The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theJdog
Oh RE was a half GCSE. I'm only two marks of an A in Maths so getting it remarked, and got an A in Lit (just about), and Bio I'm like 8 or seven marks away from an A :frown: and aw that's good! WOW 100 % is awesome :biggrin: Well, I', kind of disappointed but oh wells. And well done :biggrin: so what now?

I see :biggrin: Aww, you're lucky with your Lit mark! I think most people in my class didn't do too well in the Poetry paper, so the majority of the grades dropped :/
What now? Well now, I finish off the summer prep work and get ready for school on Friday. :cool:
Original post by 08manderson
A^ is an A* with distinction. .. it is the grade higher than an A* in AQAs Level 2 Further Maths Exam. I'm not sure if you can get it in any other exams though??

Ah, thank you!
Reply 8642
Original post by Green Bubblegum
congratulations on every ones GCSE Grades!! Look forward to starting AS, its going to be a long year.

If anyone need A-Level tuition contact me, I got A*AAB in Geo,Bio,Chem and Phy.

What are you going to study? Which university are you going to go? Impressive grades. Well done. I am going to do Geography A level - was it difficult?
Reply 8643
Original post by Squidgy
Anyone managed to get the Edexcel UMS converter working for the recent exams?

I wanted to work out the number of marks I got in Maths.

just search into google: gcse edexcel ums converter, then click on the first link and the click where it says "download our mark converter". Once downloaded, open the excel document and and choose whatever options in the dropboxes
I see everyone did well!
Reply 8645
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I see everyone did well!

:h: How did you do, very well i presume?:biggrin:
Original post by sr234
:h: How did you do, very well i presume?:biggrin:

:erm: I did well, but I wasn't 100% happy :tongue: because I got AAB in three subjects I was expecting A*s in.

Oh well...

8 A*s, 6 As, B and a C.
Original post by Squidgy
Anyone managed to get the Edexcel UMS converter working for the recent exams?

I wanted to work out the number of marks I got in Maths.

I've got the Edexcel UMS converter working. What's your UMS score?
Reply 8648
Original post by PARM1
just search into google: gcse edexcel ums converter, then click on the first link and the click where it says "download our mark converter". Once downloaded, open the excel document and and choose whatever options in the dropboxes

I know, I downloaded it but it wasn't working for the subject I wanted :frown:
xD
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by parasagarwal01
u guys.. UMS converters are only for A LEVEL EXAMS!!! Ours is just raw marks but it is written as UMS. Raw and UMS are the same for IGCSE/GCSE results!!!

I think you're mistaken - the UMS system is used for both GCSEs and A-levels, and you can get GCSE mark converters.
Original post by Georgiecat
I think you're mistaken - the UMS system is used for both GCSEs and A-levels, and you can get GCSE mark converters.

omg so did i deserve a negative rating for that! ?:angry:
Reply 8652
:erm: I did well, but I wasn't 100% happy :tongue: because I got AAB in three subjects I was expecting A*s in.

Oh well...

8 A*s, 6 As, B and a C.
:eek: You did 16 GCSE's, well done:biggrin: I could just about manage with 10!:burnout:
Original post by sr234
:eek: You did 16 GCSE's, well done:biggrin: I could just about manage with 10!:burnout:

Now I've been offered a scholarship!:biggrin:
Can someone please explain what the points are for?
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Can someone explain to me how to find out what the grade boundaries are for the OVERALL mark for OCR exams? Not just the modular grade boundaries but the overall ones? PLEASE, PLEASE reply this is so important!
Original post by Heytherehello
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Can someone explain to me how to find out what the grade boundaries are for the OVERALL mark for OCR exams? Not just the modular grade boundaries but the overall ones? PLEASE, PLEASE reply this is so important!

which subject is it?

Oh well...

8 A*s, 6 As, B and a C.

which subjects were they in? still 8a*s is pretty good going :tongue:
Original post by NinjaPandaa
which subject is it?

Philosophy and Ethics, but i can't find the overall grade boundaries for any OCR subject! Can you please, please help me?
I am 4ums (4 raw) off an A* in OCR Economics, would you say it's worth a remark?
I currently have 9a*s and 2as and would hope to read medicine at a top uni, would an extra a* make a difference?

Latest