Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
special1ne
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
What do you want to do? I'd love to be good at a subject, but academics are not for me - just not who I am.
Right now I do AS Economics (which I want to do at university), Maths, Psychology (which I'm dropping this year) and Sociology. What do you do instead of academics e.g. are you working instead of at university?
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by special1ne)
Right now I do AS Economics (which I want to do at university), Maths, Psychology (which I'm dropping this year) and Sociology. What do you do instead of academics e.g. are you working instead of at university?
I went to uni... for 6 months. I hated it. Everything was wrong and I was more depressed than I've ever been before... That was just my personal experience though.

I've now got a job in a hospital (I'm a healthcare assistant - very low old style nurse, basically, but with none of the nurse stuff) and I really enjoy it, I'm looking to train as either a paramedic or a nurse in a few years time. A lot of my job is patient care and interaction - Something that can't really be taught. If I wasn't doing this kind of job though then I'd probably be working at a riding school or something.

(P.S, I dropped Psych at AS too :p:)
special1ne
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I went to uni... for 6 months. I hated it. Everything was wrong and I was more depressed than I've ever been before... That was just my personal experience though.

I've now got a job in a hospital (I'm a healthcare assistant - very low old style nurse, basically, but with none of the nurse stuff) and I really enjoy it, I'm looking to train as either a paramedic or a nurse in a few years time. A lot of my job is patient care and interaction - Something that can't really be taught. If I wasn't doing this kind of job though then I'd probably be working at a riding school or something.

(P.S, I dropped Psych at AS too )
You ride horses? Wow that sounds fun, wish I could ride a horse, but I'm scared of falling over and stuff. Well at least you're doing something that you want to do, not being swayed in any particular path you don't want to go on. Wish I could have more control over my life, instead of being so scared of everyone and everything
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You ride horses? Wow that sounds fun, wish I could ride a horse, but I'm scared of falling over and stuff. Well at least you're doing something that you want to do, not being swayed in any particular path you don't want to go on. Wish I could have more control over my life, instead of being so scared of everyone and everything
Yeah, I've ridden since I was 5 - Currently though, I'm at the end of a 5 month break and have my first lesson since January on Saturday. Falling doesn't bother me at all. If I fall off, well, I either dust myself off unharmed or they phone an ambulance which has morphine on board so it's all good! :p: I'm pretty fearless around them nowadays, not sure if that's a good trait though.

The one thing that I've learnt in the last year is that you can't make yourself something you're not, it's like shoving a round peg into a square hole. You might not have any control in your view but you really do - You can make yourself a great economist... or you could sit there and wish to be a great economist. I can sit on a horse and make him go over a high jump - Or I can sit there, and hope he goes over it, doesn't mean he'll do it if I don't take control.
special1ne
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, I've ridden since I was 5 - Currently though, I'm at the end of a 5 month break and have my first lesson since January on Saturday. Falling doesn't bother me at all. If I fall off, well, I either dust myself off unharmed or they phone an ambulance which has morphine on board so it's all good! I'm pretty fearless around them nowadays, not sure if that's a good trait though.

The one thing that I've learnt in the last year is that you can't make yourself something you're not, it's like shoving a round peg into a square hole. You might not have any control in your view but you really do - You can make yourself a great economist... or you could sit there and wish to be a great economist. I can sit on a horse and make him go over a high jump - Or I can sit there, and hope he goes over it, doesn't mean he'll do it if I don't take control.
That's true, but I hate how I naturally find myself changing to fit in to everyone else's expectations, and how my family control me. It's like I'm a pushover (tbh I am) and anyone who chooses to take advantage of me is able to do so. Not good :|. Anyway I'm off to bed so see you around :hugs: x
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That's true, but I hate how I naturally find myself changing to fit in to everyone else's expectations, and how my family control me. It's like I'm a pushover (tbh I am) and anyone who chooses to take advantage of me is able to do so. Not good :|. Anyway I'm off to bed so see you around :hugs: x
It'll come for you, it takes a bit of time but it'll happen. One day you'll sit up and realise where you want to go in life for the next few years, and you'll be happy with how you're getting there. Might be 6 months, might a year, might even be 10, 20 or 30 years, but when you figure it out - You'll know. Keep on going with what you're doing now and keep your mind open, so you're prepared when you find out, but don't focus too much on what other people want. Do what you can to please them, but remember - You have to live with yourself when you get to 90, not them.

You sound so much like me! G'night :hugs:
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is anyone around?
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by diamonddust)
Is anyone around?
Hi :hugs:, what's up?
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 9 years ago
Is anyone around?
I'm failing, but I'm here. What's up? :hugs:
saoirse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is anyone around?
Yup
diamonddust
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sorry guys, my internet failed right after I posted. There wasn't really anything wrong, I just couldn't sleep. Are you all ok? I hope you are. xx
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sorry guys, my internet failed right after I posted. There wasn't really anything wrong, I just couldn't sleep. Are you all ok? I hope you are. xx
:hugs: Glad you're ok.
diamonddust
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
:hugs: Glad you're ok.
Aw, thank you! How are you feeling Jonathan?
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Aw, thank you! How are you feeling Jonathan?
I'm ok I guess. Getting by anyway .
Vienna Cannon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:cry:
is life really worth this pain:cry:
the voices keep telling me its so quick so painless it could be done so quick i've been so close to doing it to get away from the voices
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Vienna Cannon)
:cry:
is life really worth this pain:cry:
the voices keep telling me its so quick so painless it could be done so quick i've been so close to doing it to get away from the voices
It's worth it darling, trust me.

Don't give in to them, you're so much more than that. :hugs:
Vienna Cannon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's worth it darling, trust me.

Don't give in to them, you're so much more than that. :hugs:
:cry: I dont feel stron enough any more. They are always right, I always hurt I have never helped any one i just make everyone worse. My mum wants to kick me out my ex wont leave me alone and It hurts so much inside I just dont want this pain any more. I am so close just to going back to the shell I once was. Its better for so many people that way
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:cry: I dont feel stron enough any more. They are always right, I always hurt I have never helped any one i just make everyone worse. My mum wants to kick me out my ex wont leave me alone and It hurts so much inside I just dont want this pain any more. I am so close just to going back to the shell I once was. Its better for so many people that way
:console: You are strong enough, you're so much stronger than them. It's not, we all touch so many people in our lives in positive ways and unfortunatly sometimes we don't realise it, but you do :hugs: They're not right.
Vienna Cannon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:console: You are strong enough, you're so much stronger than them. It's not, we all touch so many people in our lives in positive ways and unfortunatly sometimes we don't realise it, but you do :hugs: They're not right.
:cry: i want to give in to them, i want to give in to this pain
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:cry: i want to give in to them, i want to give in to this pain
No, you can do this. You don't want to go there, trust me. :hugs:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (524)
37.59%
No - but I will (109)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (665)
47.7%

Watched Threads