You two have dirty minds .
You provoked it!
physicsmaths
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Protoxylic)
Yeah, I always wish for harder papers. Make it less boring and you get a larger buffer for mistakes. There is a limit to how 'hard' they can make the papers and it seems this year the way they're doing it is in the wording of the question.
Yh I like hard papers aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
kawehi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
AQA Physics also has stupidly low grade boundaries, last year I think you needed 51/75 for the nominal A* in Phys5D and I think 56 for full UMS although I may be wrong. Even Phys4 which is the fields and mechanics section for AQA has low boundaries, 61/75 for the nominal A* last year iirc.
It's just so crazy though! The grade boundary for an A on the G482 paper was only 64/100 marks.. I don't get how you can drop nearly 40 marks and still be awarded the 'highest' grade, but I guess it's good for us!
BioStudentx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You provoked it!
So you're second year? Do you have an offer?
samb1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah, I always wish for harder papers. Make it less boring and you get a larger buffer for mistakes. There is a limit to how 'hard' they can make the papers and it seems this year the way they're doing it is in the wording of the question.
I think it was pretty useful in that test to have done physics questions not on our spec. Our teachers often give us tests with questions from other exam boards and I also did the physics challenge which I think helped quite a lot as I don't think I was affected by the different styles of question as much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Protoxylic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BioStudentx)
So you're second year? Do you have an offer?
Yes and yes
BioStudentx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes and yes
Omg what for and which college (soz if you've said these before but there's no way I'm scrolling back tbh).
Protoxylic
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by samb1234)
I think it was pretty useful in that test to have done physics questions not on our spec. Our teachers often give us tests with questions from other exam boards and I also did the physics challenge which I think helped quite a lot as I don't think I was affected by the different styles of question as much

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also do cross-spec practice. Just to not get too used to AQA wording, pretty effective way of revision if I'm honest.
Protoxylic
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Omg what for and which college (soz if you've said these before but there's no way I'm scrolling back tbh).
NatSci(Physical) at Gonville and Caius. Haha, tbh I wouldn't have bothered scrolling back either lol.
C0balt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You two have dirty minds .
Hey I didn't say anything!?
Besides, you were the main offender with the emoticon
C0balt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was actually quite happy with the paper in some ways as although it was harder than normal that is good for me as it reduces how hard I get punished for making stupid mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hard and weird aren't quite the same though, I appreciate the former especially for maths, but the unit 1 was rather the latter tbh
BioStudentx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
NatSci(Physical) at Gonville and Caius. Haha, tbh I wouldn't be bothered scrolling back lol.
Do you think you'll meet your offer? Also what were your UMS scores?
Serine Soul
Badges: 18
Report 3 years ago
Well that was an awful Biology Unit 2 paper! It's no wonder that it was 64/85 for full UMS. Why do AQA do this?
Wawasan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 10101010)
What would you say are the least competitive colleges for cambridge economics? And what would you say are the most competitive?
Yeah my guess is that they're all equally competitive thanks to the pooling system. Different colleges do however have different entry requirements.
Protoxylic
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you think you'll meet your offer? Also what were your UMS scores?
UMS scores on my profile. Yeah I think I will, I'm aiming for A*s across the board, at A2 getting UMS is much easier than at AS tbh.
samb1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by C0balt)
Hard and weird aren't quite the same though, I appreciate the former especially for maths, but the unit 1 was rather the latter tbh
I wouldn't really say there was anything that weird in it either. The potato thing may have seemed strange but it wouldn't have changed the question at all if it had just been a battery pack or a cell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wawasan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
UMS scores on my profile. Yeah I think I will, I'm aiming for A*s across the board, at A2 getting UMS is much easier than at AS tbh.
Some offer holders, or so I have read, say that they find that meeting the offer is less stressful than Year 12 in the sense that while they are under pressure to achieve a certain number of A*s, they don't feel under as much pressure to achieve close to 100% in most modules. Any thoughts?
C0balt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I wouldn't really say there was anything that weird in it either. The potato thing may have seemed strange but it wouldn't have changed the question at all if it had just been a battery pack or a cell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Potato is a big thing as a joke now rather than the main problem. I didn't find any question particularly weird but when I did the paper there was a grain of uncomfortableness and unfamiliarity if you know what I mean lol
BioStudentx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That is a disgusting profile. You should be very proud.
kawehi
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
NatSci(Physical) at Gonville and Caius. Haha, tbh I wouldn't have bothered scrolling back either lol.
What made you pick Caius? (If you don't mind me asking haha)
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.6%
No (440)
60.61%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.8%

Watched Threads