Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ...anyway

Dunno if this has been mentioned already but Wenger has pretty much ruled out Cech (says it's highly unlikely). He says we have enough quality in goal.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ighly-unlikely

Can't see him adding a GK which might come back to haunt us..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I've seen enough Shed End posts to know an obvious attempt at baiting when I see one. And 'renowned'? This is the second time the Ibra post has been mentioned (first time was also misquoting), and first time the Wanyama post has been brought up. It's cute how you have cherished my comments and committed them to memory. Backtrack if you want, I don't really care, because at the end of the day neither of our opinions are going to change, and Cavani will still be worse than Ibra. I could easily lower myself to your level by throwing in a few choice personal digs, but I would prefer to keep it at least a little bit civil :yy:
    Baiting? Rofl what part of "Me and Luke are on good terms" don't you understand?
    It's been brought up, more times than you can imagine :rofl: and are aware of.

Lmao you've tried to take shots at me as a poster so you obviously remember all the types of posts I make and where I post. Funny enough those are the only two posts when I remember you so not my fault you don't strike any significance in my head

You wouldn't be able to go any lower because you've already failed. Accept you tried to be the hero and it backfired. Accept that you fired unnecessary shots at a regular poster and were wrong in doing so x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Wenger has pretty much ruled out Cech
    Was Cech ever an option though? Mourinho wouldn't even consider letting us buy Demba Ba, he would rather die than hand over a player of Cech's quality to a rival.

ReputationRep:
    Was Cech ever an option though? Mourinho wouldn't even consider letting us buy Demba Ba, he would rather die than hand over a player of Cech's quality to a rival.
    I bought the stories tbh, with all the comments from Mou saying that he'll allow Cech to pick. Made me think he knew of the possibility of him coming to Arsenal.

Cech = No
    Lloris = No
    Cassillas is probably just a stupid rumour to fuel the DDG speculation.

Can't see us going for a GK this year and theres a high chance of us not going for a CDM either.

What would be a realistic outcome of this transfer window?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Baiting? Rofl what part of "Me and Luke are on good terms" don't you understand?
    It's been brought up, more times than you can imagine :rofl: and are aware of.

Lmao you've tried to take shots at me as a poster so you obviously remember all the types of posts I make and where I post. Funny enough those are the only two posts when I remember you so not my fault you don't strike any significance in my head

You wouldn't be able to go any lower because you've already failed. Accept you tried to be the hero and it backfired x
    Obvious failure at comprehension again, and besides, I have won this either way. If I didn't win the debate, I still managed to make you mad, and show you up to be bitter and spiteful. If I did win the debate, then your rage is just a bonus. The only post of yours that I can remember is when you got mad at me for saying Islam is barbaric and cruel, but since this is the football forum and not the religion forum, lets just agree not to debate that tangential point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    I bought the stories tbh, with all the comments from Mou saying that he'll allow Cech to pick. Made me think he knew of the possibility of him coming to Arsenal.

Cech = No
    Lloris = No

Can't see us going for a GK this year and theres a high chance of us not going for a CDM either.

A left winger

ReputationRep:
    In other news, apparently Clyne has been given 10 days to decide his future :lol:

Would really have liked him here but it's so unlikely, rate the guy so highly. Reckon Jenko would emerge into a beast sooner or later anyway tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    A left winger
    Right ya mean? I'd assume Alexis has cemented his place on the LW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)

Cech = No
    Lloris = No

Yeah but you know what Mourinho is like. Probably said it was Cech's choice whilst behind the scenes doing everything possible to prevent Wenger from signing him. I never considered Cech a possibility, but if the rumours about Lloris' CL buyout clause are true, then he could be a serious possibility. Casillas is just one of those yearly rumours that link us to a Barcelona player. Last year actually happened with Sanchez, and this year it appears to be Cas and Pedro who are making the rounds.

A realistic outcome would be a very young CB with future potential, a talented but not first XI CM, and a pacey, short forward.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at the best poster on this thread being called out. Arsenal fans give me lols. Clear winner anyway, AR 1-0 Ass.

ReputationRep:
    Obvious failure at comprehension again, and besides, I have won this either way. If I didn't win the debate, I still managed to make you mad, and show you up to be bitter and spiteful. If I did win the debate, then your rage is just a bonus. The only post of yours that I can remember is when you got mad at me for saying Islam is barbaric and cruel, but since this is the football forum and not the religion forum, lets just agree not to debate that tangential point.
    No failure at comprehension here more so you won't back down because you fail to accept you were wrong in the first place

There's no debate here :rofl3:

Cliffs of what happened because it won't process for you x :

+Tried to call out another poster to look good
    +Gets called out back
    +Clutching at straws

You managed to make me mad? So basically you'e admitting to WUMing and therefore just as bad as the rest of them rofl (inb4 failure of comprehension)

+Calls me bitter and spiteful when fires unnecessary shots at other posters

Not that I remember quoting you on such thing but in any case I'm Athiest and rarely comment on religion so what you said probably must have been barbaric, not surprising considering this is someone who finds humour from including points about ISIS in his Arsenal posts :rolleyes:

Anyways nothing more to discuss until you accept you dun goofed

ReputationRep:
    Guys this thread will be temporarily locked if this continues. Little busy right now so can't go over but will be back in about 10 to review. Received lots of complaints already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    x
    Give up, I've moved on, you should too. Besides, I thought you said those two posts were the only ones of mine you remembered, so how do you remember the (now deleted) ISIS post as well? The fact you can't stop does show you are mad, and are showing bitterness or, as Shed would say, saltiness, at my post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceyFish)
    Lol at the best poster on this thread being called out. Arsenal fans give me lols. Clear winner anyway, AR 1-0 Ass.
    you what? :confused:

does he give you sexual favours or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    you what? :confused:

does he give you sexual favours or something?
    Who would you say it is then?

Also LP just lock the thread or bin it, I'll make a new one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Pls rectify situation
    why?
    it's funny

no but in all seriousness guys, if anybody is gonna implode the arsenal thread, at least let it be Shed End.

ReputationRep:
    Give up, I've moved on, you should too. Besides, I thought you said those two posts were the only ones of mine you remembered, so how do you remember the (now deleted) ISIS post as well? The fact you can't stop does show you are mad, and are showing bitterness or, as Shed would say, saltiness, at my post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceyFish)
    Who would you say it is then?

Also LP just lock the thread or bin it, I'll make a new one.
    obviously it's LP.
    i don't understand why you're even asking that question...

i agree.
    we make good threads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Guys this thread will be temporarily locked if this continues. Little busy right now so can't go over but will be back in about 10 to review. Received lots of complaints already.
    Cheers for showing up, as long as AR moves on, all is fine in the thread. :yy:

Any thoughts on the transfer window?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    why?
    it's funny

no but in all seriousness guys, if anybody is gonna implode the arsenal thread, at least let it be Shed End.

Basically just clarify it was banter which he's unable to comprehend.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.