Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robins620)
    Not sure yet, some of my friends are planning to go out tonight, but nightclubs aren't really my thing. Nice meal this evening with family would be much nicer, got a few people to ring with the good news!

Didn't get a lot of sleep last night but there's no chance of me getting any now! Too excited!
    Well, you deserve everything that comes your way today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)

They've got a new VC who's super strict on grades

No way!! Oh well. Their loss

ReputationRep:
    N0t happy with my results at ad level (ABBB)

(Original post by Olymedeus)
    I love you
    Many people do.*

(I kid)*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    I liked neuroscience, but my grades aren't really good enough even for that (ABC and A*epq). My B and C were 2ums each off from the next grade up so I'm getting them remarked😥
    http://www.southampton.ac.uk/biosci/...oscience.page? is asking for BBB :ninjagirl: (and Soton often drop a grade for an A or above in EPQ anyway).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    Awful results (chemistry was a shock) so I'm going into clearing and have to scrap my medicine/ gap year plans 😭
    Sorry to hear this, is there no way of resitting and trying for medicine again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    I was just calling my university and I GOT INNNNNNNNNNNNN
    Congrats, where are you off to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Effie14)
    Just thought I'd update you:
    I've rang Bournemouth, (well, the woman who wanted to ring me about it) and the lady was extremely rude to me. Couldn't remember who she was speaking to despite me saying my name 4 times, and actively said that they didn't want me to go, despite my grades being fine.
    So I rang York St John, and they're very pleased to have me. The woman was lovely, and gave me lots of advice, so I'm going there!
    Every cloud eh?
    Sounds to me like you're going to a much happier, friendlier and better place then! Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    I've rang Bournemouth, (well, the woman who wanted to ring me about it) and the lady was extremely rude to me. Couldn't remember who she was speaking to despite me saying my name 4 times, and actively said that they didn't want me to go, despite my grades being fine.
    So I rang York St John, and they're very pleased to have me. The woman was lovely, and gave me lots of advice, so I'm going there!
    Every cloud eh?
    That's Bournemouth's loss and your gain. It's good to hear you've found a uni that values you though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY! :awesome: :woo: :party:

Congratulations! . Happy?

THANK YOUUUUUU SOOO MUCH, I can't believe it!!! I am SOO HAPPY
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Do many people do foundation year? I am thinking of doing it & im planning on resitting 4 exams as i got ACE and was 1 ums mark off each grade so whilst doing foundation year can i resit the 3 exams? So i can get A*BC? Or should i take a gap year and resit externally?

I got A*A*B. WHAT EVEN

The B from English Literature was a bit weird/unexpected :/ I got a low C, almost a D in the exam which I thought went really well. But the school is paying for mine and 3 others to be sent off for remarks because it's abnormal considering I got a high A in the coursework.

A* IN HISTORY THO HOW TF DID THAT HAPPEN I THOUGHT THE EXAM WAS A TRAINWRECK LOL

Well done to everyone, hope you're all happy with what you've got :heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    Sorry to hear this, is there no way of resitting and trying for medicine again?
    I considered it but I don't think I can face my teachers/ sixth form again! 😞

ReputationRep:
    Every cloud eh?
    That's so silly. There's no need to be rude.

It sounds like you've made the right choice for you :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy_hill)
    I got A*A*B. WHAT EVEN

The B from English Literature was a bit weird/unexpected :/ I got a low C, almost a D in the exam which I thought went really well. But the school is paying for mine and 3 others to be sent off for remarks because it's abnormal considering I got a high A in the coursework.

A* IN HISTORY THO HOW TF DID THAT HAPPEN I THOUGHT THE EXAM WAS A TRAINWRECK LOL

Congratulations with your epic grades! Have fun at Uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy_hill)
    I got A*A*B. WHAT EVEN

Was this AS or A2?

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm just curious...

What if I got ADU in my AS, could I potentially drop the U subject and do another AS for my A2 year? What if I also have another AS Level from a year ago which is in my results this year as well, could I drop the U subject for that one instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vlb206)
    Congrats, where are you off to?
    University of Sunderland to study MPharm

ReputationRep:
    I got ABC and my offer was ABB for biochem at warwick, I got the C in bio is it worth calling up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)

I'm pretty sure you can just withdraw, but you would need to re-apply. Do you want to defer your place?
    Just phoned UCAS, and they've withdrawn me. Na I just didn't want to do that course, and looking forward to a gap year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.