Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Yeah, and as someone living here he didn't do a great job of it! Useless in industrial disputes, invisible during the riots, generally a lot of pointless, failed expensive gimmicks and next to no successes of any substance.
    Says labour 'til I die

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Congratulations to my second love- he is Foreign Secretary.
    The worst decision Theresa May will ever make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Says labour 'til I die

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In all fairness it's more like Labour till they're not the only realistic alternative to the Tories. I'm not entirely sure what I'd do if there was a re-alignment like at the start of the 20th century and we became the 3rd party, or we got PR and there was a much better chance for the big two to be challenged. But honestly, even from a non-partisan standpoint, what exactly did Boris achieve for London?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Boris as foreign lol.. Oh dear, unity going too far.

ReputationRep:
    Who's going to take care of these refugees?

I find it hilarious how Dave is all cheeky grin but his family is probably thinking: “Dave, you moron! Why did you choose the EU?”

ReputationRep:
    It really feels like my country is being torn apart right now, becoming an absolute mockery, and there is no real opposition or way for me or most others to do anything about it. It's awful
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    It really feels like my country is being torn apart right now, becoming an absolute mockery, and there is no real opposition or way for me or most others to do anything about it. It's awful
    PRSOM, it's one thing after another at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    What do people think about UK scientists being dropped from EU projects due to Brexit?

It was something we were warned about - but labelled as scaremongering.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Boris as foreign lol.. Oh dear, unity going too far.
    Well he won't be dealing with brexit, and if anything serious happens May and no.10 take over. Plus Boris will be out the Country and and can only really **** it up for himself, not for the tories.

ReputationRep:
    Oh how I would love to see Jacob Rees-mogg given a cabinet role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    Oh how I would love to see Jacob Rees-mogg given a cabinet role.
    Is there a cabinet role which involves being put on a boat and sailed off to distant lands? Lands where, rumours say, the locals eat new arrivals?

Because if there is, he should get that one.*

ReputationRep:
    It's the quiz we've all been waiting for! Who said it, Theresa May or Ed Miliband?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...band?CMP=fb_gu

I got 5 out of 12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    Is there a cabinet role which involves being put on a boat and sailed off to distant lands? Lands where, rumours say, the locals eat new arrivals?

Because if there is, he should get that one.*
    That was given to Boris...

ReputationRep:
    I have a lot of esteem for David Davis so I'm pleased to see him given an important role. I also think Hammond is suited to being chancellor, though whether he'll be able to be true to his fiscal conservative beliefs with May's one-nation vision is questionable.

Not so impressed with the foreign secretary appointment, though I would love to be proved wrong
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Saoirse:3 I'm having trouble with notifications now too.

(hopefully you see this )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Saoirse:3 I'm having trouble with notifications now too.

(hopefully you see this )
    I have, but just be coincidence cause I have this as a watched thread - no notification from it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    I have a lot of esteem for David Davis so I'm pleased to see him given an important role. I also think Hammond is suited to being chancellor, though whether he'll be able to be true to his fiscal conservative beliefs with May's one-nation vision is questionable.

Not so impressed with the foreign secretary appointment, though I would love to be proved wrong
    While i can put up with not hitting a surplus this parliament (assuming no real recession), i'll be dissapointed if they give up and maintain a small deficit.

Osbourne may have cut in a stupid way, but he was right in his destination.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I have, but just be coincidence cause I have this as a watched thread - no notification from it.
    And I didn't get a notification from your reply. Quite annoying.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    A decentish cabinet is shaping up so far. Hammond is cut from the same austerity-driven economic direction as Osborne so it'll be interesting to see whether a May government will really cut less. Davis as the Brexit secretary was a very good call, though admittedly I would've much prefered him as home secretary. Not sure what to make of Rudd being home sec instead but presumably we'll see more of the same of May's policies. God help us if BoJo is the most qualified person to be foreign secretary.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still struggling to believe this. Like, maybe May just wrote "F Off" next to Boris and it's all just a big misunderstanding...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.