Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Hmm, which Pokémon should I play first? Platinum, Heart Gold or Hwite 2?
    HG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    LOOOOL that's funny if a teacher searches their name and it comes up with students tweets

Does your school have that ratemyteachers site thing
    I've seen some of my teachers on there a while ago. Don't know if they all/ still have it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Garden on a sunny day. Beauty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    I've seen some of my teachers on there a while ago. Don't know if they all/ still have it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That exists :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    On the trampoline... Revision notes at the ready :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    On the trampoline... Revision notes at the ready :yy:
    I would do that but I haven't washed my hair since Thursday and I don't want to be judged by my neighbours

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahiscool)
    same not stalking here ( well ok maybe a bit ) but what school do you go to?

I go to queenswood

ReputationRep:
    I would do that but I haven't washed my hair since Thursday and I don't want to be judged by my neighbours

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :lolwut: okay...

Here's a picture of the sky

Name:  1367846873664.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  43.0 KB

Excuse my finger...

And here are my notes :mmm:

Name:  1367846907550.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  52.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BuddingAchiever)
    I go to queenswood
    That's not that far away from me, just trying to think of anyone I know who goes there in our year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is it oily?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Is it oily?
    Much to budes delightment ... yes ... yes it is

Wow someone must be having fun negging all of us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    That exists :lolwut:
    Yeah. It did anyway. Dont know if schools actually knew

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i'm watching this years eurovision entries and can safely say UK will not win (surprise surprise) but I do think we have a chance of top 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    i'm watching this years eurovision entries and can safely say UK will not win (surprise surprise) but I do think we have a chance of top 10
    I dont, even if we do have someone decent we still struggle to get into the top 10

ReputationRep:
    i know this is kind of random but ive been accepted into townley grammar n chis n sid grammar n haberdashers, problem is the grammar schools are like 1hr 15 mins away from home by train, where as habs is 30 mins tops by bus, which sixth form should i go to?? and why?

ReputationRep:
    That's not that far away from me, just trying to think of anyone I know who goes there in our year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What school do you go to ? AND IS ANYONE TAKING THE FRENCH OR SPANISH IGCSE EDEXCEL THIS YEAR? DO YOU GUY HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT TOPICS MAY COME UP ? FOR FRENCH, ENVIRONMENT HAS NOT COME UP FOR A WHILE BUT I'M NOT TOO SURE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    I'll just type up a shortened Part E answer I'd give in the exam...(note my viewpoint is skewered towards opposing the statement, whilst in an exam you're expected to remain neutral and present both sides equally before giving your opinion)

This statement revolves around an adaptation of The Common Consent Argument for a Deity's existence. I initially believe this statement to be false, as the statement is not only a flawed argument but a logical infallacy in that it argues by Argumentum ad Populum (i.e. That many people can't be wrong).

Some Christians will argue that the presence of a belief in God throughout humanity's history is evidence for God's existence. Certainly, aspects of the bible advocate that man has forever tried to reach God and Heaven, such as the initial construction of the tower of Babel in the Old Testament. It is possible to interpret these stories as evidence that man has in history found God to exist, and since people were ambitious enough to construct a tower to reach him, they must have had strong reasoning for his existence.

However, there is a problem with this argument in that history has also proven that the popularity of a belief does not necessarily make it factually correct. Galileo's proposal of Heliocentricism, now accepted as being scientifically accurate, was often shot down by institutions such as the church because it contradicted the popular belief that the Earth is the centre of the Solar System (Geocentricism) rather than the Sun.

It could also be argued that the concept of religion is man-made. Religion is defined by the Cambridge Dictionary as "the belief in and worship of a god or gods, or any such system of belief and worship", but the source of this belief is not determined to exist from humanity's consciousness or God himself. If the source of religion is the former, the 'popularity' of religion lends no credence to those in favour of the statement.

Thus, I remain with the opinion that this statement is false. Whilst I acknowledge that the popularity of a belief generally originates from a reasonable argument, historical evidence as well as the lack of solidarity as to the origins of religion makes it a logical infallacy to argue the statement is correct.
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    Agree
    -If there's so many people, it signifies there's a large chance they Can't all be wrong
    -Religion has occurred for centuries even through Scientific discoveries
    -There's different holy texts which have some stories which agree about Gods and therefore may mean they could be true. And Christians/Muslims will believe that their book is true and therefore a God must exist

Disagree
    -Many different texts conflict and so either most or all of them are wrong
    -Certain parts of these books have been proven wrong (such as There is equal number of ribs in males and females - Christians believed women had one less because Adam gave one to make Eve)
    -There's no proof of these books being correct, therefore we can't be certain

Thanks soo much guys. That was really helpful :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    :lolwut: okay...

Here's a picture of the sky

Name:  1367846873664.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  43.0 KB

Excuse my finger...

And here are my notes :mmm:

Name:  1367846907550.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  52.6 KB
    Politics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    UK never win. Must be because we've invaded most of them at some point ours suck All the time anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PriyaPaul)
    Politics
    Ja, politics

And foreign policy too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.