Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinawe)
    Oh man, I wish my school had offered this subject... these essays make it look like a free A*!
    Yh it's really easy to get an A* in RS. But I don't have much to write for this question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PriyaPaul)
    Can someone please help me with this question.

'The fact that there is so much religion in the world proves that God exists.'

Do you agree/ disagree. Give reasons for you answer. (I can't think of many reasons).

Thanks
    Agree
    -If there's so many people, it signifies there's a large chance they Can't all be wrong
    -Religion has occurred for centuries even through Scientific discoveries
    -There's different holy texts which have some stories which agree about Gods and therefore may mean they could be true. And Christians/Muslims will believe that their book is true and therefore a God must exist

Disagree
    -Many different texts conflict and so either most or all of them are wrong
    -Certain parts of these books have been proven wrong (such as There is equal number of ribs in males and females - Christians believed women had one less because Adam gave one to make Eve)
    -There's no proof of these books being correct, therefore we can't be certain

ReputationRep:
    Oh man, I wish my school had offered this subject... these essays make it look like a free A*!
    Yeah I'm going to count it as one of my 5 A*s I'm aiming for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    My school did but I chose not to do it ;'( mainly because my teacher was a weirdo - on the last lesson she came up to me and went on about how she adores my work and believes in me so much then was about to pat me on the shoulder and goes "It's against my teachers right to touch a student but I'd love to give you a pat on the back"

wut. The entire class burst out laughing and I was like :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rofl:

Maybe she just really liked your work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    My school did but I chose not to do it ;'( mainly because my teacher was a weirdo - on the last lesson she came up to me and went on about how she adores my work and believes in me so much then was about to pat me on the shoulder and goes "It's against my teachers right to touch a student but I'd love to give you a pat on the back"

wut. The entire class burst out laughing and I was like :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    o m g my teacher pats me on the back every week should I report them!!!!!1

ReputationRep:
    You think that's bad...

Spoiler:
    Show
    The head of welsh, she's really old and weird kind of scary... Anyway, I was walking into a computer room for French, and she comes out of her lesson, grabbed my arm and leaned into my ear and whispered "I loved your coursework"

ReputationRep:
    I tweeted 'I'm pretty sure "teachers name" hates me' and he found the Tweet. And was like 'I dont hate you' and all the time he brings it up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    You think that's bad...

Spoiler:
    Show
    The head of welsh, she's really old and weird kind of scary... Anyway, I was walking into a computer room for French, and she comes out of her lesson, grabbed my arm and leaned into my ear and whispered "I loved your coursework"
    horny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    horny
    Scary
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by PriyaPaul)
    Can someone please help me with this question.

'The fact that there is so much religion in the world proves that God exists.'

Do you agree/ disagree. Give reasons for you answer. (I can't think of many reasons).

Thanks
    I'll just type up a shortened Part E answer I'd give in the exam...(note my viewpoint is skewered towards opposing the statement, whilst in an exam you're expected to remain neutral and present both sides equally before giving your opinion)

This statement revolves around an adaptation of The Common Consent Argument for a Deity's existence. I initially believe this statement to be false, as the statement is not only a flawed argument but a logical infallacy in that it argues by Argumentum ad Populum (i.e. That many people can't be wrong).

Some Christians will argue that the presence of a belief in God throughout humanity's history is evidence for God's existence. Certainly, aspects of the bible advocate that man has forever tried to reach God and Heaven, such as the initial construction of the tower of Babel in the Old Testament. It is possible to interpret these stories as evidence that man has in history found God to exist, and since people were ambitious enough to construct a tower to reach him, they must have had strong reasoning for his existence.

However, there is a problem with this argument in that history has also proven that the popularity of a belief does not necessarily make it factually correct. Galileo's proposal of Heliocentricism, now accepted as being scientifically accurate, was often shot down by institutions such as the church because it contradicted the popular belief that the Earth is the centre of the Solar System (Geocentricism) rather than the Sun.

It could also be argued that the concept of religion is man-made. Religion is defined by the Cambridge Dictionary as "the belief in and worship of a god or gods, or any such system of belief and worship", but the source of this belief is not determined to exist from humanity's consciousness or God himself. If the source of religion is the former, the 'popularity' of religion lends no credence to those in favour of the statement.

Thus, I remain with the opinion that this statement is false. Whilst I acknowledge that the popularity of a belief generally originates from a reasonable argument, historical evidence as well as the lack of solidarity as to the origins of religion makes it a logical infallacy to argue the statement is correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    You think that's bad...

Spoiler:
    Show
    :eek: :eek2: :eek3: :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    I tweeted 'I'm pretty sure "teachers name" hates me' and he found the Tweet. And was like 'I dont hate you' and all the time he brings it up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unlucky

But isn't it a bit creepy how he found your tweet?:confused:
    Just a thought

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek2: :eek3: :eek4:
    Well, at least she loved it :dontknow:

Got 39/40 in that one :awesome: failed the rest though :emo: writing :shakecane:

ReputationRep:
    Lunch was lovely today A strange but tasty square wrap with chicken tikka chicken pieces in it with melted cheese accompanied by some doritos and a homemade cookie :awesome:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOOOOOL
    (Original post by gomg)
    o m g my teacher pats me on the back every week should I report them!!!!!1
    LOOOL - go ahead :P
    :rofl:

Maybe she just really liked your work
    :hmm: or she was obsessed, apparently she still talks about me in the GCSE class :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leechayy)
    Unlucky

But isn't it a bit creepy how he found your tweet?:confused:
    Just a thought
    He searches his name on twitter no my profile that would be creepy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lunch in the garden. Then a barbecue at a friends later

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He searches his name on twitter no my profile that would be creepy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOOOOL that's funny if a teacher searches their name and it comes up with students tweets

Does your school have that ratemyteachers site thing

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, which Pokémon should I play first? Platinum, Heart Gold or Hwite 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Hmm, which Pokémon should I play first? Platinum, Heart Gold or Hwite 2?
    Platinum is the best out of those three imo.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.