Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Nice little rejection from Keble.. Good luck everyone, I can't express my envy enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KKeyser1)
    Not St John's, but just got an interview for French and ab initio Russian at Trinity! you're literally the first person I've seen for this course haha
    St. John's French and ab initio Portuguese!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by se123888)
    Nice little rejection from Keble.. Good luck everyone, I can't express my envy enough
    Very sorry I'm sure you will be very happy with your final choice though
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    I'm required to be in Oxford from Wednesday 9th - Friday 11th next week, but because I have to be there early on Wednesday I put on my feedback form that I'll be arriving on Tuesday and my college has said they will provide accommodation. But I'm not really sure what to do - do I just turn up at the college on Tuesday or will they send more info?
    They didn't send any more info? Reply to them and ask if there's a specific time you should arrive.

(Original post by Ecconomist)
    Can someone suggest how you'd go about answering something like: 'What did you not enjoy studying in A-Level _____?'I have an interview to read Economics and Management and noticed that in 2012 an applicant had this exact question and I just think it would stump me. Like surely it wouldn't reflect well if you said you found ___ difficult or boring??
    I'd just give an honest answer but please don't get hung up on this question, it does not sound like a typical interview question and they're probably not going to ask you that. They're going to be much more interested in the academic part of the interview, even in the unlikely event that they asked you this I really don't think they'd care so much about your response unless it was something ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingram123)
    On the keble site is says interview letters for physics have been posted, but I haven't heard about an interview or rejection yet but I applied for physics at Keble, does anyone know if Keble give out their invitations to interview by post solely, or if they email as well?
    Thanks
    They only sent the letters out today so it might be tomorrow or Wednesday you receive it. I'm waiting to hear from them for maths!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by athina.k)
    rejected from Worcester for E&M!
    depress (guess who) <3

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to be at Mansfield between 7th-9th December? Really excited / terrified aha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uke_Kate)
    They only sent the letters out today so it might be tomorrow or Wednesday you receive it. I'm waiting to hear from them for maths!
    It does say on the acknowledgement email I received in October that I would be contacted by email regarding an interview, is this not always true?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got interview invitation from St Hugh's E&M? I haven't seen anybody discuss about it yet.

Is that mean no one applying the same cause and collage with me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingram123)
    It does say on the acknowledgement email I received in October that I would be contacted by email regarding an interview, is this not always true?
    Thanks
    Are you an international applicant? If not it seems everyone to be getting letters, it is just the way Keble are doing it

ReputationRep:
    My Uber smart friend just got an interview at Worcester for Maths. So tense for Phys!

ReputationRep:
    I know I will get information back about my application but does anyone advise/ not advise emailing the college and/or institute I have been rejected from to ask for a reconsider of application?

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or are there an awful lot of St Hugh's applicants this year? Honestly didn't think I'd see as many as I have in this thread.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by se123888)
    I know I will get information back about my application but does anyone advise/ not advise emailing the college and/or institute I have been rejected from to ask for a reconsider of application?
    Well the worst they can do is say "No" but I really don't think there's any point because I've never heard of anyone being reconsidered unless there was a pretty obvious mistake somewhere. So no, I wouldn't advise you to email them about that now. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Jesus College for Geography!

ReputationRep:
    Interview at St Annes for English and Modern Languages (French)- so pleased! But also nervous now that it has actually become a reality...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anomalouse)
    Me>
    What did you apply for? I applied for physics btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugheshallettj)
    Im applying to do physics at worcester and havent heard back yet. Has anyone heard from worcester or physics
    They physicists here at worcester are lovely! They'd be your college grandparents when you arrive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superdarklord)
    I'm there for three days because of Economics and Management, I know we get two interviews, one Econ and one Management but are we likely to have more than those two? Also, if another college wants to see us would we have already been told in the email?
    Are you sure it is Econ and management each? I heard from others said two different colleges each?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    x
    I've been invited to interview and I have to tell them what time I am planning on arriving, and am told "Please note that interviews may have been arranged for you on the basis of the arrival time that you haveentered on the on-line form, which may be earlier than the times indicated in the letter enclosed here."

As i've been told to arrive by 5pm on a Sunday until Wednesday, what would be a good time to turn up as I'd rather not have an interview on the Sunday if possible (i.e I'd like to settle in a bit)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.