Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    He's not the answer at LW and tbh they need centre backs before full backs and a DM too
    Yeah agreed but I think a goalie looks absolutely crucial after todays performance from szczesny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Atmosphere at the Emirates was absolutely toxic today, never seen anything like it. Booing at half time etc just embarrassing really. Wenger will have got the message loud and clear at FT though, if he didnt realise that most AFC fans arent accepting his bollox any more then he will now.

On the game I thought we were actually terrible, terrible refereeing or not. Fair result would have been 2-2 given Rosicky's chances and the terrible penalty shout.
    Walcott just hasnt improved as a player , completely as one dimensional against tight defenses as he ever was and always will be. Ramsey still cant make a proper forward pass and is not good enough as a starter, not without Arteta wet nursing him anyway. Giroud cant seem to get his head on balls he should be burying. Jenkinson was hopeless, just fundamentally lost. Sagna is finished as well, completely over the hill and now a long term passenger/liability.

Cazorla clearly not fit so fair enough, but he too was 2/10/

Rosicky/Wilshere actually very good. AOC fine before injury.

So looking at the squad we have one average striker, a shortage of wingers and the ones we have are all one-dimensional and inconsistent, no recognized DMs at all, 2 RBs who arent up to it, not enough CBs and 2 injury prone LBs and a GK who has a new found desire to abandon his post.

(Original post by Soul of Mischief)
    Agree with Zurich about the atmosphere being toxic. To be fair I thought the crowd was good for the first half and around where I was (NB upper) the booing at half time was directed towards the ref rather than the players.
    First game where I've never heard "one arsene wenger" being sung. Sad how his legacy is slowly going, I used to truly believe he was a genius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    I know it might just be a short term solution but what about Berbatov as a striker. Think his got a year left on his contract at Fulham but may end up leaving before the transfer window ends.
    Lol are you serious?

A 32 year old grumpy Bulgarian, who's lazy with a ****ty I'm too good for this team attitude? No thanks, no improvement from Giroud at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    Lol are you serious?

A 32 year old grumpy Bulgarian, who's lazy with a ****ty I'm too good for this team attitude? No thanks, no improvement from Giroud at all.
    I'm not kidding I think his got the experience and goal scoring record that might help Arsenal out (don't forget he did amazingly well at Fulham last year). No improvement from Giroud? He's a class player and won't cost more than a couple of million. Like I said short term solution but something that may help Arsenal in the attacking front. At the moment theres not much on the market in terms of strikers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    First game where I've never heard "one arsene wenger" being sung. Sad how his legacy is slowly going, I used to truly believe he was a genius.
    Well he was a genius. To me, he isn't any longer. But like I said before, I would never boo or insult Wenger. He's too honourable a man and done so much for the Arsenal. But like that video from Arsenalfantv shows, something's gotta give.

ReputationRep:
    Damn.. just saw Arsenal's injury list. Wenger just doesn't get any lucky breaks does he?

What's the line up going to look like next week in defence with so many injuries?

Jenkinson RB, Mertascker CB, Vermalean LB and then who as the other CB going to be..?

ReputationRep:
    what are you saying Shearer? seriously man
    What did that berk say. Couldn't bring myself to watch MOTD especially with the inevitable w***fest they'd be having over Liverpool and Moyes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Damn.. just saw Arsenal's injury list. Wenger just doesn't get any lucky breaks does he?

What's the line up going to look like next week in defence with so many injuries?

Jenkinson RB, Mertascker CB, Vermalean LB and then who as the other CB going to be..?
    vermaelen is out with a long term injury

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that Arsenal can call up on Miguel from his loan?

ReputationRep:
    C'mon lets be honest, who would of thought we'd have 5 injuries in one game. Surely that's a new record? Pretty sure Wenger wasn't expecting this, just really unlucky and it's making him look incompetent. like Wenger himself has said he wants to bring quality over quantity and these signings take time. Judge on the 3rd of September.

ReputationRep:
    What's up with shearer and arsenal? He absolutely hates us.

ReputationRep:
    What he said was true (for once). They were penalties and it should have been a red for both players (Koscielny and the Villa player).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    vermaelen is out with a long term injury
    Damn..
    Guess I better take Mertersacker out of my FF team.. I don't expect many clean sheets if you have no defenders left!

ReputationRep:
    Just saw Sagnas injury again, looked pretty horrific tbh surprised the guy never broke his neck.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday was horrendous, what a disappointing start to the season.

ReputationRep:
    watching motd and seeing judas score goals for fun makes me so sad man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soul of Mischief)
    What did that berk say. Couldn't bring myself to watch MOTD especially with the inevitable w***fest they'd be having over Liverpool and Moyes.
    'great decision' used about 4 times. MOTD poll then flashes in saying 70% disagree with Shearer, his reaction ''they havent seen the incident well enough then''.

Him and Lineker really never has a good thing to say about Arsenal at all and love kicking us when we're down. Lineker actually said how he'd normally be 'slating Arsenal' but would prefer to focus on Villa.

Of course Spurs can do no wrong on MOTD, everyone's little darling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    What he said was true (for once). They were penalties and it should have been a red for both players (Koscielny and the Villa player).
    Koscielny won the ball so its not a penalty, simple as that.

How was Koscielny's a red card?

And they didnt even show the dozen or so small incidents where the ref had a shocker. Gibbs went off bleeding buckets and the ref didnt even give a freekick for one.

ReputationRep:
    Koscielny won the ball so its not a penalty, simple as that.

How was Koscielny's a red card?

And they didnt even show the dozen or so small incidents where the ref had a shocker. Gibbs went off bleeding buckets and the ref didnt even give a freekick for one.
    Winning the ball doesn't necessarily mean that it cannot be a penalty.

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think of Micah Richards? I always thought he had great potential but has stagnated in last season or so, would be great for 4th CB while also can play RB

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.