Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eh13)
    Certainly wouldn't be against buying that Weimann at Villa. Him and Agbonlahor caused us problems all day and with Weimanns young age and direct-ness could be just what we need as a creative wide player!
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Lol
    Something interesting to reply to that will contribute to debate here no?

ReputationRep:
    Seems like the ref got it spot on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eh13)
    Something interesting to reply to that will contribute to debate here no?
    From suares to weimann :lol: I don't think you'll get him tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    That's the problem: everyone knows the board and Wenger won't take that risk. Besides which quality player is actually available now? Suarez is staying at Liverpool now, alk the chances are gone now, a few may open but it's unlikely at this point.
    I'm not sure which position you actually need filling but the following will/can add quality to any team:

Goalkeeper: Cesar
    Left back: Coentrao
    Centre backs: Sakho, Hummels

Midfielders: Kondogbia, Gundogan, Bender, Barry, Lamela, Willian

I'm sure theres others as well but these are the ones I've heard of personally. And I think a lot of people have already discussed the striker options available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    I'm not sure which position you actually need filling but the following will/can add quality to any team:

Left back: Coentrao
    Centre backs: , Hummels

Midfielders: Gundogan, Bender,

I'm sure theres others as well but these are the ones I've heard of personally. And I think a lot of people have already discussed the striker options available.

:rofl: at all the transfers I left on here :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    no real reason we couldnt get Bender tbf, except that Leverkusen have already sold a few.

Mirror says tonight that weve improved our original 19m offer. fingers and toes crossed

ReputationRep:
    lol jam you won't be trolling when Hull beat us tomorrow son

ReputationRep:
    I'd still think if Arsenal really wanted to then they could easily get Coentrao who has asked to leave Real. Bender, Hummels and Gundogan may be the most difficult ones since their clubs aren't willing to sell them although Hummels has said that he would be willing to leave for the right club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    lol jam you won't be trolling when Hull beat us tomorrow son
    Not really trolling tbh just saying the truth keyboard is rubbish so can't use half the keyboard buttons so it looks like I'm trolling
    (Original post by Zürich)
    no real reason we couldnt get Bender tbf, except that Leverkusen have already sold a few.

Mirror says tonight that weve improved our original 19m offer. fingers and toes crossed
    Tbf I thought it was the dortmund one but tbh if wenger isn't being a stingy guy he'd get lars bender. They did get emre tbh but I don't see him doing a toni kroos

ReputationRep:
    I'd still think if Arsenal really wanted to then they could easily get Coentrao who has asked to leave Real. Bender, Hummels and Gundogan may be the most difficult ones since their clubs aren't willing to sell them although Hummels has said that he would be willing to leave for the right club.
    Why would hummels go to a weaker team and why do arsenal need another LB when that's possibly their best position in the team

ReputationRep:
    Not really trolling tbh just saying the truth keyboard is rubbish so can't use half the keyboard buttons so it looks like I'm trolling

Tbf I thought it was the dortmund one but tbh if wenger isn't being a stingy guy he'd get lars bender. They did get emre tbh but I don't see him doing a toni kroos
    Lars>Sven and would be outstanding for us i think. Emre Can is more of a CAM so wouldnt replace Bender but if we steam in early, as in not on the final day, Leverkusen might play ball. at this stage we should be willing to oerpay by a few million. they rejeced 18m but surely 22m would do it.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus, 23 pages in the thread in 10 hours. Cba to read through the inevitable wumming though

ReputationRep:
    Lamela would fit that creative winger vacancy that we need. Roma are not in the CL either and haven't been doing too well in the last couple of seasons, soo...

We were linked for AC's RB - Abate back in July. But then again just bs rumours.

Sakho from PSG as well even though he had a poor season.

I think we should bid 22-25mil for Bender and test Leverkusen's resolve. That's the signings sorted no?

I'm probably being an idiot and waayyy too ambitious thinking we'll go for these players but 'ya never know!'

ReputationRep:
    Should have just paid the £45-50m for Suarez. What on earth happened to that £70m kitty from last season? You just need that one player who can get you results when the rest of the team are playing rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    Why would hummels go to a weaker team and why do arsenal need another LB when that's possibly their best position in the team
    I thought Monreal and Gibbs are injured? I could be wrong though. But Coentrao can play as a left winger as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    Lamela would fit that creative winger vacancy that we need. Roma are not in the CL either and haven't been doing too well in the last couple of seasons, soo...

We were linked for AC's RB - Abate back in July. But then again just bs rumours.

Sakho from PSG as well even though he had a poor season.

I think we should bid 22-25mil for Bender and test Leverkusen's resolve. That's the signings sorted no?

I'm probably being an idiot and waayyy too ambitious thinking we'll go for these players but 'ya never know!'
    dont think these 4 are over-ambitious at all.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Monreal and Gibbs are injured? I could be wrong though. But Coentrao can play as a left winger as well.
    He's not the answer at LW and tbh they need centre backs before full backs and a DM too

ReputationRep:
    I know it might just be a short term solution but what about Berbatov as a striker. Think his got a year left on his contract at Fulham but may end up leaving before the transfer window ends.

ReputationRep:
    No chance of us getting Lars Bender unless we stump up big money tbf. Leverkusen already sold Schurrle and I imagine they'd want to hang on to him for another season at least. We bid £19m for him, I can't see us going much higher and he doesn't strike me as a player that is worth the likes of £30m.

Still baffled as to why Cazorla was brought on. He only came back from Ecuador a few days ago, would have been much better bringing on Podolski. Wenger got it all wrong today but it's by no means a disaster. It's only the first day of the season. Should definitely expect a reaction from the team in Turkey, given the importance of the game. The injuries are a big concern though. If the rumours of Ox out for 3 months are true then that's bitterly disappointing. We'll probably buy 2-3 players, just hope they actually contribute to the team and Wenger doesn't panic buy someone like Santos/Park etc.

On the upside we do have the world's greatest striker, unleash him against Fenerbache :rofl:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.