x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society XVI watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I went home. Couldn't even survive an hour in school. My sister is on antibiotics for tonsillitis. I feel horrible personally but I don't care about her. I'm not a nice person, I'm horrible.

Hey guys, I submitted a mitigating circumstances form with a doctor's note saying that I have had significant symptoms of depression throughout the academic year which have severely affected my ability to study throughout the academic year. He's prescribed me Citalopram and I am meant to be seeing him in around two weeks' time. I submitted the form in after my exam, which was within the deadline; however, that's the only doctor's note I have to say that I'm depressed. Do you think it would still be considered?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey guys, I submitted a mitigating circumstances form with a doctor's note saying that I have had significant symptoms of depression throughout the academic year which have severely affected my ability to study throughout the academic year. He's prescribed me Citalopram and I am meant to be seeing him in around two weeks' time. I submitted the form in after my exam, which was within the deadline; however, that's the only doctor's note I have to say that I'm depressed. Do you think it would still be considered?
    I'm submitting ones too this week but I'm getting my psychiatrist to write them. It probably would be considered still.

ReputationRep:
    My personal tutor (who was also programme leader) used to say basically that if you had a drs note or sick note it was pretty much garunteed as they can rarely argue with that evidence...

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by PandaWho)
    My personal tutor (who was also programme leader) used to say basically that if you had a drs note or sick note it was pretty much garunteed as they can rarely argue with that evidence...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Even if he wrote it after exams?

ReputationRep:
    Im going to summer school this year and i'm so excited it's for dance and preforming arts and ahhhhhhhh! Cannot wait

ReputationRep:
    Even if he wrote it after exams?
    Yep, i handed in extenuating circs after the assessment deadline a few times and never got denied

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ED tw
    Spoiler:
    Show
    none of my clothes fit me any more I feel so fat and disgusting and gross and it's my own fault for being such a pig

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi what year are you in if you don't mind me asking?
    Stay strong x

ReputationRep:
    My doctor thinks I should go to hospital. Got it downgraded to an emergency appointment this afternoon, but **** I'm scared. Hospital was so unbelievably awful last time, I can't do it again. I'm so scared. I don't know what I should ssay to her. I'm just scared. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    My doctor thinks I should go to hospital. Got it downgraded to an emergency appointment this afternoon, but **** I'm scared. Hospital was so unbelievably awful last time, I can't do it again. I'm so scared. I don't know what I should ssay to her. I'm just scared. :cry2:
    :hugs: How come, do you feel like you're in danger of doing something? Am on skype if you wanna talk.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: I hope your appointment goes well. I know hospital is **** but if it keeps you safe then it may be for the best. Sorry to hear you are struggling saber. I really hope it goes well and you can come up with a decent plan along with your psych.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Can't do this, no point, I give up. scared. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    :hugs: I hope your appointment goes well. I know hospital is **** but if it keeps you safe then it may be for the best. Sorry to hear you are struggling saber. I really hope it goes well and you can come up with a decent plan along with your psych.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks BT I hope so too. My spouse said they'll come with me so hopefully I can persuade the psychiatrist that I'm safe with them around. That's the plan, it's just so ****ing scary. Like what if it's not good enough?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thanks BT I hope so too. My spouse said they'll come with me so hopefully I can persuade the psychiatrist that I'm safe with them around. That's the plan, it's just so ****ing scary. Like what if it's not good enough?
    Nothing to add but I know the pain of impending hospital and I'm praying for you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I'll light a candle for you. Sorry I can't add anything else, it's a bad day.

ReputationRep:
    cant do this cnat do this
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Struggling today...

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that. :hugs: stay strong! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Okay glad your other half is coming along. Let us know how it goes :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.