This discussion is closed.
JoeL1994
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Ahh ok...

Fair enough... 23 miles on a train that must take, what - all of 15 minutes?
Stopping service - 40 mins.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JoeL1994)
Christ and I thought 20 minutes was too much!
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ahh ok
(Original post by tehFrance)
Christ and I thought 20 minutes was too much!
Haha, my sister currently does an hour and 15 to get to work, but her company's offices are moving which is set to make it about 1 hour 30 - 1 hour 45
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
Haha, my sister currently does an hour and 15 to get to work, but her company's offices are moving which is set to make it about 1 hour 30 - 1 hour 45
It takes me 1hr roughly of actual train time (Train plus tube) or 1h30m if including walk to bus stop, bus to train station, train station to train station, walk from train station to tube, tube from south London to north London then walk from tube to office. This is why I hate my job, this is also why I wanted to quit until I got handed my notice :lol:

I'll be honest and say that coming home it's 2h easily :sad:
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It takes me 1hr roughly of actual train time (Train plus tube) or 1h30m if including walk to bus stop, bus to train station, train station to train station, walk from train station to tube, tube from south London to north London then walk from tube to office. This is why I hate my job, this is also why I wanted to quit until I got handed my notice :lol:

I'll be honest and say that coming home it's 2h easily :sad:
Yeh, I was including the train and tubes in that... she then drives to the station and walks at the other end... Generally our service to London is fairly reliable, but it's the coming home at the end which is a killer when it's constantly delayed...

You got handed your notice for what :rofl:
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
Yeh, I was including the train and tubes in that... she then drives to the station and walks at the other end... Generally our service to London is fairly reliable, but it's the coming home at the end which is a killer when it's constantly delayed...

You got handed your notice for what :rofl:
Yeah, it's a PITA. South West Trains is just dreadful but Southern is the worst of the lot.

For reasons I'd rather not disclose.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, it's a PITA. South West Trains is just dreadful but Southern is the worst of the lot.

Haha, I had to use Southern for a couple weeks back last summer and almost every day I was about 2 minutes within the time to claim refunds because of delays... It's a ****ing nightmare, and glad that's not the service we use for going up to London!!!

Fair enough
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
Haha, I had to use Southern for a couple weeks back last summer and almost every day I was about 2 minutes within the time to claim refunds because of delays... It's a ****ing nightmare, and glad that's not the service we use for going up to London!!!

Fair enough
Who do you use?
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Who do you use?
We use Chiltern Railways, which on the whole is fairly decent, which is just as well baring in mind they up until Summer are basically running a single line (almost anyway!)... still manages to get bloody annoying delays in the evenings though!
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Arriva Trains Wales. Case closed.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
Arriva Trains Wales. Case closed.
When we had extra carriages on my line going up to Wembley from Birmingham, they were using Arriva Wales trains - oh my god, I've never stood on such a ****ty carriage in my life!
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When we had extra carriages on my line going up to Wembley from Birmingham, they were using Arriva Wales trains - oh my god, I've never stood on such a ****ty carriage in my life!
They're actually owned by Deutsche Bahn - but you'd never guess.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They're actually owned by Deutsche Bahn - but you'd never guess.
No, I wouldnt... I'm glad I don't have to use their service every day...
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, I wouldnt... I'm glad I don't have to use their service every day...
As am I. The car is a lot more reliable, punctual and pleasant for travelling around in Mid Wales.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As am I. The car is a lot more reliable, punctual and pleasant for travelling around in Mid Wales.
Ahh, fair enough yeh!
JoeL1994
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We use Chiltern Railways, which on the whole is fairly decent, which is just as well baring in mind they up until Summer are basically running a single line (almost anyway!)... still manages to get bloody annoying delays in the evenings though!
Currently sat waiting for a Chiltern Railways train that's 25 minutes late. Prefer FGR personally
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Currently sat waiting for a Chiltern Railways train that's 25 minutes late. Prefer FGR personally
Haha - where you going from/to?
JoeL1994
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha - where you going from/to?
Banbury to Oxford, it's the service to reading though so I believe that I have got it wrong, it must be Crosscountry.

Never had an issue with the Chiltern Mainline whenever I've used it.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Banbury to Oxford, it's the service to reading though so I believe that I have got it wrong, it must be Crosscountry.

Never had an issue with the Chiltern Mainline whenever I've used it.
I don't think that'd be Chiltern because they've got the Bicester Town (1 of my local stations) closed at the moment, and from their network map it'd go through there... It should be the Manchester to Bournemouth with cross-country if you're doing that (I think!)

I've got no clue actually - might be FW
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have no rants about trains as I only get the London Underground, which tends to be pretty good.

Nevertheless, how is everyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (135)
62.79%
No I haven't decided yet (46)
21.4%
Yes but I might change my mind (34)
15.81%

Watched Threads