Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Is that like one of the places where the queue is so long/the staff serve so slowly that you only end up getting like £10 quids worth of drinks during the night anyway?
    Nope The staff there were really efficient. There was no need to push through the crowd or anything. And people actually collect their drinks and head back to the tables instead of hogging up the bar areas.

ReputationRep:
    I swear my brain is dying. I can't seem to learn anything anymore. The lecturer will say a sentence with a keyword in it and 20 seconds later I can't remember the key word but feel like I should like its all cloudy or something. I used to find stuff easy to take in now I'm struggling to even remember basic facts.

I should probably get more sleep.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    Nope The staff there were really efficient. There was no need to push through the crowd or anything. And people actually collect their drinks and head back to the tables instead of hogging up the bar areas.
    That's pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    I swear my brain is dying. I can't seem to learn anything anymore. The lecturer will say a sentence with a keyword in it and 20 seconds later I can't remember the key word but feel like I should like its all cloudy or something. I used to find stuff easy to take in now I'm struggling to even remember basic facts.

I have this.
    I was unable to recall the GCS earlier. I had a mental block at what M5 score meant
    Early night tonight I feel.

ReputationRep:
    So, a week till my exam. Still have about 500 bacteria and their respective antiobiotics to learn, GI system, and immunology to do. Aswel as revising all of last years content. I just love medical school...

ReputationRep:
    Somehow I'm not sure surgery is for me - I dropped a bottlecap in the toaster the other day and it took me the best part of an hour to get it out!

Although for all those interested I thought this video was pretty good (and the whit are known for their infection control I think).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)

You're not the only one. I definitely feel like my capacity to take in new things has declined over the last two years. My suspicion is that it does have a lot to do with sleep...

ReputationRep:
    One minute your up, next minute your right back down again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairy spangles)
    One minute your up, next minute your right back down again!
    ...that's what she said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    ...that's what she said.
    Hard lines. Try some sildenafil?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    Hard lines. Try some sildenafil?
    Or lay off the booze

ReputationRep:
    Had one of those awkward situations where there was a sickie (desaturating SIRS-y post op appendiceal perf) on the ward and I was the only one on the ward...frantically trying to raise the HO and doing some basic stuff for the patient!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Why does nowhere describe the effects of high/low sodium/potassium/calcium on the heart clearly. And why does everywhere give different explanations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Why does nowhere describe the effects of high/low sodium/potassium/calcium on the heart clearly. And why does everywhere give different explanations.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21660912
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I would have no idea how to search for an article like that, you're a lifesaver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Thank you. I would have no idea how to search for an article like that, you're a lifesaver.
    No probs
    • PS Helper

Today marks hitting the official half way point of Medicine :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    Today marks hitting the official half way point of Medicine :woo:

Half way ball at some point?
    • PS Helper

(Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    Half way ball at some point?
    Dinner/evening next friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    Dinner/evening next friday
    Woop well done

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.