The Commons Bar Mk VIII - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
adam9317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
Surely it should be 2-5-7? And with the SNP and PC included, why arent the DUP. Fourth biggest party in terms of seats...
Hear Hear
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Looks like Syriza have won 38% of the vote.
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Looks like Syriza have won 38% of the vote.
They have won around 150 seats, they need 151.
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
They have won around 150 seats, they need 151.
They should be fine as a minority government on 150, surely? Can't see everyone from the Golden Dawn to the KKE uniting to oppose them on anything.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Will be interesting to see what compromise they can get from Germany. Looking at what they want and Greece's situation it looks like they do have a primary surplus so I suspect that while a debt writeoff will be laughed out by Germany, they could renegotiate the interest rate possibly as this would take a lot of pressure off. The problem here is that Italy also has a primary surplus and the left in Spain also look like they could win so they'd want the same.
DaveSmith99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Green_Pink)
They should be fine as a minority government on 150, surely? Can't see everyone from the Golden Dawn to the KKE uniting to oppose them on anything.
If they can't form a majority coalition in three days then the runner up gets to try.
Green_Pink
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by DaveSmith99)
If they can't form a majority coalition in three days then the runner up gets to try.
Interesting. Regardless, they are projected to get 149 seats. To get a majority without them, you'd need a coalition of everything else. Are the KKE really so partisan that they'd strike a deal to enter coalition with New Democracy and the neo-Nazi Golden Dawn to stop their fellow lefties getting in? Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely that won't happen and we then get a Syriza minority - or do they go to fresh elections?
DaveSmith99
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Interesting. Regardless, they are projected to get 149 seats. To get a majority without them, you'd need a coalition of everything else. Are the KKE really so partisan that they'd strike a deal to enter coalition with New Democracy and the neo-Nazi Golden Dawn to stop their fellow lefties getting in? Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely that won't happen and we then get a Syriza minority - or do they go to fresh elections?
I know very little about Greek elections, just what I heard on radio 4 earlier. From what I remember the winner gets three days, then the next party, then the next, then if it gets down to the bottom and no agreement has been made its fresh elections.
Green_Pink
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I know very little about Greek elections, just what I heard on radio 4 earlier. From what I remember the winner gets three days, then the next party, then the next, then if it gets down to the bottom and no agreement has been made its fresh elections.
If that's true then I really hope the projections are wrong and Syria edge over to 151, otherwise this could be the last thing we need - a long-winded process of nonsense before fresh elections unless they can find a partner. Seems mad that they can't run as a "minority" government when they easily have enough MPs to provide stable governance.
DaveSmith99
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-medicine.html

I can't wait for this clown to take the throne
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-medicine.html

I can't wait for this clown to take the throne
Look on the bright side, the queen might out live him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He won't be King anyway, i'm sure he'll abdicate.
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
He won't be King anyway, i'm sure he'll abdicate.
Why would he?
DaveSmith99
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Look on the bright side, the queen might out live him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think he can be crowned quick enough. If Charles on the throne doesn't make people realise that selecting who gets to be head of state based on nothing more than who mummy and daddy are is beyond ridiculous then nothing will.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't think he can be crowned quick enough. If Charles on the throne doesn't make people realise that selecting who gets to be head of state based on nothing more than who mummy and daddy are is beyond ridiculous then nothing will.
Yeah, although he is a great envronmentalist so it might be a good thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
An amazing victory for the new PM. Would love to have seen the look on Merkels mug last night.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Interestingly the Tories had a lead in 3 of the 5 polls out yesterday.
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would far, far rather have the likes of the Prince of Wales representing this country as its head of state than the likes of Tony Blair.
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Bennett's car crash interview did not do much to boost my very low opinion of the Greens. It was traumatic to watch her squirm her way through this embarrassingly, bad interview.
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
Bennett's car crash interview did not do much to boost my very low opinion of the Greens. It was traumatic to watch her squirm her way through this embarrassingly, bad interview.
I almost felt sorry for her. Almost.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads