The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
AKP Minoriry possibly. They only need 20 seats for a majority (roughly)
They'll need some luck to pass much seeing as the other three parties seem to hate their guts.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
They'll need some luck to pass much seeing as the other three parties seem to hate their guts.
True. Honestly can't see how it'll work out. Maybe another election in 6 months or so?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
True. Honestly can't see how it'll work out. Maybe another election in 6 months or so?
Probably.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Two nights of light drinking (of port and rum) and it seems I can't handle my pints so well.
Although I imagine it's more down to the broken diet and excessive exercise over the weekend given I'm just fine normally after a few days at home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Damn
Refused drinks again
Admittedly only the second time this year.

This is what imaginary drinking and alcohol at home is for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Damn
Refused drinks again
Admittedly only the second time this year.

This is what imaginary drinking and alcohol at home is for

Posted from TSR Mobile
LIGHTWEIGHT! LIGHTWEIGHT!

We've got a LIGHTWEIGHT!
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
LIGHTWEIGHT! LIGHTWEIGHT!

We've got a LIGHTWEIGHT!
To be fair, 6 pints and 6 cocktails along with not much to eat since Thursday (and dehydration mostof the weekend )

Actually, inclined to say either 7 or 8 pints

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
To be fair, 6 pints and 6 cocktails along with not much to eat since Thursday (and dehydration mostof the weekend )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Grow a pair and get hard, man! There's no way you could do a MHoC meet with that poor tolerance... *sigh*
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Grow a pair and get hard, man! There's no way you could do a MHoC meet with that poor tolerance... *sigh*
Eh, day of my last exam 17 pints and felt nothing

Supposing the meet goes ahead I should be back to full strength

Do you have a Hagueathon medal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
GOTS spoilers

Gonna be controversial here. From a utilitarian perspective, Stannis killing his daughter was the correct decision. Arguably, the fact that it was his daughter makes it more selfless. He wanted to kill Gendry and no one blinked an eye, people are just being hypocrites.
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingStannis)
GOTS spoilers

Spoiler:
Show
Gonna be controversial here. From a utilitarian perspective, Stannis killing his daughter was the correct decision. Arguably, the fact that it was his daughter makes it more selfless. He wanted to kill Gendry and no one blinked an eye, people are just being hypocrites
Use a spoiler tag!
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
GOTS spoilers

Gonna be controversial here. From a utilitarian perspective, Stannis killing his daughter was the correct decision. Arguably, the fact that it was his daughter makes it more selfless. He wanted to kill Gendry and no one blinked an eye, people are just being hypocrites.
A worthy king/dictator requires both strength and compassion. If you can kill your daughter, then your not a king i'd ever bend the knee to and you'll likely end up a tyrant.
KingStannis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)
Use a spoiler tag!
Yeah well this is the up to date episode, a day after original release, and streams are easy to find.
KingStannis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
A worthy king/dictator requires both strength and compassion. If you can kill your daughter, then your not a king i'd ever bend the knee to and you'll likely end up a tyrant.
Tell me, is killing your daughter to save the lives of the many worse than passively letting your daughter die along with the many?
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Tell me, is killing your daughter to save the lives of the many worse than passively letting your daughter die along with the many?
Yes, much worse.

The whole 'the needs of the many outweigh outweigh the needs of the few' does not extend to self sacrifice or sacrificing those you should have an emotional attachment to.
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lel. So it's all fine when God sacrifices his child for the greater good, but not Stannis... :rolleyes:

#StannisIsTheMannis
KingStannis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Yes, much worse.

The whole 'the needs of the many outweigh outweigh the needs of the few' does not extend to self sacrifice or sacrificing those you should have an emotional attachment to.
I honestly don't see why some chemical reactions going on in your chest should mean you let tens of thousands of men die. That is the epitome selfishness; sacraficing all for immaterial gain.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
Yeah well this is the up to date episode, a day after original release, and streams are easy to find.
I haven't seen it yet and you've ruined it so thank you. 😡😡😡
KingStannis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
I haven't seen it yet and you've ruined it so thank you. 😡😡😡
Welcome. Though it was foreshadowed so much it was obvious anyway. And I had a spoiler warning, shouldn't have risked it man.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
Welcome. Though it was foreshadowed so much it was obvious anyway. And I had a spoiler warning, shouldn't have risked it man.
Use tags, how is that hard?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.82%
No I haven't decided yet (41)
20.6%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.57%

Watched Threads