Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Hardly a backstab though as I was very open about it.
    It's hardly relevant if you proclaimed it or not. You betrayed your own party and its coalition partners by voting against their government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    http://hellomynameis.org.uk

Is this for real or just a bad joke?

“I made the stark observation that many staff looking after me did not introduce themselves before delivering my care. It felt incredibly wrong that such a basic step in communication was missing.”

Incredibly wrong… Incredibly… Wrong… Incredibly wrong… What the ****?! :confused:

Britain in five years: Offended for making eye contact, offended for not making eye contact, offended for just being.
    imagine wasting your last months on earth on a campaign for introducing yourself
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    It's hardly relevant if you proclaimed it or not. You betrayed your own party and its coalition partners by voting against their government.
    He didn't nessesaraly betray his coalition if he belived it was in their best interests to get out.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The same can be said for the Deputy Prime Minister, his deputy, and other Liberal MPs who are betraying their governmental partner by refusing to support a government bill in the Division Lobby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    It's great how you are avoiding the points you have no answer too...
    And again there are complex reasons why more water along with all the other factors caused a decline in growth. There are many articles out there written by people far smarter than I if you want to bother reading them. But if you are happy to wallow in ignorance then so be it.
    >accuses him of avoiding points

>"very...very complex raisons..."
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I was a proxy for THB, he said to vote aye. Get your facts right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banterboy)
    imagine wasting your last months on earth on a campaign for introducing yourself
    I don't think it is a waste at all. *Too many people lack some basic social skills of talking given that they have become used to technology as their only means of communication. *People who will email someone the other side of the office instead of walking over or even phoning, for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    It doesn't, but it creates a new level of intimacy and makes the patient feel more comfortable which is important when they're ill enough to warrant a hospital stay - instead of feeling that they're being dealt with by a succession of randoms, they feel that they have specific people looking after them, and that can help create more of a sense of safety and security.

Also, I don't know whether this is just the fact that I live in rural Kent where we do things in a more old-fashioned way, but there's a basic manners issue as well - round here, doing the kinds of things that someone working in a hospital might do for and around somebody and not introducing yourself would be considered an extreme act of rudeness and disrespect.
    gay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banterboy)
    Indeed, it's also rather sad, especially considering there are worthy causes for which a terminal disease can be leveraged to harness public support through social media.

(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    The same can be said for the Deputy Prime Minister, his deputy, and other Liberal MPs who are betraying their governmental partner by refusing to support a government bill in the Division Lobby.
    I guess that's the Liberal tax, nevertheless we're trying to correct this nuisance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    theres a difference between disagreeing with a government bill (our party are fine with it as long as you state the fact before the vote with your reasons, so we can amend it and also can assume it has the support of the party) and voting your government out of office to be fair

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for this revelation.

ReputationRep:
    27th British prime minister.

Staying in power down under.

Staying in power in Norway, Jordan, Bhutan, and Myanmar.

Japanese Emperor abdicating in favour of his Oxonian son.

Going into power in Perú in a few days.

Who else but Oxford? #WhenWillTheTabs
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    How do we know you're not lying, it's hardly unknown that you never want to be away from Labour
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    How do we know you're not lying, it's hardly unknown that you never want to be away from Labour
    Ask him. :rolleyes:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    10 by elections tonight, ukip didn't even have a candidate in their defence, and one of the labour seats goingto a recount, understood to be a tory gain.

Confirmed now, just over 6% swing. I wonder how much is May and how much is the Labour civil war

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    10 by elections tonight, ukip didn't even have a candidate in their defence, and one of the labour seats goingto a recount, understood to be a tory gain.

Confirmed now, just over 6% swing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do we have a list of the vote swings and locations.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Do we have a list of the vote swings and locations.
    It was one of the Selby wards

All the by elections are council ofc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Gwynedd (Y Felinheli) result:
    PC: 92.6%
    CON: 7.4%
    PC previously elected unopposed.

:mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Having just seen voting on the trade union ect. Bill I'm glad I left the liberals. Being whipped by the right is the one thing I truly hated and I would have caused as much trouble as I could in government and blocked everything I had the power to block.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Aph)
    Having just seen voting on the trade union ect. Bill I'm glad I left the liberals. Being whipped by the right is the one thing I truly hated and I would have caused as much trouble as I could in government and blocked everything I had the power to block.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And it's why we're glad you left the Liberals as well - and quite frankly, why we made sure you weren't a SoS xD

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.