend some ****ing money' chant gave me goosebumps for the wrong reasons...

Emotional for lots of fans like me who grew up hearing 'AW's Magic Hat...' every week instead...
    Yeh it's tough for our generation who've grown up seeing Wenger pull stuff out of his magic hat. But older gooners have seen more. I find the most vociferous Wenger Out people are invariably older fans. I've also had my doubts about whether he was the best man for the job for around two seasons now but I can't ever disrespect him in the way some of the older fans do. Heard several big geezers call him every name under the sun today and I could never do that.

Same with my dads generation and George Graham. He came in and reignited Arsenal and took us to some of our greatest moments. He became stale and pocketed some of the clubs money in the end, but the old man and my uncles all still love 'George.'

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't panic too much until the window shuts. Ultimately you still have time to bring in a couple of players, and limp through this bad period. To put it into perspective, if you had won today, I don't think the reaction would be the same. I would think the injury crisis will be more or less over by mid sept, between then you have the Fenerbahce games which Kos will be able to play in, Fulham and Spurs. I would expect to see a CB come in, 3 is not enough for a season realistically, and I would think you will bring in 1 or 2 players on top of that. If you play well then you can beat Fulham, and Arsenal-Spurs is a bit like United-Liverpool form kind of become irrelevant both teams tend to raise their game. Its not a good start to the season, and almost predictable but I think its recoverable.

ReputationRep:

This fella is bang on the money. Nothing but the truth
    Agreed. +1

Tbh it's no big deal as of this minute, more of a wake up call but you have 2 weeks too make appropriate changes.
    Think they should penultimately be judged in the next too weeks. I'd empathise that it's been somewhat poor up until now though- considering a week ago even I was saying you guys should get another CB, DM, GK and Striker and I don't know that much about AFC.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...-and-transfers

International duty" - tick, gets a mention in first sentence

!"Everything went against us" - tick, second sentence
    "we are on the market" - tick
    "We are ready to buy the players if they are good enough for us" - tick
    "we analyse every single player in the world, We work 24 hours a day on that" - tick
    So cut and paste from any start of season press conf since 2008. We're ambitious, we're ready to spend big but only if we find players that can improve us and everything keeps going against us

Wenker OUT now. Had enough of this. Simply unacceptable. The bst way is to act by not attending the home games. I've stopped going long ago, ain't gonna give a penny to the current greedy board and manager and biggest middle fingers is that we've got the highest priced tickets in the league.

Spurs have shown far more ambition than us in the market.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.