Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parano!d)
    didnt you get banned on ur other account cos u called someone a ******
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Would probably just offer £5 a person, pay by cheque and then let them bounce or something after.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Amazing :laugh:
    Alternatively, get involved with one of those religious do gooder groups. The kind where they all stand around eating sandwiches on Sunday afternoons after chapel. Those kunts would offer to do it for you and probably get their mates involved too.

Or could go to an alcoholics/gamblers/narcotics anonymous meeting and say youre considering getting back on the grog because you cant find people to do your survey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    I could not tell if it was in jest or a serious type of baiting. Internet words on screens.

Anyway, it's just an internet forum so no harm done. And anyway, I get a lot of the "are you gay/bi?" questions from student flatmates in the past (virtually every one). I am used to it.
    As much as I hate the word nowadays, it's lighthearted 'banter'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    As much as I hate the word nowadays, it's lighthearted 'banter'.
    Instinct is a #banter #lad #zante2014 type of guy amirite

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Instinct is a #banter #lad #zante2014 type of guy amirite

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Far from it. What's zante?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I said a comment that gay people can be gay at home but I dislike it when people are overly homo-sexualised in public.

I retain the statement and would say the same for heterosexual people. If I said 'he can eat her pussy at home I don't give a damn about it but don't do it in public' I wouldn't have been banned yet it's the exact same thing I said wrt homosexual people(with different anatomy used) and I got banned for it for being homophobic.
    yer this is spot on tbh.

Like strolling through Hackney Marshes, dont need to see two lads at it in the bushes. Premier Inn prices these days are cheap FFS

ReputationRep:
    I said a comment that gay people can be gay at home but I dislike it when people are overly homo-sexualised in public.

I retain the statement and would say the same for heterosexual people. If I said 'he can eat her pussy at home I don't give a damn about it but don't do it in public' I wouldn't have been banned yet it's the exact same thing I said wrt homosexual people and I got banned for it for being homophobic.
    Fair enough tbh.

I was on the train recently and a guy was sucking on another guys neck on the seats opposite me. That was a pretty awkward and uncomfortable few minutes.

ReputationRep:

I retain the statement and would say the same for heterosexual people. If I said 'he can eat her pussy at home I don't give a damn about it but don't do it in public' I wouldn't have been banned yet it's the exact same thing I said wrt homosexual people(with different anatomy used) and I got banned for it for being homophobic.

I.e. All kinds of public displays of affection/whore-ishness/flamboyancy. I do find it very nauseous in general tbh.

I find the whole gay pride/pink thing a bit cringe really.

ReputationRep:
    To extent, I got carried away. And because I know that I will never have a family (personal reasons) so I can do what I want to really without consideration for a future wife. If I know that I am going to settle down in the future with wife and kids I would never have been like that. Anyway, nice talking football misc, I don't feel comfortable posting here any longer. Those who I like here know who they are.
    Mr Ford, I think you're a cracking poster, and I enjoy discussions and your contributions. I think you have a lot to offer the TSR Football threads and you shouldn't leave.

Only you can define your sexuality, it's not for anybody else to do that. And the reality is, you've had more women than all of us on here put together. If I needed advice on (how to get) women, you'd be the guy I'd go to.

Sometimes people on here are quite aggressive and are looking to turn to personal insults very quickly, I've had that based on my controversial football opinions (and sometimes political opinions). It's best not to rise to it. The man who turns to personal digs is already losing the debate.

ReputationRep:
    yer this is spot on tbh.

Like strolling through Hackney Marshes, dont need to see two lads at it in the bushes. Premier Inn prices these days are cheap FFS
    This sounds like the start to another classic Zurich anecdote.

Carry on son...

ReputationRep:
    Any dissertation completed with the assistance of this thread aint worth the paper its written on tbh
    data is data, even from people like you

(Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    How else do you expect him to get people to do it? Not like the data is inherently important to the grade anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    not gonna lie, i do expect more introverts as a result of advertising primarily on TSR, however personality isn't the primary focus anyway so i don't expect it will matter all that much.

(Original post by Isometrix)
    I'm finding some of these q's challenging. I do like a challenge though.
    which ones - do you mean the maths ones or the prediction ones?

or are you struggling with simply demographics?

(Original post by sr90)
    Someone I know did a Psychology dissertation last year, and they had a mare trying to find participants. Posting flyers/ads all over campus, spamming dozens of uni Facebook groups, nagging all her friends to tell all their friends etc. Don't see how using TSR is any different tbh.
    Said it in jest

When I did my dissertation all the data I needed could be downloaded with the click of a button so sounds a nightmare having to collect it that way.

Would probably just offer £5 a person, pay by cheque and then let them bounce or something after.
    guys it's a total ballache.
    however it's nothing in comparison to having to book people in to appointments in the psychology research areas and see people one at a time.

i'll get the numbers in the end - all i have to do is nag people and wait for a response :cool:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Please don't talk about bans in here...

ReputationRep:
    I.e. All kinds of public displays of affection/whore-ishness/flamboyancy. I do find it very nauseous in general tbh.

I find the whole gay pride/pink thing a bit cringe really.
    Precisely.

The slut pride and some feminist marches are even worse though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    Mr Ford, I think you're a cracking poster, and I enjoy discussions and your contributions. I think you have a lot to offer the TSR Football threads and you shouldn't leave.

Only you can define your sexuality, it's not for anybody else to do that. And the reality is, you've had more women than all of us on here put together. If I needed advice on (how to get) women, you'd be the guy I'd go to.

Sometimes people on here are quite aggressive and are looking to turn to personal insults very quickly, I've had that based on my controversial football opinions (and sometimes political opinions). It's best not to rise to it. The man who turns to personal digs is already losing the debate.
    Thank you, yes and I agree. I find the core of the regulars fine tbh, we have been here for years by now. In my previous guises I was Mr Vain and the mods have decided to just let me off because tbh I have grown up from trying to disrupt the forum. The current mod team here is a lot better than the old one, tbh the old mods just tried to penalise everything. Whereas now it is a lot more self-governing and tighter knit (well, for an internet forum) than it used to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    This sounds like the start to another classic Zurich anecdote.

Carry on son...
    Oh yeah seen it a few times, moreso on Hampstead heath. Used to booze there in the parks when we were underage and mug off the old fellas you'd see casually walking about obviously looking for rough trade. This was in the days before grindr or any of that so they'd literally just have to make eye contact and sort of nod towards the place were it all went down. ****ing madness.

Also was in a gay bar with some mates a few years back and some fella tried to casually follow me into the cubicle like it was all implicitly agreed.

He was all :

Whereas I was like:

shiaaaaaat, at least buy me a drink first mate, not that easy am I?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    LFC sucks
    Done it for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Done it for you
    nice edit you got there -_-

thanks man, cherish the rep <3

ReputationRep:
    Precisely.

The slut pride and some feminist marches are even worse though.
    Yes Jam. Just to say I staunchly agree with everything you are saying. I find some sorts of people almost do it deliberately to rub it in your face. There's nothing I hate more than people ramming their cultures down your throats.

I'd be absolutely disgusted if I had a daughter and she participated in slut walk. It's an appalling decline of decent values in society. And don't get me started on the Feminazi's on university campuses. Real feminism I support, but what the word has become associated with, is utter nonsense.

I don't want to give my full views as I'm worried about a ban in an era of political correctness gone mad, but Melanie Phillips, I'm not even a social conservative and I staunchly agree with you.

Thank you, yes and I agree. I find the core of the regulars fine tbh, we have been here for years by now. In my previous guises I was Mr Vain and the mods have decided to just let me off because tbh I have grown up from trying to disrupt the forum. The current mod team here is a lot better than the old one, tbh the old mods just tried to penalise everything. Whereas now it is a lot more self-governing and tighter knit (well, for an internet forum) than it used to be.
    Yeah man. I didn't know the old moderators, but in SR90, Lyrical and River, we couldn't ask for a better mod team, lovely folk.

ReputationRep:
    i kinda want zurich to take it just to see his results.

i'm sure he'd find a way to put one of his stories in an answer box somewhere...

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah seen it a few times, moreso on Hampstead heath. Used to booze there in the parks when we were underage and mug off the old fellas you'd see casually walking about obviously looking for rough trade. This was in the days before grindr or any of that so they'd literally just have to make eye contact and sort of nod towards the place were it all went down. ****ing madness.

Also was in a gay bar with some mates a few years back and some fella tried to casually follow me into the cubicle like it was all implicitly agreed.

shiaaaaaat, at least buy me a drink first mate, not that easy am I?
    Nah he saw you go in and he slid a note underneath.

You laughed at it but then realised you needed money to pay for the week's rent:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 5, 2015
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.