• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    So Zopi kinda nocked me out, but made me sleep till half 2 :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You slept though which is good!

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    got to that pathetic stage where I cant hold it together in public. cried all the way round town today. couldn't even give a **** tbh. im just too pathetic
    :jumphug:

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Passed out in bed for two hours. Couldn't get out of bed again til now. Bang goes my productive day :sad:
    :console: Do you feel any better now? Also, guess what I just got told I looked like (and yes, it was as random as it sounds)? :eek:

(Original post by TeaLeaves93)
    Hey guys :awesome:
    I'm new here.....!

My mum was diagnosed with breast cancer 6 years ago and it is now terminal. She is 100% dependent and is in a wheelchair. I'm in my final year at university and I'm really, really struggling to keep up with everything. I'm going home every tuesday so that my dad can get out the house and vent, work or whatever. Obviously it's taking a massive toll on my uni work etc and I'm really worried I've been feeling really down for about 6 months now and it is starting to take over me. I'm tired all the time because I can't switch my brain off at night and stop thinking about everything. I feel sad and negative all the time, anti social, sad and isolated all the time. Has anyone else experienced this?
    That's awful, I'm so sorry for you As others have said, have you considered going part-time or taking a year out? I know it would be difficult particularly with your mum having said that you shouldn't, but if it sounds like it would make things a lot easier for both you and your dad and that in turn will probably help your mum to see that you're coping, or at least not struggling as much. As for the last part, I know exactly what you mean, I do it frequently! Have you tried listening to music or doing something to distract yourself? I know I can't actually go to sleep with music on (although some people do), but it does help to calm me down and stop me thinking about things so that I might be able to go to sleep when I turn it off :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by furryface12)
    :console: Do you feel any better now? Also, guess what I just got told I looked like (and yes, it was as random as it sounds)? :eek:
    Feeling a bit better now. Just so behind on reading already, urgh :emo:

I've no idea. Gimme a clue? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Having a laptop to make notes on slides in lectures is helping so much! Will be even better when j have my recording equipment!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    so nervous about tomorrow.

everything about it makes me want to scream.

why, why does my school make me do this stupid interview thing. i dont even have a cv.

ReputationRep:
    :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    i'm good thanks, just at home working on my christmas presents.
    christmas?!

Christmas?

Edit: Why won't TSR let me capitalise whole words?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Feeling a bit better now. Just so behind on reading already, urgh :emo:

I've no idea. Gimme a clue? :ninja:
    Good Ahh, reading... I don't envy you there, I can barely even manage a news article at the minute, my concentration is terrible! Do you know which bits are more important than others/might actually be useful to you so you can focus on them?

Can't think of a clue so I'll just have to tell you
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A (half-drowned) lonely goatherd! :eek3:

(Original post by guitaristemily)

why, why does my school make me do this stupid interview thing. i dont even have a cv.
    Good luck! Maybe try and prepare for it as well as you can so you're less likely to be thrown when you're in there? If it's for coming back to sixth form or something, at least they know what you're like already so it hopefully shouldn't matter too much if it doesn't go as well as you hoped :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :bawling:
    Poke me on Facebook if you need to/wanna chat. I'm reading but my phone does ping when someone messages me there

Good Ahh, reading... I don't envy you there, I can barely even manage a news article at the minute, my concentration is terrible! Do you know which bits are more important than others/might actually be useful to you so you can focus on them?

Can't think of a clue so I'll just have to tell you
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A (half-drowned) lonely goatherd! :eek3:
    Yeah, I think I know what I have to read. I'm hoping it'll be enough to please my tutor. She seems to like me and I don't want her to change her mind and decide I'm a dunce

:eek3: :ahee: :teehee: about the spoiler

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! Maybe try and prepare for it as well as you can so you're less likely to be thrown when you're in there? If it's for coming back to sixth form or something, at least they know what you're like already so it hopefully shouldn't matter too much if it doesn't go as well as you hoped :hugs:
    im a young'un. im only in year 11.

they are making us do mock job interviews. with a panel. and theres more tahn 1 person on the panels, i think. they are going to ask weird questions and i dont have a cv like the rest of my year becuase of the fact mine isnt done yet and i dont even know where to start and i feel like i might have a panic attack when i get there and its scarying me completey.

ReputationRep:
    Poke me on Facebook if you need to/wanna chat. I'm reading but my phone does ping when someone messages me there

Yeah, I think I know what I have to read. I'm hoping it'll be enough to please my tutor. She seems to like me and I don't want her to change her mind and decide I'm a dunce

Would you be happy to poke me when you're done? don't want to disturb you when you're reading but could do with a chat at some point today if you're around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    christmas?!

Christmas?

Edit: Why won't TSR let me capitalise whole words?
    Uh huh! It takes me a minimum of one day per present, each person is getting an average of four presents, and at least seven people are getting presents. :woo: 7 people x 4 presents x 1 day + extra lazy days = months of preparation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    :console: there anyone you can ask about it at all?
    :hugs: Not really, i went to try and sign on to a new GP practice today but they were full or something. Gonna try a few more tomorrow and see if i get any luck. Had a nice chat to someone from mind though, the people from Mind are always real nice. Didn't know you could go in and just chat with someone when you're feeling like death

(Original post by Odd socks)
    Having a laptop to make notes on slides in lectures is helping so much! Will be even better when j have my recording equipment!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good to hear things are looking up for you socksickle :hugs:

they are making us do mock job interviews. with a panel. and theres more tahn 1 person on the panels, i think. they are going to ask weird questions and i dont have a cv like the rest of my year becuase of the fact mine isnt done yet and i dont even know where to start and i feel like i might have a panic attack when i get there and its scarying me completey.
    Do they know about your problems? If they don't they'll treat you the same as everyone else. I think most of the people in my school had work experience of some kind, which we were pretty much forced to do. Was yr10 or 11, can't quite remember.

You have any techniques or exercises to deal with your stress/anxiety?

ReputationRep:
    Uh huh! It takes me a minimum of one day per present, each person is getting an average of four presents, and at least seven people are getting presents. :woo: 7 people x 4 presents x 1 day + extra lazy days = months of preparation.
    That's so thoughtful! Good luck with your present making!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Would you be happy to poke me when you're done? don't want to disturb you when you're reading but could do with a chat at some point today if you're around
    Sure let me just finish this chapter (it's not very long - less than 20 pages, but a bit dense. I swear people in the 1980s felt like everything had to be seriously wordy :lol: ) and then I'll poke you :lovehug:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

You can only do what you can do! If she doesn't like you I'm sure one of us can come and growl at her until she does? You are definitely not a dunce, either way :no:

It made me laugh a lot more than it should have done to say I was sat on a treestump in the woods crying, soaking wet in the middle of a thunderstorm :getmecoat:

Yeah that's why I thought it might be sixth form/college related

Ah Not really sure what to suggest- could you start your CV tonight? If you list all your qualifications or awards you've gained that'll be a start, so any early GCSEs, music exams, academic awards, maths challenge certificates, D of E, baden powell award (think you mentioned that sometime?)... Not saying you have to say any or all of these, just random things that came into my head. Also put down any work experience or volunteering you might have done and things you're interested in, they won't expect it to be perfect but you could probably get it done reasonably quickly to some extent and it might take your mind of the actual interview a little bit for an hour or so

ReputationRep:
    Sure let me just finish this chapter (it's not very long - less than 20 pages, but a bit dense. I swear people in the 1980s felt like everything had to be seriously wordy :lol: ) and then I'll poke you :lovehug:
    ok thanks hun. honestly no pressure at all, do what you need to do :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    Do they know about your problems? If they don't they'll treat you the same as everyone else. I think most of the people in my school had work experience of some kind, which we were pretty much forced to do. Was yr10 or 11, can't quite remember.

You have any techniques or exercises to deal with your stress/anxiety?
    They dont know. Im too scared to tell them.

not really, stuff i try hasnt been workin latly so yeah.

Yeah that's why I thought it might be sixth form/college related

Ah Not really sure what to suggest- could you start your CV tonight? If you list all your qualifications or awards you've gained that'll be a start, so any early GCSEs, music exams, academic awards, maths challenge certificates, D of E, baden powell award (think you mentioned that sometime?)... Not saying you have to say any or all of these, just random things that came into my head. Also put down any work experience or volunteering you might have done and things you're interested in, they won't expect it to be perfect but you could probably get it done reasonably quickly to some extent and it might take your mind of the actual interview a little bit for an hour or so
    all i really have is a grade 1 in guitar. baden powell i dont have becuase my guide leader didnt let me do it becuase i hadnt been there long enough (she only did it after you had been there for a year, at the time i had been there for 6 months, i could of done it though, she ust didnt let me and i cant do it now becuase of my age)

my school did work expriance last year, for a week. dont think i could place it down though.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    went to lunch for the first time in weeks and was going to go to dinner too but have just got back from class and was hungry so am having a coffee and some mixed nuts and now its all too much and i can't face dinner tonight :sigh: i haven't been to any meals except breakfast for so long that people were shocked i turned up today :sigh:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    They dont know. Im too scared to tell them.

not really, stuff i try hasnt been workin latly so yeah.

all i really have is a grade 1 in guitar. baden powell i dont have becuase my guide leader didnt let me do it becuase i hadnt been there long enough (she only did it after you had been there for a year, at the time i had been there for 6 months, i could of done it though, she ust didnt let me and i cant do it now becuase of my age)

my school did work expriance last year, for a week. dont think i could place it down though.
    That's better than nothing! Just looked at the one I used for trying to get work experience in year ten (did you not make one then?) and I had a bit about some charity stuff I'd done, my predicted GCSE grades, a little bit about my interests and a few achieved awards and things I was working on, does that help at all? You could definitely put your work experience on, too! Could write a little bit about what you did and what you learnt from it, too

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly why I give people cash for Christmas (or if I am feeling extra lazy a cheque)!

Sometimes I'll buy them a book or something if they make a special request but mostly people just say they would rather prefer the money since they have no idea what they want.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.