The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
I didn't think it worked like that - I thought that if the winner of the EL finishes outside the top 4, they get an "extra" place for their country?
Only 4 places up for grabs so if a team finishes outside but wins the Europa then they take the final spot, like Chelsea did to Spurs (iirc)

Edit: They changed the rules so a maximum of 5 can enter now. My bad.
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
I didn't think it worked like that - I thought that if the winner of the EL finishes outside the top 4, they get an "extra" place for their country?
They do. If an English side had won either tournament there'd be five places, so if Liverpool win its leicester, Spurs, arsenal, one of the manchesters and Liverpool. It's if there were english wins in both CL and EL finishing outside the top four that fourth wouldn't get in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rk2k14)
Only 4 places up for grabs so if a team finishes outside but wins the Europa then they take the final spot, like Chelsea did to Spurs (iirc)
Yeah I thought that'd changed since Chelsea rekt Spurs though?
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Yeah I thought that'd changed since Chelsea rekt Spurs though?
Made a mistake (see previous post)
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Made a mistake (see previous post)
U fool

We can all live happily in the CL next season
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
U fool

We can all live happily in the CL next season
Scenes when we both don't get it.
Lulz
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Scenes when we both don't get it.
Lulz
To be honest anything is better than the teams we had in this season (bar City).

Everybody would be bricking it against Leicester.
Spurs can play terrific football when they feel like it.
Liverpool under Klopp look like they're gone be amazing.
United just seem to get the result regardless of how they perform.

Arsenal are an embarrassment every season.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
To be honest anything is better than the teams we had in this season (bar City).

Everybody would be bricking it against Leicester.
Spurs can play terrific football when they feel like it.
Liverpool under Klopp look like they're gone be amazing.
United just seem to get the result regardless of how they perform.

Arsenal are an embarrassment every season.
Leicester would be an unknown quantity for just about everyone, like Spurs were a few years ago. The CL regulars will know all about Arsenal, United, City but most of them wouldn't be able to even spell Leicester or point to it on a map.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Leicester would be an unknown quantity for just about everyone, like Spurs were a few years ago. The CL regulars will know all about Arsenal, United, City but most of them wouldn't be able to even spell Leicester or point to it on a map.
They all know who Vardy is. Madman.
leinad2012
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol at people thinking Pool Spurs or Leicester will get past the group stages in next years champions league...
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Of course people will know Leicester after this season. They would have been following the situation and obviously looking at Mahrez and Vardy.

(Original post by leinad2012)
Lol at people thinking Pool Spurs or Leicester will get past the group stages in next years champions league...
This will bang if Arsenal don't get past group stages and they do
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Of course people will know Leicester after this season. They would have been following the situation and obviously looking at Mahrez and Vardy.

This will bang if Arsenal don't get past group stages and they do
Arsenal not getting past group stages? Banter fam. If Arsenal was a stock people would love it, 0% yearly variation.

Sad fact is Leicester will more than likely finishs their 1st cl game with 9 men after Morgan gives away 3 pens for pulling in the box and gets sent off and Vardy gets a red for calling the ref a "****ing jap". The continent can't handle Leicester
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Leicester and Spurs definitely will. They have the #2 and #3 best centre forward in world football.

Leicester also have a top 5 in the world player
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Most of the USA knows who Leicester are and they ****ing hate football. No one on the continent will take them lightly
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Leicester and Spurs definitely will. They have #2 and #3 best centre forward in world football.
It's actually tragic that the average English football fan thinks this. No they aren't ffs
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's actually tragic that the average English football fan thinks this. No they aren't ffs
I guarantee you they are. You'll see in the Euros that Kane and Vardy can't be touched.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Subtle jab at Liverpool by omitting entirely...
Klopp at Liverpool >>>

People will know about Leicester but they won't have played against them so the fear factor will sill be there. It's the same way that even by Christmas people were aware of how good Leicester can be, yet nobody managed to stop them.
samiz20891
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Subtle jab at Liverpool by omitting entirely...
Klopp at Liverpool >>>

People will know about Leicester but they won't have played against them so the fear factor will sill be there. It's the same way that even by Christmas people were aware of how good Leicester can be, yet nobody managed to stop them.
I just find it cynical that barca and psg have both gone for Leicester for the pre season, just to get a better idea of them imo. Would love to see players like James, Chowdry, chilwell against barca though.
I like to see who they sign as they need to get the balance right imo, as the team spirit at the moment must be sky-high and cannot be diminished with a star player. However, the depth of quality isn't great at all, especially in defence in particular.
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
I guarantee you they are. You'll see in the Euros that Kane and Vardy can't be touched.
Ok mate😂
swirly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Most of the USA knows who Leicester are and they ****ing hate football. No one on the continent will take them lightly
They think Leicester won the UEFA cup ffs
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (49)
18.77%
Labour (106)
40.61%
Liberal Democrats (53)
20.31%
Green Party (16)
6.13%
Brexit Party (7)
2.68%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.53%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.92%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)