This discussion is closed.
Comm Tiger
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I feel awful.
It must be really hard for you to be constantly laboured with depression, If I was you I would just completely breakdown. I hope you can be cured of it soon.

I'm pretty much completely recovered now, but it has certainly changed me for ever. I'm far quieter and shyer than before and negative feeling creep up easier, but they are nowhere near as severe as they were.

How is everyone else doing?
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Comm Tiger)
It must be really hard for you to be constantly laboured with depression, If I was you I would just completely breakdown. I hope you can be cured of it soon.

I'm pretty much completely recovered now, but it has certainly chnaged me for ever. I'm far quieter and shyer than before and negative feeling creep up easier, but they are nowhere near as severe as they were.

How is everyone else doing?
Thank you. I'm hoping it won't last, but it did before, and it seems to get harder. I'm glad you're getting better. Perhaps you will get your confidence back, one day.
Comm Tiger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think the cause of mine is Seasonal Affective, which explains why it went away as soon as spring began, so maybe I can prevent it from being as soul destroyingly horrible as it was this time...if it wasn't for a few certain people I would of killed myself.

I hope you do get better. You're at Uni aren't you? Maybe it's the stress that's making it so bad?.
Vienna Cannon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
god i feel so low. I hope everyone is ok
Comm Tiger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Vienna Cannon)
god i feel so low. I hope everyone is ok
What's up?.
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Comm Tiger)
I think the cause of mine is Seasonal Affective, which explains why it went away as soon as spring began, so maybe I can prevent it from being as soul destroyingly horrible as it was this time...if it wasn't for a few certain people I would of killed myself.

I hope you do get better. You're at Uni aren't you? Maybe it's the stress that's making it so bad?.
I'm glad you know what it is and how to handle it.

I was at uni; I'm taking leave of absence and going back in October. But I don't want to go back to uni if I don't start to feel better. But then again staying here probably isn't the answer, either. Though I am glad to be at home, at the mo.
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've missed my period. great.
Antimatter
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
I've missed my period. great.
I'm always missing periods, being ten days late, whatever...
Are you stressed or anything right now? Are you sexually active?
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Antimatter)
I'm always missing periods, being ten days late, whatever...
Are you stressed or anything right now? Are you sexually active?
i'm incredibly regular; to the half hour. I'm now 2 weeks overdue.
no more stressed than usual.
I was all over the place with my pill and not really giving a toss because I was really depressed and not getting any anyway. then I had a lot of sex.
I've been a total idiot. If I am then it's totally my fault, I'm just really hoping that I'm not. going to take a test later to get it over with.
Antimatter
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
i'm incredibly regular; to the half hour. I'm now 2 weeks overdue.
no more stressed than usual.
I was all over the place with my pill and not really giving a toss because I was really depressed and not getting any anyway. then I had a lot of sex.
I've been a total idiot. If I am then it's totally my fault, I'm just really hoping that I'm not. going to take a test later to get it over with.
I do hope you were using condoms as well...
Or at least, you're with a regular partner who you've had an STI test with.
Gawd, I'm sounding like my mother more and more each day.
Anyway, tell us how it goes
Also, if you want someone to go to the doctor's or clinic with who you don't know irl, I can come

But, actually, if you've been 'all over the place with the pill', I'm sure that can muck up your cycle, so it might well be nothing. Do you feel premenstural? Any backache/feeling sick?
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Antimatter)
I do hope you were using condoms as well...
Or at least, you're with a regular partner who you've had an STI test with.
Gawd, I'm sounding like my mother more and more each day.
Anyway, tell us how it goes
Also, if you want someone to go to the doctor's or clinic with who you don't know irl, I can come

But, actually, if you've been 'all over the place with the pill', I'm sure that can muck up your cycle, so it might well be nothing. Do you feel premenstural? Any backache/feeling sick?
no condoms, it's a partner I've been with for about 3 years though.
I'm hoping it is just from missing the odd pill and not taking it at the same time each day. no symptoms that i can think of, other than being really tired and a bit light headed.

cheers for the responses, better than sitting here worrying myself.:p:
Vienna Cannon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
is anyone about?
I hope people are feeling better than I am right now
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've had the most sleep I've had in years and I feel awful for it.
I went to sleep at 8:30pm and woke up at 3pm. Actually I woke up at 4am but went back to sleep.

How is everyone else?
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by diamonddust)
I've had the most sleep I've had in years and I feel awful for it.
I went to sleep at 8:30pm and woke up at 3pm. Actually I woke up at 4am but went back to sleep.

How is everyone else?
How'd your psychology test go?
diamonddust
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
How'd your psychology test go?
Surprisingly ok ,thanks! I went out the exam quite pleased because everything I'd wanted came up and the short questions made me happy because I actually knew the answers but now I'm not sure because I think I messed up a few questions and I'm telling myself I failed because whenever I leave an exam confident it means I've failed it... weird logic, I know.
I kind of zoned out at the beginning when they told us to start because we had one exam after the other and I thought we'd get the core studies paper first but we got Research Methods first which made me double take when I saw the first question and just stare at my water bottle but yeah, I think it went ok.

Now I'm scared for Biology and Chemistry. Even though they're in June and I have Lit on Wednesday. I feel like I'm going to flop Lit just because I feel a bit like 'it's literature, I don't need to revise it that much' which of course means I'll be underprepared so I'm going to start reading P+P again tomorrow and see what happens. I'm scared about the poetry. It's closed book so I have to know quotes and *screams* I'm watching Come Dine With Me and some woman is murdering I Dreamed a Dream.
Sorry, that was a little random. But Biology and Chemistry are the biggies that I'm going to fail amazingly. With Psych and English Lit I've kind of understood it the whole year but I've been asleep for most of Biology and I hate Chemistry so I haven't taken anything in so I won't be revising for it, I'll be learning the stuff! I have no hope for getting anything better than a E in Chemistry and I'll get a D in Bio if I'm lucky. I do need As and I don't think it's very realistic... but it would be hilariously funny to get an A and gloat to my Chemistry teacher (who basically told me I'm going to fail)

Oops, sorry for the exam rant...
Saber, how are you?
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by diamonddust)
Surprisingly ok ,thanks! I went out the exam quite pleased because everything I'd wanted came up and the short questions made me happy because I actually knew the answers but now I'm not sure because I think I messed up a few questions and I'm telling myself I failed because whenever I leave an exam confident it means I've failed it... weird logic, I know.
I kind of zoned out at the beginning when they told us to start because we had one exam after the other and I thought we'd get the core studies paper first but we got Research Methods first which made me double take when I saw the first question and just stare at my water bottle but yeah, I think it went ok.

Now I'm scared for Biology and Chemistry. Even though they're in June and I have Lit on Wednesday. I feel like I'm going to flop Lit just because I feel a bit like 'it's literature, I don't need to revise it that much' which of course means I'll be underprepared so I'm going to start reading P+P again tomorrow and see what happens. I'm scared about the poetry. It's closed book so I have to know quotes and *screams* I'm watching Come Dine With Me and some woman is murdering I Dreamed a Dream.
Sorry, that was a little random. But Biology and Chemistry are the biggies that I'm going to fail amazingly. With Psych and English Lit I've kind of understood it the whole year but I've been asleep for most of Biology and I hate Chemistry so I haven't taken anything in so I won't be revising for it, I'll be learning the stuff! I have no hope for getting anything better than a E in Chemistry and I'll get a D in Bio if I'm lucky. I do need As and I don't think it's very realistic... but it would be hilariously funny to get an A and gloat to my Chemistry teacher (who basically told me I'm going to fail)

Oops, sorry for the exam rant...
Saber, how are you?
Glad to hear it went ok. Try not to worry about the next few, just remember you managed this one you can manage them too. :hugs: Good luck. Isn't chemistry like the hardest A level you can do? That's what I've heard about it. :afraid:

I'm just watching come dine with me now too, thinking how good her sherry trifle looks - I love sherry :o:
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
sherry trifle is definitely what I need right now. I love the spongey bit :drool:
diamonddust
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Glad to hear it went ok. Try not to worry about the next few, just remember you managed this one you can manage them too. :hugs: Good luck. Isn't chemistry like the hardest A level you can do? That's what I've heard about it. :afraid:

I'm just watching come dine with me now too, thinking how good her sherry trifle looks - I love sherry :o:
Thank youuuu!
And it's supposed to be, at least that's what I tell myself so I don't feel stupid for getting E grades! Actually that's what annoys me, even when I revise for it I still get Es or Us. My Chemistry teacher was actually smiling when he handed me my mock results way back in Janurary because I'd managed to get....wait for it.... a D.

I hate it! It's evil! It doesn't help that the questions are phrased so confusingly, though that's worse in Biology.
I like Biology a lot more than I like Chemistry and I'm failing that just as badly. But at least Biology is an erratic kind of failure, like I can get an A one day and an E the next but Chemistry is constant like: U. U. U. U. U. E! (yes!). U. It's so bad that I actually get happy when I get anything that isn't a U. Chemistry, A levels in general actually, have made me used to failure. There's no such thing as dignity when it comes to A levels I think.
It's just funny, like my college is filled with annoying academic people (okay, not everyone but quite a few) who got like 14 A*s at GCSE and all want to go to Oxbridge and I'm cruising along with my mediocre GCSEs and Biology and Chem teachers who think I'm the most stupid person ever because I'm failing and my form tutor person saying things like 'Oh you're doing rather well in English Literature and Psychology. But they are EASIER than Biology and Chemistry.' and me thinking 'STFU! I'll give you Psychology but English Lit requires just as much work!' :rant:
I might go do some Chemistry after Come Dine With Me. I do love that show lol

And that whole dinner party with sherry trifle woman was surreal! I mean I love my musicals but singing 'I Could Have Danced All Night' took it too far! Too far! :p: It only works if you're Julie Andrews or if you're joke singing, if you're doing it seriously it's like... :|

The woman is adorable though, I want her to be my grandma!
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I feel so down in the evenings, in the days I just feel so drugged up by evening I'm tired and always suicidal. What's the point in living like this?
special1ne
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Want to talk about it/expand on it Sabertooth? :consoles:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.37%
No - but I will (17)
5.4%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (154)
48.89%

Watched Threads