Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting...
    School won't let us collect until 10.30

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    Awful results (chemistry was a shock) so I'm going into clearing and have to scrap my medicine/ gap year plans 😭
    Plans will always get put on hold in life, don't worry about it too much sweetheart.

There is no shame in going into clearing and you can always return to medicine later on in life hon.

"Life goes the way it's supposed to, not the way we want it to".

:flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    I'm sorry GEM is still an option!
    Thanks! I'm still looking into GEM but I'm not sure medicine is for me anymore. I thought I gave my all in these exams but clearly I must have done something wrong. 😌

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phaggit)
    keele
    they both went to oxbridge
    welcome to oxbridge parent club

(Original post by NatoHeadshot)
    my three math units show up for as. they have not displayed a grade but my ums adds up to around 280ish so is this an A or the max grade at as?
    It's an A - well done

The max mark is 300.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattematics)
    A*A*A*A

Stunned :woo:
    Wow! Clever clogs :teeth:

Well done! :awesome: :party: :woo:

(Original post by Workaholism)
    A*A*A* + A at AS! Med school ahoy! So overwhelmed.
    YYAAAAAAYYYYYYY congratulations! :woo: :party: :woo:

(Original post by Lulu1609)
    ABC and into my firm! Couldn't be happier :-)
    CONGRATULATIONS! :awesome: . Now go and celebrate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Assuming you've got ABB or higher and are looking for something biology related - the best places wont go in clearing.

In your situation it's worth waiting for an answer from KCL. Make sure to get names and job titles when you speak to them on the phone (you'll get better answers and less fobbing off) and phone them regularly.

What subject were you hoping for at UAL? most UAL courses will recommend a foundation diploma before you apply for the degree anyway so your A levels are a lot less important than your portfolio/show reel.
    I wanted to do Fashion Business, but I wasn't really sure about the course and future career path, as they told me wait for the AS results...

(Original post by Jitesh)
    usycool, I'm quite worried about my critical thinking AS grade. I've not collected my results in it

I wouldn't be suprised if I got a D in it and I want to study dentistry, as we didn't get proper lessons or anything... the school forced us to do it.

Do universities literally disregard it all together or will it hinder my application at all (assuming other subjects are fine?)

It's going to be cashed in sadly so will have to go on my ucas form
    Most will disregard it so don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    Does anyone know what will happen and when track will update again still waiting for my first choice dont know whether to ring or wait a little while
    See the first post - Track wont change now til midday.

If you've got your results ring your universities and find out when they'll give you an answer (and if you're not willing to wait tell them - it's unacceptable to keep you hanging - they've had your grades since Saturday)

Thanks! I'm still looking into GEM but I'm not sure medicine is for me anymore. I thought I gave my all in these exams but clearly I must have done something wrong. 😌
    A-Levels are very different to what Medicine is like and have very little bearing on whether or not it's for you.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what will happen and when track will update again still waiting for my first choice dont know whether to ring or wait a little while
    If you have your results, call them up now

(Original post by Muttski)
    Still waiting...
    School won't let us collect until 10.30
    :console: . How long does it take to travel?

ReputationRep:
    Ring them and find out some answers!

Ring and ask what's going on*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Most will disregard it so don't worry
    Even with getting an E?

Do you know which unis would look at it and question it??

Such a silly system forcing students to do an exam without being taught the content properly!!

ReputationRep:
    Why is it I fail over and over again, despite the unbelievable amount of work I put in? I improve my previous two failures of DD to CC, but then get DD in A2, overall making it an A2. My other AS of a B has now gone down to a C.

CDD is pathetic, haha. Luckily, University of Westminster has offered me a place for Computer Science there. Can I ask if people know much about this Uni, and what they think of it?Thanks.
    The hardest part was telling my parents at 6 AM, now I'll have to tell my family who'll call all day that I sucked...

...and it's my Birthday on Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to resit an a2 module next year, I.e FP3

ReputationRep:
    Awful results (chemistry was a shock) so I'm going into clearing and have to scrap my medicine/ gap year plans 😭
    Sorry to hear that, have you found anything you like in clearing?

(Original post by Mattematics)
    A*A*A*A

Stunned :woo:
    (Original post by Workaholism)
    A*A*A* + A at AS! Med school ahoy! So overwhelmed.
    (Original post by Lulu1609)
    ABC and into my firm! Couldn't be happier :-)
    Congratulations all

ReputationRep:
    got AAB im glad the tear stains i left on my exam papers made an impact on my markers! the only thing im miffed about is missing my chemi predicted grade by like 20 ums, but im still pretty chuffed w how it turned out. now my nightmares will be more merciful until uni starts! woo!

ReputationRep:
    A*ABB

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:

What parts of medicine attracted you? There's a bunch of other healthcare options (PA, PT, OT, Pod, ST, Chir, Audio, Paramedic etc etc etc etc) that might have what you enjoy without the OTT focus on grades.

Or maybe something completely different?

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.