The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wattsy
Bradley and Caldwell had a 5 year plan

So did Stalin :h:
Reply 8701
Original post by Wattsy
**** off you! :colondollar: Your Patriots 1st round pick has no knees!

Bradley and Caldwell had a 5 year plan, they clearly feel that Bortles can accelerate the 5 year plan and that's why they pulled the trigger at 3, that was the criteria for going QB at #3 and they've stuck rigidly to the plan so far! Not big on my 7-9 prediction now though, Henne can't win 7 games in a season and nor can Bortles in current state. The Cowboys actually made a really good looking pick too instead of the usually idiocy so I'm less happy with my Wembley game. This is a bit like when Moyes' got hired at Man U, I'm like errrmmm but the fan in you says trust your guy to make the right choices, that didn't turn out so well though did it?! Second times a charm maybe? The whole organisation has bought into Bortles and have said they'll give him as long as he needs so that's a great environment to promote development unlike Moyes who was put in by one man. If he turns into Ben Roethlisberger II then in 6 years everyone will be singing the praises of the pick.

The Jags need a receiver, another running back for the committee, a tight end, a centre. Basically they need anything that's not a tackle with the next picks, the more the merrier!

He'll never even be close to Ben Roethlisberger with that arm. No way they let a #3 pick sit for very long either, and if they don't get him a better O-Line then he'll end up burnt out and scared of his own shadow like what happened to David Carr (especially playing against the Texans twice a year).
Original post by cant_think_of_name

Sweet! If only Jags could work that into a slogan I'd love them even more.
Great first round from the Rams, selecting the best OT and DT in the entire draft.

I must admit that Aaron Donald kind of flew under my radar, mainly because I thought he'd be gone by 13 and I wasn't sure whether the Rams saw DT as a position to strengthen. But, having watched his highlights and hearing/reading the glowing reviews of experts, I am so excited to see him link up with Long, Quinn and Brockers. Not to mention Hayes and Langford as back-up! Best D-Line in the NFL, anyone? :tongue:
Original post by cant_think_of_name

Yeah I nearly wrote this myself, all the political crazies had them, Mao, Modern day China has them, so does North Korea!

Original post by alow
He'll never even be close to Ben Roethlisberger with that arm. No way they let a #3 pick sit for very long either, and if they don't get him a better O-Line then he'll end up burnt out and scared of his own shadow like what happened to David Carr (especially playing against the Texans twice a year).

Cowboy with a crystal ball again... You don't get the Jags mentality I rather wish you'd stop talking and actually do some reading on what the Jaguars have had to say. They're not Jerry Jones, they'll sit him for as long as they want. Arm strength is the most overrated stat for a QB and he's still over-average according to his draft profile.

As for the O-Line They have Joeckel at LT, he's your most important player in the line, Beadles and Rackley are both passable guards they need a Centre and Pazstor is set at RT. Free Agency was where they addressed the majority of O-Line issues, Centre is still pending, I'd expect to see one in round 2 or 3. Then really you're on a weapon chase because defence isn't in bad shape except pass rushers and you can never have enough of those! They might even get Blackmon back in at WR giving them CS3 who's a solid number 2 guy, Sanders who's a prospect, whoever they draft at WR; with 10 picks to go they will get someone, and Denard Robinson to be that guy who can basically do everything. With Robinson, Gerhart to get you the donkey yards and I assume a drat prospect with a bit more quickness or twitch at RB then the Jags might not be in terrible shape! They're not going to be winning Superbowls any time soon but they'll be far more competitive than in recent years. Expect them to tack on 1 more win just because they no longer have Blaine Gabbert!

P.S. Also love the Rams draft, in a division where defence wins championships the Rams may have just entered the conversation.
(edited 9 years ago)
Josh Gordon facing 1 year suspension! I am gutted, the Browns couldn't buy a break!

http://http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/10908822/josh-gordon-cleveland-browns-faces-season-long-suspension
Reply 8706
Just knew it'd be about weed once I saw his name. It'd be stupid on all fronts if they banned him. Just give him a 4 game suspicion or something. Not like the rule isn't stupid itself.
Love Marquise Lee falling to the Jags! Thought the Browns would have snapped him up for sure!
Do not like that Lamarcus Joyner pick. Too small and, even in his highlight package, it showed him dropping 3 easy passes during drills.

Can't see him fitting in as a safety either and a 2nd round pick is a little too much for a nickel corner that's going to get bullied by bigger receivers.
Drafting Brady's replacement already :sad:
Original post by Malevolent

They said that about Mallett too!

In other draft news Cleveland went from 'winning' on day one to having their season in jeopardy on day 2. I wish round 1 was at round 2 pace, following yesterdays action (until my internet broke as the Hawks were making their 1st pick of the day (Thanks Richard Branson, you're a dickhead)) was so much more fun than round 1, tonight I won't have a clue who half of the dudes even are but the picks will be coming so thick and fast that I won't care!

I liked yesterdays Jags draft at reciever, I won't even pretend to know who that guard was or how you even play guard. All I know is that I want to see an RB and a C picked up by the Jags! Gus doesn't think the O-Line is a massive issue though so maybe they won't draft a centre.
Reply 8711
Original post by Malevolent

At least they're drafting him while Brady's still there! There would be no one better for Garappolo to learn from :smile:
hand egg is a boring sport tbh. I played it quite a bit in highschool. Pissed me off how the game just stopped and started every few seconds and you could barely actually do any 'playing'

Rugby much more fun and action packed
Original post by alow
At least they're drafting him while Brady's still there! There would be no one better for Garappolo to learn from :smile:

Yeah but Im just sad, knew it would have to happen soon but didn't think now :sad:

Original post by ChickenMadness
hand egg is a boring sport tbh. I played it quite a bit in highschool. Pissed me off how the game just stopped and started every few seconds and you could barely actually do any 'playing'

get out of here.

The door is on your right, please see yourself out...

That has really changed my opinion on this sport. Thank you.

Spoiler

We're officially in pin the tail on the donkey territory... Anyone have any people they'd like their teams to pick up?

I would like to see Storm Johnson UCF RB to the Jags, he's a one season wonder for sure but he played with Blake and was effective at UCF. Who is now the 222nd pick of the NFL Draft. Go Jags, enjoyed this draft a lot!

And Michael Sam (who had a late round grade) comes off late! No homophobia issue in the NFL and the Rams is a great landing spot!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8717
Definitely going to be rooting for the Rams to do well this year now!
Man love Jeremy gallon from michigan but **** is he undersized...
Original post by alow
Definitely going to be rooting for the Rams to do well this year now!

That pick was the cherry on top of a wonderful draft for us.

The reaction from the crowd was amazing to watch, not to mention the ESPN footage of him getting the call. It just annoys me that, without a shadow of a doubt, some teams would have taken him off their draft boards entirely for reasons other than his poor pro-day performance.

Shame about that Miami safety as well, who I hope comes face-to-face with Sam on the field (probably on special teams or something) and gets absolutely drilled by him.

Latest