The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Depleted

Strong meme game is strong :smile:
Original post by Arkasia
I did, and I stand by that. Wanyama is massively underrated by fans, and I think Schneiderlin gets a lot of the praise that should be given to Wanyama.

Also, how does the first point not make it better? "Rather" does not equate to "Let's". If I said "I'd rather get kicked in the nuts once instead of being kicked in them twice", it's different to me dropping my pants and saying "take your best shot".

Arkasia 2-0 AR_95
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest

arkasia vs ar wrestlemania 32?

yh we got taker vs lesnar here

winner gon be like

LP changes her picture..

Boys start waving their internet dicks about in an argument..

Coincidence?
Original post by Arkasia
I did, and I stand by that. Wanyama is massively underrated by fans, and I think Schneiderlin gets a lot of the praise that should be given to Wanyama.

Also, how does the first point not make it better? "Rather" does not equate to "Let's". If I said "I'd rather get kicked in the nuts once instead of being kicked in them twice", it's different to me dropping my pants and saying "take your best shot".

So you'd rather pay £60m for a striker who was 32 at the time and far over the hill compared to the other who's still very much in his prime and has tremendous goal scoring rates (albeit not as of recently)

I don't really know how much you watch Southampton, if at all, but you should realise how poverty Wanyama is as a footballer. Flamini has more to his game ffs but only because one is tall and black with strength manages to look more impressive then the other.
Essentially you're trying too hard lol hence coming out with such statements to look unique. What happened to that post about ISIS or something

Original post by fallen_acorns
LP changes her picture..

Coincidence?

brb tries to call me out because he thinks more people disagreeing with him is an indication of quality of post

Bantah
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Assassin
yh we got taker vs lesnar here

winner gon be like

More like Cena vs Heath slater
AR_95

So you'd rather pay £60m for a striker who was 32 at the time and far over the hill compared to the other who's still very much in his prime and has tremendous goal scoring rates (albeit not as of recently)

I don't really know how much you watch Southampton, if at all, but you should realise how poverty Wanyama is as a footballer. Flamini has more to his game ffs but only because one is tall and black with strength manages to look more impressive then the other.

I am not, and have not, advocated buying either, but yes, I would rather buy a 32 year old who, at his best, was one of the top strikers in world football, and who still managed to score 17 in 21 this season, rather than one who, 'in his prime', has managed 12 in 30.

The fact you claim Wanyama is 'poverty' and think Flamini is better suggests you haven't actually watched Southampton much, or you are too busy jerking it to Schneiderlin that you fail to see Wanyama's contribution, much like how people focusing on Ramsey can sometimes think Coquelin is anonymous in a game. Also, Flamini is 31, Wanyama is 23, so let's use your own 'age' argument here - Wanyama is about to enter his 'prime' as you suggest, and is already rated as part of one of the best midfield duos in the PL.
Original post by Arkasia
I am not, and have not, advocated buying either, but yes, I would rather buy a 32 year old who, at his best, was one of the top strikers in world football, and who still managed to score 17 in 21 this season, rather than one who, 'in his prime', has managed 12 in 30.

The fact you claim Wanyama is 'poverty' and think Flamini is better suggests you haven't actually watched Southampton much, or you are too busy jerking it to Schneiderlin that you fail to see Wanyama's contribution, much like how people focusing on Ramsey can sometimes think Coquelin is anonymous in a game. Also, Flamini is 31, Wanyama is 23, so let's use your own 'age' argument here - Wanyama is about to enter his 'prime' as you suggest, and is already rated as part of one of the best midfield duos in the PL.

:rofl:

So again, you'd rather pay £60m for a player who has max a year left at a top level compared to one who has another good 4.
And discredit 12 in 30 but don't include his 155 in 109 in total where he scored 78 in 97 starts at Napoli and although not replicating form, has scored 28 in 51 league starts at PSG yet would rather take a 33 year old because "hurr durr Cavani ain't Suarez"

Wanyama is poverty. Could easily compare him to players like Flamini, Mikel, Fellaini, all who are ****e players but do their part. Didn't say Flamini is better but he does have more to his game compared to someone who plays like an absolute thug. Don't know what you're on about either. Everyone's been giving credit to Coquelin and saying he's been our most crucial player whilst Ramsey has been ineffective at times.

But the thing is, I mentioned nothing about choosing Flamini over Wanyama. So the age argument is in no way relevant here or to my post.

Best midfield duo in the PL lol you're on some strong purple

Lets face it, you thought you'd look good by trying to call out another regular otherwise we wouldn't be having a conversation about two completely irrelevant points right now
(edited 8 years ago)
AR_95

So again, you'd rather pay £60m for a player who has max a year left at a top level compared to one who has another good 4.
And discredit 12 in 30 but don't include his 155 in 109 in total where he scored 78 in 97 starts at Napoli and although not replicating form, has scored 28 in 51 league starts at PSG yet would rather take a 33 year old because "hurr durr Cavani ain't Suarez"

Wanyama is poverty. Could easily compare him to players like Flamini, Mikel, Fellaini, all who are ****e players but do their part. Didn't say Flamini is better but he does have more to his game compared to someone who plays like an absolute thug. Don't know what you're on about either. Everyone's been giving credit to Coquelin and saying he's been our most crucial player whilst Ramsey has been ineffective at times.

But the thing is, I mentioned nothing about choosing Flamini over Wanyama. So the age argument is in no way relevant here or to my post.

Best midfield duo in the PL lol you're on some strong purple

Lets face it, you thought you'd look good by trying to call out another regular otherwise we wouldn't be having a conversation about two completely irrelevant points right now

Yeah, I would rather it, but again, not the same as wanting it.

Tell me how

"rated as part of one of the best midfield duos in the PL. "

equates to

"Best midfield duo in the PL"

I think you're struggling in terms of comprehension, and are just trying to twist my words to have a point to attack. Since this entire Wanyama/Schneiderlin debate was kickstarted by you bringing up a comment I made months ago, don't try to claim I'm the one trying to look good by calling someone else out. You made a snarky comment to Lucio, so I pointed out the irony. Don't give it out if you then get hissy when it's returned.
Original post by fallen_acorns
LP changes her picture..

Coincidence?

ummmmm, m8 i changed my picture too...
Original post by Arkasia
Yeah, I would rather it, but again, not the same as wanting it.

Tell me how

"rated as part of one of the best midfield duos in the PL. "

equates to

"Best midfield duo in the PL"

I think you're struggling in terms of comprehension, and are just trying to twist my words to have a point to attack. Since this entire Wanyama/Schneiderlin debate was kickstarted by you bringing up a comment I made months ago, don't try to claim I'm the one trying to look good by calling someone else out. You made a snarky comment to Lucio, so I pointed out the irony. Don't give it out if you then get hissy when it's returned.

"Snarky comment"

What happened was general (but ****) banter between me and Luke which lead to you saying

Original post by Arkasia
The fact you said 'no one cares', when half your posts are just inane babbling or ridiculous comments that people either take issue with or ignore.

Even though me and Luke are on good terms

Brb trying to call my posts out to look good then crying because I called out some comical posts he's renowned for to this day
Brb saying don't give it out if you get hissy when it's returned, but firing blank shots unprovoked in the first place
It's ok Ben, the gems aren't real.

In any case, I'm sure Luke doesn't need a white knight x

Original post by Lúcio
ummmmm, m8 i changed my picture too...

Pls rectify situation
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AR_95

Brb trying to call my posts out to look good then crying because I called out some comical posts he's renowned for to this day
Brb saying don't give it out if you get hissy when it's returned, but firing blank shots unprovoked in the first place
It's ok Ben, the gems aren't real.

In any case, I'm sure Luke doesn't need a white knight x

I've seen enough Shed End posts to know an obvious attempt at baiting when I see one. And 'renowned'? This is the second time the Ibra post has been mentioned (first time was also misquoting), and first time the Wanyama post has been brought up. It's cute how you have cherished my comments and committed them to memory. Backtrack if you want, I don't really care, because at the end of the day neither of our opinions are going to change, and Cavani will still be worse than Ibra. I could easily lower myself to your level by throwing in a few choice personal digs, but I would prefer to keep it at least a little bit civil :yy:
Reply 8632
...anyway

Dunno if this has been mentioned already but Wenger has pretty much ruled out Cech (says it's highly unlikely). He says we have enough quality in goal.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9830768/arsene-wenger-says-move-for-petr-cech-highly-unlikely

Can't see him adding a GK which might come back to haunt us..
Original post by Arkasia
I've seen enough Shed End posts to know an obvious attempt at baiting when I see one. And 'renowned'? This is the second time the Ibra post has been mentioned (first time was also misquoting), and first time the Wanyama post has been brought up. It's cute how you have cherished my comments and committed them to memory. Backtrack if you want, I don't really care, because at the end of the day neither of our opinions are going to change, and Cavani will still be worse than Ibra. I could easily lower myself to your level by throwing in a few choice personal digs, but I would prefer to keep it at least a little bit civil :yy:

Baiting? Rofl what part of "Me and Luke are on good terms" don't you understand?
It's been brought up, more times than you can imagine :rofl: and are aware of.

Lmao you've tried to take shots at me as a poster so you obviously remember all the types of posts I make and where I post. Funny enough those are the only two posts when I remember you so not my fault you don't strike any significance in my head :wink:

You wouldn't be able to go any lower because you've already failed. Accept you tried to be the hero and it backfired. Accept that you fired unnecessary shots at a regular poster and were wrong in doing so x
(edited 8 years ago)
SA-1
Wenger has pretty much ruled out Cech

Was Cech ever an option though? Mourinho wouldn't even consider letting us buy Demba Ba, he would rather die than hand over a player of Cech's quality to a rival.
Reply 8635
Original post by Arkasia
Was Cech ever an option though? Mourinho wouldn't even consider letting us buy Demba Ba, he would rather die than hand over a player of Cech's quality to a rival.

I bought the stories tbh, with all the comments from Mou saying that he'll allow Cech to pick. Made me think he knew of the possibility of him coming to Arsenal.

Cech = No
Lloris = No
Cassillas is probably just a stupid rumour to fuel the DDG speculation.

Can't see us going for a GK this year and theres a high chance of us not going for a CDM either.

What would be a realistic outcome of this transfer window?
Original post by AR_95
Baiting? Rofl what part of "Me and Luke are on good terms" don't you understand?
It's been brought up, more times than you can imagine :rofl: and are aware of.

Lmao you've tried to take shots at me as a poster so you obviously remember all the types of posts I make and where I post. Funny enough those are the only two posts when I remember you so not my fault you don't strike any significance in my head :wink:

You wouldn't be able to go any lower because you've already failed. Accept you tried to be the hero and it backfired x

Obvious failure at comprehension again, and besides, I have won this either way. If I didn't win the debate, I still managed to make you mad, and show you up to be bitter and spiteful. If I did win the debate, then your rage is just a bonus. The only post of yours that I can remember is when you got mad at me for saying Islam is barbaric and cruel, but since this is the football forum and not the religion forum, lets just agree not to debate that tangential point.
Original post by SA-1
I bought the stories tbh, with all the comments from Mou saying that he'll allow Cech to pick. Made me think he knew of the possibility of him coming to Arsenal.

Cech = No
Lloris = No
Cassillas is probably just a stupid rumour to fuel the DDG speculation.

Can't see us going for a GK this year and theres a high chance of us not going for a CDM either.

What would be a realistic outcome of this transfer window?

A left winger
Reply 8638
In other news, apparently Clyne has been given 10 days to decide his future :lol:

Would really have liked him here but it's so unlikely, rate the guy so highly. Reckon Jenko would emerge into a beast sooner or later anyway tbh
Reply 8639
Original post by shawn_o1
A left winger

Right ya mean? I'd assume Alexis has cemented his place on the LW.

Latest