Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PARM1)
    nope, i got B's in lang and lit, and i fear that's something that is going to be holding me back =(. I have never been good at English, i even did language 3 times and i still couldn't get an A...
    I got an A in spanish and 2 in ICT, as well as B's in english lang, lit and PE =(

Thats still really good, is your ICT a gcse?
    What mark did you get in Spanish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Thats still really good, is your ICT a gcse?
    What mark did you get in Spanish?
    In Spanish i got 252 ums in total (unit 1: 52a, unit 2: 60a*, unit 3: 72a, unit 4: 68b) and im not too sure about ICT. In think it may of been BTEC as there were no exams and it was all essays and so on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PARM1)
    In Spanish i got 252 ums in total (unit 1: 52a, unit 2: 60a*, unit 3: 72a, unit 4: 68b) and im not too sure about ICT. In think it may of been BTEC as there were no exams and it was all essays and so on.
    I would remark the unit 3 and 4. It's worth a shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    I would remark the unit 3 and 4. It's worth a shot.
    Alright, but do u think it will be too late if i ask my spanish teacher when i go back to school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PARM1)
    Alright, but do u think it will be too late if i ask my spanish teacher when i go back to school?
    No the deadline is like 20th September, I think:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Guys i have 28 exams in june 2014 and i want to do well but i have no idea where and how to start! Please help!:s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susy123)
    Guys i have 28 exams in june 2014 and i want to do well but i have no idea where and how to start! Please help!:s
    Are you just going into year 11 now, or do you mean A-levels?

ReputationRep:
    i know this is random but can anyone tell me what is the best source for maths revision other than mathswatch, i have the exam in november so im kind of planning my revision now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bit late, just got back from Reading yesterday, but got 13 A*s, so pleased

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yahya10123)
    i know this is random but can anyone tell me what is the best source for maths revision other than mathswatch, i have the exam in november so im kind of planning my revision now
    I would buy a book and make notes - I found the CGP guides good and they're cheap too. I think most people find it easier to learn by making notes (most that I know anyway).

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question about remarks - I was 3 UMS off of an A* in Geography and have been advised to get a remark - should I choose the paper that I got the lowest mark in to be remarked? Or do people get both papers remarked?

The thing is that I felt I did better in both of the papers, so neither stands out as the obvious choice to me. What do people do in this situation?

ReputationRep:
    Would young enterprise be a good enrichment choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mlemmy)
    Just a quick question about remarks - I was 3 UMS off of an A* in Geography and have been advised to get a remark - should I choose the paper that I got the lowest mark in to be remarked? Or do people get both papers remarked?

The thing is that I felt I did better in both of the papers, so neither stands out as the obvious choice to me. What do people do in this situation?
    Which one had more essay-style questions? Because essay-based exams are quite subjective, so your mark depends a lot more on the examiner, so you have more of a chance of your mark changing. Did you feel surprised with how low either of the marks were? If so, send that one for a remark, because it's possible the examiner missed something. But if it's fairly equal, then it doesn't matter too much - you could send either or both to be remarked.

ReputationRep:
    Welp, got my results.

2 A*s, 8 As and 1 B. Also got into Newstead Wood. I'm so happeh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiecat)
    Are you just going into year 11 now, or do you mean A-levels?
    I mean GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    I mean GCSEs
    Write a list of your subjects, then break them down Eg. Math > unit 1> percentages > bulletpoints on different examples/methods/definitions

It'll be a Damn long list but it'll have everything you need, no rubbish that teachers overload with you, just the facts, memorize them and you'll be fine. You should be able to get the appropriate subject summary from your teachers if you don't know them already or don't have it in a revision guide. There isn't actually that much to learn at GCSE except you have to know all of it perfectly letter by letter, I didn't do that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glitch96)
    Write a list of your subjects, then break them down Eg. Math > unit 1> percentages > bulletpoints on different examples/methods/definitions

It'll be a Damn long list but it'll have everything you need, no rubbish that teachers overload with you, just the facts, memorize them and you'll be fine. You should be able to get the appropriate subject summary from your teachers if you don't know them already or don't have it in a revision guide. There isn't actually that much to learn at GCSE except you have to know all of it perfectly letter by letter, I didn't do that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! I am so terrified, it gives me shivers just thinking about the exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VibraGenesis)
    Welp, got my results.

2 A*s, 8 As and 1 B. Also got into Newstead Wood. I'm so happeh
    WOW!! That's brill!

ReputationRep:
    Find suitable information and revision material for each exam, make a schedule and start revising

ReputationRep:
    What A level subjects and why have you got so many :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.