Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

• Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    Does anyone know what will happen and when track will update again still waiting for my first choice dont know whether to ring or wait a little while
    Ring and ask what's going on*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Most will disregard it so don't worry
    Even with getting an E?

Do you know which unis would look at it and question it??

Such a silly system forcing students to do an exam without being taught the content properly!!

ReputationRep:
    Why is it I fail over and over again, despite the unbelievable amount of work I put in? I improve my previous two failures of DD to CC, but then get DD in A2, overall making it an A2. My other AS of a B has now gone down to a C.

CDD is pathetic, haha. Luckily, University of Westminster has offered me a place for Computer Science there. Can I ask if people know much about this Uni, and what they think of it?Thanks.
    The hardest part was telling my parents at 6 AM, now I'll have to tell my family who'll call all day that I sucked...

...and it's my Birthday on Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to resit an a2 module next year, I.e FP3
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    Awful results (chemistry was a shock) so I'm going into clearing and have to scrap my medicine/ gap year plans 😭
    Sorry to hear that, have you found anything you like in clearing?

(Original post by Mattematics)
    A*A*A*A

Stunned :woo:
    (Original post by Workaholism)
    A*A*A* + A at AS! Med school ahoy! So overwhelmed.
    (Original post by Lulu1609)
    ABC and into my firm! Couldn't be happier :-)
    Congratulations all

ReputationRep:
    got AAB im glad the tear stains i left on my exam papers made an impact on my markers! the only thing im miffed about is missing my chemi predicted grade by like 20 ums, but im still pretty chuffed w how it turned out. now my nightmares will be more merciful until uni starts! woo!

ReputationRep:
    A*ABB
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    Thanks! I'm still looking into GEM but I'm not sure medicine is for me anymore. I thought I gave my all in these exams but clearly I must have done something wrong. 😌
    :hugs:

What parts of medicine attracted you? There's a bunch of other healthcare options (PA, PT, OT, Pod, ST, Chir, Audio, Paramedic etc etc etc etc) that might have what you enjoy without the OTT focus on grades.

Or maybe something completely different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    CONGRATULATIONS! :awesome :woo: :party: :woo:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Congratulations
    Thank you both so much!
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Jitesh)
    Even with getting an E?

Do you know which unis would look at it and question it??

Such a silly system forcing students to do an exam without being taught the content properly!!
    I believe so - most won't accept it but I can't remember of th top of my head which ones do accept it!

I agree - it's stupid*
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Olymedeus)
    Is it possible to resit an a2 module next year, I.e FP3
    Yes, it is!
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robins620)
    Thank you both so much!
    Do you have any plans to celebrate?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polyrogue)
    Why is it I fail over and over again, despite the unbelievable amount of work I put in? I improve my previous two failures of DD to CC, but then get DD in A2, overall making it an A2. My other AS of a B has now gone down to a C.

CDD is pathetic, haha. Luckily, University of Westminster has offered me a place for Computer Science there. Can I ask if people know much about this Uni, and what they think of it?Thanks.
    The hardest part was telling my parents at 6 AM, now I'll have to tell my family who'll call all day that I sucked...

You have a Uni place so dont be too hard and yourself

ReputationRep:
    I was just calling my university and I GOT INNNNNNNNNNNNN

ReputationRep:
    How do you find the specific ums for each unit on resultsplus? I can only find the overall grade

ReputationRep:
    I've finished AS and I got A*AA , Applying to Oxford, Imperial, Southampton, Manchester :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    That sucks

Have you spotted any other options in clearing?
    Really sucks.. especially if you've invested heavily your time, money and energy in sorting out your application and everything just went down the drain for absolutely nothing. :sad:

I'm currently enrolled to university, I just tried to transfer to another one but was unsuccessful because of my GCSEs. :ashamed:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:

CDD isn't pathetic. I can see why you're disappointed but it's a decent base.

I'd suggest looking into the details of the Westminster course (and keep looking for other options in clearing) to see how much of your marks will be based on exams. It seems like exams aren't your strong spot so aiming for a degree with more focus on coursework will help you move your grades upwards as you study.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

It isn't the end of the world and you've still got a place at a university You should be able to get more information on Westminister in their subforum here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=533

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Do you have any plans to celebrate?
    Not sure yet, some of my friends are planning to go out tonight, but nightclubs aren't really my thing. Nice meal this evening with family would be much nicer, got a few people to ring with the good news!

Didn't get a lot of sleep last night but there's no chance of me getting any now! Too excited!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.