Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    I wouldn't panic too much until the window shuts. Ultimately you still have time to bring in a couple of players, and limp through this bad period. To put it into perspective, if you had won today, I don't think the reaction would be the same. I would think the injury crisis will be more or less over by mid sept, between then you have the Fenerbahce games which Kos will be able to play in, Fulham and Spurs. I would expect to see a CB come in, 3 is not enough for a season realistically, and I would think you will bring in 1 or 2 players on top of that. If you play well then you can beat Fulham, and Arsenal-Spurs is a bit like United-Liverpool form kind of become irrelevant both teams tend to raise their game. Its not a good start to the season, and almost predictable but I think its recoverable.
    Pretty much, if there is anything you can trust Wenger to recover.
    They will make a push for 4th even though personally I don't think they will make it this year. Unless they make substantial improvements in the next two weeks I'm thinking 5th/6th between LFC and AFC. But the good thing is they have their wake up call and have 2 weeks to stable the 'ship'.

ReputationRep:
    No one is coming.

Just expect a french import from ligue 2 or if things go VERY bad a £10m squad signing.

I've been saying it since the start of the window that Higuain isn't coming, Caesar isn't coming, rooney isn't coming, suarez isn't coming, Fellaini isn't coming, Guastavo isn't coming.

No even world class striker left in the market now.

ONE ARSENE WENGER, THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER.

ReputationRep:
    Its a real dilemma if you think about it. With Vermalaen, Diaby, Monreal and Arteta out for short to medium term before the game, Wenger must have been thinking that they will all recover by the end of 2-3 months by which time the squad would look huge especially if he went out and bought a 4th CB, DM, keeper and a CF. It would probably mean that a very good player like Vermalean would have to be benched for a lot of matches- kind of like the end of last season. So I can sort of see why Wenger waited so long to buy. Its not an excuse though and I definitely think we needed a 4th CB and a solid striker even before this game.

This game did make it clear though that Wenger has to start being more ruthless with the players and buy all the quality he can because a lot injuries and suspensions will happen throughout the season and if they dont happen then certain players will have to be dropped..those not performing at the minimum level.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not an Arsenal fan but I really feel for you guys (not just because you lost today). To have a squad with that many injuries especially for a top club is just unheard of. Every time someone went down I instantly just thought here we go again another one down. And then Wenger not saying anything too convincing about signings to at least give hope to the fans is disappointing to say the least.

But no doubt he'll sign players obviously he's not gonna come and say that he's gonna buy this, this and that player is he now? Maybe 3 signings and possibly 1/2 before the Champions League qualifier.

ReputationRep:
    Felt sorry for Rosicky today.

The only good player on that pitch today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    I'm not an Arsenal fan but I really feel for you guys (not just because you lost today). To have a squad with that many injuries especially for a top club is just unheard of. Every time someone went down I instantly just thought here we go again another one down. And then Wenger not saying anything too convincing about signings to at least give hope to the fans is disappointing to say the least.

But no doubt he'll sign players obviously he's not gonna come and say that he's gonna buy this, this and that player is he now? Maybe 3 signings and possibly 1/2 before the Champions League qualifier.
    I don't think anyone doubt we're gonna sign but it's not gonna be the quality we need.

What's the point off loading all the dead wood to fill it up even more dead wood? We had so many chances to sign quality we let it get out of our hands. £30m for Higuain was exactly the sort of signing we needed yet we probably dwindled our fingers and ket him go to Napoli because Lord Wenger didn't rate him that high.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    No one is coming.

Just expect a french import from ligue 2 or if things go VERY bad a £10m squad signing.

I've been saying it since the start of the window that Higuain isn't coming, Caesar isn't coming, rooney isn't coming, suarez isn't coming, Fellaini isn't coming, Guastavo isn't coming.

No even world class striker left in the market now.

ONE ARSENE WENGER, THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER.
    :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Felt sorry for Rosicky today.

The only good player on that pitch today.
    His performance has gotten lost amongst everything else. Top drawer player

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone doubt we're gonna sign but it's not gonna be the quality we need.

What's the point off loading all the dead wood to fill it up even more dead wood? We had so many chances to sign quality we let it get out of our hands. £30m for Higuain was exactly the sort of signing we needed yet we probably dwindled our fingers and ket him go to Napoli because Lord Wenger didn't rate him that high.
    Well Wenger's said he's looking to buy quality players over the quantity and since he has let go of so many 'dead wood' players I don't think he'll buy anymore. I think its more of a question of whether Wenger is willing to pay over the odds to buy the quality he is talking about. If he put in a bid of £50-£55 million for Suarez do you think Liverpool will be able to reject such a bid? I don't think they would. So yeah I agree with you that Wenger needs to look at the team first and the price second. You're a club that is financially stable so there would be no problem in paying over the odds for these quality players cause eventually they'll repay the club themselves with stellar performances and shirt sales etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Well Wenger's said he's looking to buy quality players over the quantity and since he has let go of so many 'dead wood' players I don't think he'll buy anymore. I think its more of a question of whether Wenger is willing to pay over the odds to buy the quality he is talking about. If he put in a bid of £50-£55 million for Suarez do you think Liverpool will be able to reject such a bid? I don't think they would. So yeah I agree with you that Wenger needs to look at the team first and the price second. You're a club that is financially stable so there would be no problem in paying over the odds for these quality players cause eventually they'll repay the club themselves with stellar performances and shirt sales etc.
    That's the problem: everyone knows the board and Wenger won't take that risk. Besides which quality player is actually available now? Suarez is staying at Liverpool now, alk the chances are gone now, a few may open but it's unlikely at this point.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    A very angry Arsenal fan speaking the truth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gSFEaI4HdA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

This fella is bang on the money. Nothing but the truth
    good lad

ReputationRep:
    His performance has gotten lost amongst everything else. Top drawer player
    If he could have stayed fit for a whole season we would definitely have won a trophy, possibly the pl, imagine nasri rosicky fabregas van persie
    If he didn't have all those niggling injuries I think he'd be on par with kaka at his peak. That's how much I rate this guy!
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    If he could have stayed fit for a whole season we would definitely have won a trophy, possibly the pl, imagine nasri rosicky fabregas van persie
    If he didn't have all those niggling injuries I think he'd be on par with kaka at his peak. That's how much I rate this guy!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    BVB smashed the Bundesliga transfer record for him at 18, nuff said about his ability. so so inteligent in how he moves the ball and in his spacial awareness, makes it look easy. Even Cesc said once he was the best midfielder hed ever played with IIRC.

ReputationRep:
    Rosicky is undoubtedly a quality player. I always felt it was his injury that stopped us winning the league in 08, more than Eduardo's.

On a negative note, seen some horrible rumours that Chambo has done his ligaments and is gonna be out for 3 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    good lad
    deep

ReputationRep:
    what are you saying Shearer? seriously man

ReputationRep:
    tbf looking at it again it was a pen and kosc pulled the guys shirt when he went in the challenge to weimann the ref got that spot on tbh

ReputationRep:
    what are you saying Shearer? seriously man
    He's a world class ******* **** ***** ******* ****

ReputationRep:
    Certainly wouldn't be against buying that Weimann at Villa. Him and Agbonlahor caused us problems all day and with Weimanns young age and direct-ness could be just what we need as a creative wide player!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.