Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eux)
    I've been invited to interview and I have to tell them what time I am planning on arriving, and am told "Please note that interviews may have been arranged for you on the basis of the arrival time that you haveentered on the on-line form, which may be earlier than the times indicated in the letter enclosed here."

As i've been told to arrive by 5pm on a Sunday until Wednesday, what would be a good time to turn up as I'd rather not have an interview on the Sunday if possible (i.e I'd like to settle in a bit)
    Honestly I don't know, however if you've been told to arrive by 5pm on a Sunday then I'd have thought it would be very unlikely that you'd be interviewed on Sunday because as far as I know, they generally invite people at that time in order to allow an early start the next morning (that's what they did with me, anyway). Obviously I can't give you a cast iron guarantee that you won't be interviewed on Sunday nor can I guess what impact your stated arrival time will have but I would be really surprised if they gave you an interview on the Sunday (since this is exactly what happened to me last year and all our interviews were on Monday and Tuesday).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by africalw)
    Is this for all colleges?
    no,for Exeter only

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smikey10)
    My Uber smart friend just got an interview at Worcester for Maths. So tense for Phys!
    Via email or letter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZYCJASON)
    no,for Exeter only
    What if I've got neither invitation nor rejection? :confused:

I started to panic now...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone at Corpus Christi from 9th-11th? (history btw!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    Is it just me or are there an awful lot of St Hugh's applicants this year? Honestly didn't think I'd see as many as I have in this thread.
    They're probably all coming out of the woodwork because they haven't heard back yet

Btw has anyone heard back from Hugh's for Law/LSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingram123)
    On the keble site is says interview letters for physics have been posted, but I haven't heard about an interview or rejection yet but I applied for physics at Keble, does anyone know if Keble give out their invitations to interview by post solely, or if they email as well?
    Thanks
    I received a letter from Keble which took a day to come, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    They're probably all coming out of the woodwork because they haven't heard back yet

Btw has anyone heard back from Hugh's for Law/LSE?
    lol that's probably why

maybe St Hugh's is sending out letters and the reason no one's heard back yet is because the post service is being super slow
    although a couple of pages back some guy got an interview for biology at St Hugh's so probably not the case at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s920497)
    What if I've got neither invitation nor rejection? :confused:

I started to panic now...
    You will receive the rejection letter in the next few days I mean if u did apply Exeter.

ReputationRep:
    lol that's probably why

maybe St Hugh's is sending out letters and the reason no one's heard back yet is because the post service is being super slow
    although a couple of pages back some guy got an interview for biology at St Hugh's so probably not the case at all
    I read on the Hugh's website that they interview the 'vast majority' of people who apply there, idk whether to take this literally or not, but if it is the case then they obviously have more people to get through (plus they're one of the biggest colleges anyway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s920497)
    What did you apply for? I applied for physics btw.
    English and modern languages, still haven't heard anything back!! But I don't have a lot of hope because if they posted rejection letters, say, today then there's still time for me to get one before Wednesday which is a week before interview...is it just me that finds it a bit strange how they email successful applicants but post rejection letters? Seems like an odd way of going about it

ReputationRep:
    I read on the Hugh's website that they interview the 'vast majority' of people who apply there, idk whether to take this literally or not, but if it is the case then they obviously have more people to get through (plus they're one of the biggest colleges anyway)
    Link? Not that it really applies to me since medicine is done by the department, but it'd be nice to pretend I have a higher chance of an offer anyway

ReputationRep:
    Link? Not that it really applies to me since medicine is done by the department, but it'd be nice to pretend I have a higher chance of an offer anyway
    http://www.st-hughs.ox.ac.uk/study-a...uate/applying/ If you scroll down and click on the bar that says 'What is an interview like?'. The website claims that other colleges interview the majority as well but it's nice of Hugh's to state it explicitly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjlynch)
    I leave on the 9th but I'm in Corpus Christi for English! Best of luck x

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone at Jesus on the 7th/8th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjlynch)
    (Original post by Lilymacky)
    I leave on the 9th but I'm in Corpus Christi for English! Best of luck x
    Yay, other Corpus applicants! I'm from the 8th to the 11th, for Classics

ReputationRep:
    http://www.st-hughs.ox.ac.uk/study-a...uate/applying/ If you scroll down and click on the bar that says 'What is an interview like?'. The website claims that other colleges interview the majority as well but it's nice of Hugh's to state it explicitly
    Oh that's nice, and two questions down they say that Scottish qualifications add strength to the College so if I hadn't applied for medicine, they might have actually liked me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    That's fab! I hope everyone is social when we arrive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    Good luck to the both of you!! We'll probably bump into each other haha! Am I the only one who's super excited?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maella)
    Yes I do what are you applying for? I have been invited for interview on the 8th and may have to stay until the 10th even though English interviews are meant to finish on the 8th... so they could invite you later than you think, don't worry
    I'm down from the 7th till the 10th for English at Corpus Christi!! Which college are you applying to?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.