Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The NFCW went 30-10 against teams outside of their division last year (34-10 if you include playoffs). It's even more impressive when you remember that 12 of those games were against teams with 11+ wins. (6-6 record, niners lost all 3)

for comparison, the next best was the AFC West at 25-15 (27-17 incl. playoffs, with only 6 games against 11+ win teams, and a 2-4 record), and the AFC East is the only other division that finished over 0.500. The NFC North went 16-24 (23-17 in 2012)

I'm not sure how that ranks in NFL history (it will be up there certainly), but the scary thing is the Rams were the worst team at 7-9, and the 2nd and 13th pick in this year's draft to improve. This year will be interesting

ReputationRep:
    Like the cardinals man. Their defense is nasty.

ReputationRep:
    Man the Buccaneers made some seriously good moves. There's no way they can screw up this season can they? :lol:

Also love that we went from Talib to Revis. Talk about a freaking upgrade. Need to cut big Vince though, hes not gonna budge with his contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Man the Buccaneers made some seriously good moves. There's no way they can screw up this season can they? :lol:

Also love that we went from Talib to Revis. Talk about a freaking upgrade. Need to cut big Vince though, hes not gonna budge with his contract.
    They'll probably still find a way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    They'll probably still find a way
    I dunno Gregg Shiano is a pretty terrible coach and I really like what they've done to add more pieces. Verner for like 7m is a complete steal!

ReputationRep:
    I dunno Gregg Shiano is a pretty terrible coach and I really like what they've done to add more pieces. Verner for like 7m is a complete steal!
    As long as our offensive playcalling isn't half as **** as last year we should do ok.

ReputationRep:
    Well, Manziel made just about every throw, 2 (drops) went down out of 60 but I knew he could do that already. I still really like him and would love the Jags to pick him up at 3! I don't however hold out much hope that will happen. And then he interviewed really well and naturally, you've just got to want him to win!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    As long as our offensive playcalling isn't half as **** as last year we should do ok.
    Hope so. I like the Buccs so should be pretty interesting your division.

Ray Rice indicted. Uh-oh...

Wilfork re-signs with the patriots, think he must be the only player who managed to sulk and still get what he wanted with Bill. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    DeSean Jackson cut by the Eagles. Would love the Patriots to be all over this but there's no chance. No way we take a player like him after the Hernandez incident especially that news has broken about him being involved with gangs.

ReputationRep:
    DeSean Jackson cut by the Eagles. Would love the Patriots to be all over this but there's no chance. No way we take a player like him after the Hernandez incident especially that news has broken about him being involved with gangs.
    Still not used to you being very attractive frog woman. Deal agreed with Washington Redskins according to ESPN, better than anyone else that RG3's got to throw to as far as I'm concerned so that's a good move, can't see him signing a mega contract either given the character issues so probably at less than market value but we'll see I suppose when the numbers come out.

ReputationRep:
    If any of you are deprived of football then tomorrow night at 7pm our time, London Blitz face Templiers Elancourt (suburb of Paris) in the European Champions League. Live stream here just before KO: http://dblcoverage.com/live-london-b...ers-elancourt/

ReputationRep:
    12 days 'til the draft. Should be a good one... I can see the QBs going later than everyone predicted. It's also a wonderful draft for the Seahawks, WR and OT heavy. We need those things. Things are going to get really interesting

ReputationRep:
    Are we playing #BoldPredictions before or after the draft? I've got some barnstormers which I think actually have a squeak

ReputationRep:
    Man Jameis Winston what a douche... :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, Heisman winner in one breath and shoplifter in the next. Still think the NCAA should allow payment of players, even if the fees were nominal, like the price of a pair of tickets or something, they've got to eat big to stay in shape and it would probably stop stupid things like this happening. Edit: oh college is now allowed to feed them unlimited food... he's a moron. Point on payment still stands though, they make their colleges bare dollar and will probably donate even more to them in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Oh dear, Heisman winner in one breath and shoplifter in the next. Still think the NCAA should allow payment of players, even if the fees were nominal, like the price of a pair of tickets or something, they've got to eat big to stay in shape and it would probably stop stupid things like this happening. Edit: oh college is now allowed to feed them unlimited food... he's a moron. Point on payment still stands though, they make their colleges bare dollar and will probably donate even more to them in the future.
    Jonny Football mk2 yet this guy actually is a criminal :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I want to take the piss our of Winston but, I blame the slave trade organisation NCAA. These players are actually starving.

ReputationRep:
    Are we playing #BoldPredictions before or after the draft? I've got some barnstormers which I think actually have a squeak
    Depends what kind of #BoldPredictions

How about draft-related ones before the draft (obviously) and the rest after?

Starting with my first-round mock draft (including a few bold trades based on those really amateurish draft buzz articles)...

Texans - Jadaveon Clowney DE
    Falcons (TRADE with St Louis for their no.6 overall and 2nd round pick) - Greg Robinson OT
    Lions (TRADE with Jacksonville for no.10 overall, 2nd & maybe like a 5th round pick) - Sammy Watkins WR
    Browns - Johnny Manziel QB
    Raiders - Khalil Mack LB

Rams - Jake Matthews OT. The Rams get the guy they would have taken at 2 but have now got an extra 2nd to play with. People have them favouring Robinson but Matthews is more polished and his lineage's history with Fisher puts him ahead for me.

Bucs - Mike Evans WR
    Vikings - Blake Bortles QB
    Bills - Eric Ebron TE
    Jags - Teddy Bridgwater QB
    Titans - Anthony Barr LB
    Giants - Taylor Lewan OT

Rams - Justin Gilbert CB. Clinton-Dix seems like a no-brainer here but I really, really want them to take Gilbert instead. Having this guy, Janoris Jenkins and Trumaine Johnson would give us one of the best young corner corps in the league.
    For some reason as well, I can actually see this happening. We've booked no pre-draft vists/workouts with any safety and, arguably, we needed a safety even more last year and we only got TJ McDonald in the 4th round. I can see the same thing happening here where we grab someone like Terrence Brooks in the mid-rounds.

Bears - Aaron Donald DT
    Steelers - HaHa Clinton-Dix S
    Cowboys - Timmy Jernigan DT
    Ravens - CJ Mosley LB
    Jets - Darqueze Denard CB
    Dolphins - Zack Martin OT
    Cardinals - Dee Ford DE
    Packers - Calvin Pryor S
    Eagles - Odell Beckham Jr WR
    Chiefs - Xavier Su'a Filo G
    Bengals - Jason Verrett CB
    Chargers - Louis Nix DT
    Browns - Kelvin Benjamin WR
    Saints - Kony Ealy DE
    Panthers - Brandin Cooks WR
    Patriots - Ra'Shede Hageman DT
    49ers - Stephan Tuitt DT
    Broncos - Kyle Fuller CB
    Seahawks - Demarcus Lawrence DE

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you big draft nerd! I love that you have Verrett in the 1st even as a nickel corner due to his size he looks insanely good. I HATE the Jags pick though trade down and then get Bridgewater at 10 for me is a nightmare scenario as a Jags fan. I'll say Bridgewater slides out of the 1st. Everything about Bridgewater says probably solid, that makes him a high draft pick game manager. He's the second coming of Matt Ryan rather than Brady or Manning.

I've just done mine on predict a pick on NFL.com

http://http://predictpick.nfl.com/picks/view

Don't know if you'll be able to see it

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you big draft nerd! I love that you have Verrett in the 1st even as a nickel corner due to his size he looks insanely good. I HATE the Jags pick though trade down and then get Bridgewater at 10 for me is a nightmare scenario as a Jags fan. I'll say Bridgewater slides out of the 1st. Everything about Bridgewater says probably solid, that makes him a high draft pick game manager. He's the second coming of Matt Ryan rather than Brady or Manning.

I've just done mine on predict a pick on NFL.com

http://http://predictpick.nfl.com/picks/view

Don't know if you'll be able to see it
    Haha, I love the draft! Without a doubt, one of my favourite parts of the season. Having said that, I don't really know of many players past the second round and, if I do, it's only because they're in a position of need for the Rams or if the Rams are reported to be interested.

I thought I was being quite clever with the Jags, to be honest They have a really poor roster so I think accruing lots of picks would be the best strategy. They also need a franchise QB so doing both in one swift trade-down seemed useful.

I don't really know what's happened with Bridgwater recently. It wasn't long ago that he was considered the best prospect in this QB class and a lock for the top 5. Now, in the more recent mock drafts I've seen, he's either picked up right near the end of the 1st round (usually to the Cardinals) or, like you say, in the second round.

Can't see your mock, mate.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.